News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

My Disappointment in Jagex

Started by Recoil, March 25, 2012, 04:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recoil

Oh, RuneScape, how I used to have much love for you. Things have changed in that area and I can confidently say it's Jagex's fault. Things have changed for the worse about RuneScape, and those wanting to disagree, let me explain where I've come from with it.

I played RuneScape when I was first 8 years old. 8 years ago. 317 graphics, no Dungeon-eering or anything. My cousin showed me it and I remember (like many others) being so highly addicted that I wouldn't tear my eyes off the screen (didn't help that it was summer, and I had an enormous amount of free time). I remember we would have fire raids with friends. We would fill an entire city (mostly Varrock) with fires, it was insane. People would go in wildy and risk it all, and mostly get tricked by lurers or ice barragers.

I can safely say the old RuneScape took more skill. No double-XP weekends, meaning if you had a skillcape: You were an all out monster and HIGHLY respected. There was nothing like being the only person in a f*cking world in a skillcape, every time you passed someone would follow you and be amazed like a little kid looking up to a professional athlete. The memories of skilling with friends is unforgettable, yet pisses me off because it reminds me to the day that they would change the graphics to a very high extent. Graphics just aren't an element. They changed the whole style. I remember old raids in Falador all the time about it. Because with this update not only the graphics were changed, but PKing was stripped away because you could "hack someone easier" by going onto their account and killing them. Stupid.

If you think that's something there was much worse, I wish I had recorded times that I was there.

I was really disappointed in Jagex. They changed shit around for the new people, not the older members that should've been rewarded for staying with them. So I played WorldScape to remind myself of the older grahpics and memories, but I soon realized it could never amount up to it. It wasn't JUST the graphics. It was the whole game. Ask any old fart and they'll tell you that old and new RS are the same, but anyone with any kind of experience with technology knows it's not. It's not even close.

I can personally guarantee that my hate for Jagex is more than anything.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Yoho

Amen.

RS is full of gold farmers now. I just like doing construction cause it's fun.  :)

If someone plays a game because of the graphics, I suggest they go outside.

Skyro

I really did like old RuneScape a lot more. I wish it would be brought back. But it is the same as WorldScape.

I really did like old WorldScape a lot more, because of the pking. I wish it was brought back.

Quote from: Dug on April 03, 2012, 02:23:36 AM
I'm glad i don't play with myself, otherwise, Jack would be raging at me. :P

Please check out my Goals for 2012.

nate

my brother in law (hes like 23 or something) pks and sells items for money. hes made like over $2000 off runescape gold. i think hes gotten also over 2b cash in total (not at one point in time)

This is / isn't a serious post

ratman3

I am proud, to have taken place in some of those riots:

And to think, if Jagex actually Listened to people, where Runescape would actually be:
Quote from: Sad Panda on March 08, 2011, 04:51:09 PM
No matter how wrong I am I, as a troll, am always right.

Kevin

I took place at a few of these riots myself.

The truth is RuneScape will never be the way it used to be. I was just talking to Ryan about making a complete re-make of RuneScape back in the day.

Recoil

Quote from: Kevin on March 25, 2012, 05:20:27 PM

The truth is RuneScape will never be the way it used to be. I was just talking to Ryan about making a complete re-make of RuneScape back in the day.
A remake of RS would be cool, but what I'm trying to get at here is that something like that would never be the same as old RS, because it's also all the old friends I miss that quit because of the new updates. It's the old experience that you just can't remake, which is truly sad.

Quote from: ratman3 on March 25, 2012, 04:49:19 PM
I am proud, to have taken place in some of those riots:

And to think, if Jagex actually Listened to people, where Runescape would actually be:
I tend to think the same, but not everyone agrees.

Quote from: nate on March 25, 2012, 04:37:50 PM
my brother in law (hes like 23 or something) pks and sells items for money. hes made like over $2000 off runescape gold. i think hes gotten also over 2b cash in total (not at one point in time)
Umm.. Okay? Lol

Quote from: Skyro on March 25, 2012, 04:37:19 PM
I really did like old RuneScape a lot more. I wish it would be brought back. But it is the same as WorldScape.

I really did like old WorldScape a lot more, because of the pking. I wish it was brought back.
Whilst I agree, that subject has been beaten to a bloody pulp and I can guarantee it (sadly) will not come back.

People always say that newer WS or RS versions are more "stable" (for WS back to the subject of old PKing), but to be quite honest I couldn't care less. I want the same old experiences and memories to still be here.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

nate

honestly, if you did that i might play that more that ws  ;D ;D ;D

I Merk

RS now is just too complicated for me. I also hate the fact the players have changed. Years ago I'd create an account and get 10 people that day I would talk to and PK and shit together. I have started playing again and haven't added a single person. The only person who sent me a PM was 'hgfidifbd' wanting to sell me gold, $0.90 per 1M. Meh, 13 year old nerds suck donkey d*ck.

Recoil

Quote from: I Merk on March 25, 2012, 05:50:16 PM
RS now is just too complicated for me. I also hate the fact the players have changed. Years ago I'd create an account and get 10 people that day I would talk to and PK and shit together. I have started playing again and haven't added a single person. The only person who sent me a PM was 'hgfidifbd' wanting to sell me gold, $0.90 per 1M. Meh, 13 year old nerds suck donkey d*ck.
This too. The changes to the game have brought little immature kids. Something they can't reverse now.
Dem digits

garrdrenn1

The truth is RuneScape will never be the way it used to be. I was just talking to Ryan about making a complete remake of RuneScape back in the day.

Good god that would be more time consuming than anything I could ever imagine. I know for a fact that there have been plenty of people that have attempted this and have failed miserably. However, I have no doubt that if anybody could do this it would be you, Ry, and the rest of the AllGoFree team. Obviously this team has the skill level, patience and discipline to pull this off, but I'm sure nobody here wants you to forget about Worldscape while working on a new project.

nate

i botted lol. but it was so i could catch up to my brother in levels to pk with him. tbh i loved old runescape training (before all the botters), (although i hated botters) because it actually showed hard work. (im not a hypocrite for botting, i just to fed up with other botters.

Wild

I remember my first days in the memberworld. i took all my money to discover the whole members world, I got poisoned and lost my bank.

Quote from: caponer on March 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM
My goal is to **** at least 50 girls this year,
Drink at least 100 liter beer,
Smoke 10 or more joints,

Genuine

In my opinion Runescape 2008-2010 was the best. Because it was well made and it was just and average place. When the 2011-2012 updates came, it ruined the game in my opinion.

My mate and his mates re-made Runescape from 2006. I'm not advertising but it's quite amazing what they are doing.

Grievous

If you're referring to all the raggers, botters, pjers, ratters, hackers, scammers, lurers, rushers, flamers, trolls then that's not really Jagex's foult is it? People tend to blame the game, but it's really the community that's bad. Runescape have been told to have the WORST community for a MMORPG, I'm sure that's true. It's not Jagex's foult that people PJ. It's a part of the game. Yes, the game has a few flaws, but in reality, it's really the community that has changed for the bad. I've also read countless of stories of how "the game would be SO exciting when you had nothing.. blah blah blah". Everybody misses their childhood, that's what that really is about. Being a noob! When you've explored everything, and done everything, it's just not that fun. If the game started to sell gold, give out free bots and promote PJing, that would be another thing, but that's not how it is. Runescape is Runescape, it has changed, get over it.