News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Change to Rule 1:

Started by Jeremy, June 06, 2009, 03:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy

Rule 1, Offensive Language will be different starting today, 6-6-09.

This rule applies only in-game, and not on the forums.

The rule used to include that any obscene language was not tolerated. This is no longer the case.

Obscene language is tolerated to a degree, let me give you some examples:

What is not permitted: (You will receive a mute for the following)
Player1: hey, f*ck you you little shit head.
Player2: f*ck you too, ass hole!
Player3: shut the f*ck up respected member of community!

What is permitted:
Player1: I f*cking lost my helmet! Damnit!
Player2: What the f*ck are you saying?
Player3: f*cking computer! keeps lagging!

Racist slang/terms will not be tolerated in any way, shape, or form.

The change isn't that drastic but it may be confusing at first. Just remember that any offensive language that is directed or appointed to any individual will not be tolerated.

Please also note that you are cursing on your own here. The Moderator's get to decide what is muteable or what isn't muteable. Curse at your own risk!

Post your questions/Comments here. This rule change is not up for discussion, this is not up for voting.

Thank you for reading, have a wonderful day!
I'm bad enough to commit suicide and survive long enough to kill my soul after I'm dead.
-Picture removed-

Zack

Could you please post a list of words that will now be permitted, so someone doesn't get muted due to a misunderstanding.

serguy3

Ok; so what are the grounds on looting now? Will it apply to the first example you made for whats aloud? Like: "f*ck. You f*cking looted my gloves! Give them f*cking back!" What will happen then?

~Serguys_Pure.
Thank you to Zack who brought my suggestion to life. Subscribe to WorldscapeBlitz NOW!

Go here for a great theme. Credits to Zack.

Fight my Brute YO!

Bill

Does this rule apply to the forums too....?

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

Jeremy

Only in-game.

Any word is allowed as long as it's not used in an offensive matter.
I'm bad enough to commit suicide and survive long enough to kill my soul after I'm dead.
-Picture removed-

Volcanic Me

I thought it would be okay, gives people more freedom I guess, but while on other accounts, I see people abusing it, cursing wherever they can, just to do it. "Well, I can't get in trouble for it now, why not?" Is what think they're thinking, and it's not just a couple of people... it's a lot of them. Well, just giving you feedback on it.

Jeremy

@Volcanic Me,

That's true, but that'll fade. It's a new thing, and like all new things people like to really use it. It'll pass. :-)
-Picture removed-

Barrage Pked

Jeremy, what if you're talking about someone who doesn't play the game, someone you know in real life? (excuse my language)
Example: Player1: I know this stupid fucker in real life, he's an *******.
             Player2: Wow, he needs to go f*ck himself, stupid respected member of community.

Is this permitted?
Been around WorldScape for 2 years. :D (Quitting, bye everyone, enjoy the game. Don't hang out with Bri she is trouble)
Co-owner of ~Angels Vengeance~
http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,2075.0.html

Thank you for the signature Ramon (Thrive).

Thrive

first off Barrage: No, not permitted
Second Off, I'd like to veto this act. I see an outcome of chaos, and there will be disputes of whether the person meant it in an offensive way or not. I see it being abused to the point where people can start cursing in an offensive and they will be able to walk away clean. It's downhill from here. I say it should be vetoed just because there is still lots of people unaware of this rule, and in a matter of time people will be spreading around that they can curse without getting in trouble, and it will be hard to stop it again. Stop it before it gets abused. That's all I have to say. Thank you for reading this.
Peace,
       Thríve

Quote from: Voltimolt on April 24, 2012, 01:39:41 AM
Thrive is a legend at signatures.
Quote from: Vee Dub on September 10, 2010, 08:56:25 PM
A rare legend would be someone like Thrive and what not.
That makes me a Double Legend! <3

Quote from: Jake on June 26, 2012, 08:26:15 PM
Oh, Right. You're a legendary Signature maker, Don't get me wrong  ::)
damn RIGHT.

About My Signatures: I have come to believe that signatures are something that need true care for, and can't be generated in two seconds. Also, I have come to believe that text hinders the true beauty of a signature. A signature is supposed to show a render and a background mixing together. Text takes the focus off of these two things, and can make a signature rather disgusting. Text can be in a signature if it is the main focus of it, but other than that, it should just be there as a watermark. This is my GFX philosophy.

Remember the legends: Mute, Cappz, Jazmen, Travis, Ryan, Wyatt, Mark, Cj, Aaron, Hassan,and Jack. You all have a place in my heart.

And then there's Brandon... Sh*t...

Pavilion

Player2's example in the permitted zone seems a lot like it's in the gray area.
"What the f*ck are you saying?"
The expletive used is referred to what the other person is saying; it would be mistranslated as "That's bullshit you're talking about" or "That's a stupid idea."
I prefer having the no-cussing-whatsoever rule (no need to deal with any disputable gray area stuff), but this change is reasonable and enforces the players to be really careful about what they're saying.

wolfy

so...
you are allowed to use words that may be offensive, But for the use of talking about a object
F'ing lag! (okay)
F' you! (not okay?)
^^ talking to myself

ACCOUNTS-
-[main] Dro
-[old main] Wolf mail
-[bored] boredum

kevin711

Will someone please explain this to, Bill. He has muted me, ATLEAST 3 times for cursing, 'In-Game'. I've cursed at a player once, I will admit that; but I was muted for 5 days. I honestly think, that Bill doesn't like me; and every slip up, he will mute me with-out warning. I'd really appreciate it if someone would talk to him. He has muted me, 'IN THE LAST PASS 2 WEEKS' 5 times. Now, it's either, Bill is out to get me, or I am just out of my mind. Please comment me back, or PM me if you agree with how I feel.

~ Kevin.
A proud Member and Beta-Tester for

Never dwell on the past, but thrive on the future.

Bill

Quote from: kevin711 on August 25, 2009, 05:14:34 PM
Will someone please explain this to, Bill. He has muted me, ATLEAST 3 times for cursing, 'In-Game'. I've cursed at a player once, I will admit that; but I was muted for 5 days. I honestly think, that Bill doesn't like me; and every slip up, he will mute me with-out warning. I'd really appreciate it if someone would talk to him. He has muted me, 'IN THE LAST PASS 2 WEEKS' 5 times. Now, it's either, Bill is out to get me, or I am just out of my mind. Please comment me back, or PM me if you agree with how I feel.

~ Kevin.

Five times? It was at the most two or three. The most recent time I muted you it was because you were spamming the yell channel and telling players to "leave you the hell alone". You didn't just say it once, you announced that over the yell channel.... In caps lock... You also swore a couple of times. I teleported to you and I told you to calm down because I knew you were upset or mad about something...You kept constantly saying you were pi**ed off. You stated that four or five times to everyone. Then, you proceeded on saying "Jesus Christ, if you want to mute me, mute me already or just leave me the hell alone!" I would imagine saying "Calm down, Kevin." would imply a very minor, soft warning. After I told you to calm down, you still went on yelling saying you were pi**ed. That's great; you're mad, awesome. We get it, but you don't need to keep announcing it to everyone. You even said mute me if you want, so I did that because you wouldn't stop. I then said, "It's okay if you're mad, but don't take bring it here to WorldScape. If you're upset, maybe you shouldn't be on right now." That was said before you decided to misuse the yell channel. Jeremy stated this in his topic here:

Quote from: Jeremy on June 06, 2009, 03:24:41 PM
Please also note that you are cursing on your own here. The Moderator's get to decide what is muteable or what isn't muteable. Curse at your own risk!

If I felt it was necessary to mute you, then I would. Otherwise, I would have left you be. But the fact that you wouldn't calm down and you kept yelling and screaming didn't really help your chances on that, not to mention the fact that you even said yourself mute me if you want.

Any of the other times I muted you, I would mute you, tell you to stop, then unmute you right away. I do that a lot to everyone that I feel is minorly spamming, breaking the rules, etc. I however do respect the fact that you came on here and appealed it, not disrespecting me or the game/forums itself and acted in an immature, childish manner. So I respect you for that, thank you. I'm not trying to say I'm right and you're wrong because I'm a Moderator and you're not; no, that's just stupid and irrational. I'm simply explaining all of the things I'm feeling with you to you and my reasons for my actions toward you. If you have any other questions regarding why I muted you, just ask me. I'll be happy to answer them. I realize if you file a complaint about a Moderator, it will probably be handled by Ryan or Jeremy, so I will let either one of them decide the outcome on this situation.

Also, keep in mind that mutes are only two days, but after I muted you, you apparently quit the game, as you stated before logging out.. I don't know what's going on there with you. The last thing I ever want is to be a reason why someone would quit WorldScape. I have too much respect for the game and everything about it to think I'm the reason someone has quit. So I'm very sorry if that happened. :-\

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

Drunk Mario

What if you say something like That d4mn noob looted my helmet! (4=a) Is that offensive or is it okay to say that?

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Banjo Hick

No because you're using it as an adjective about a person.