News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

My Disappointment in Jagex

Started by Recoil, March 25, 2012, 04:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freak m4n

Tbh, there is already a 2006 version of Rs. I'm just not going to post the link, but there are already 100'000 people playing it, even tho it's just in a bèta version. I've heard. :)
Got the 100'000th post on the forums.

M I K E

Was good for the 7 years i played it, totally shitty money hungry fail crap crap shit these days. </3

Recoil

Quote from: Grievous on March 26, 2012, 03:29:03 PM
If you're referring to all the raggers, botters, pjers, ratters, hackers, scammers, lurers, rushers, flamers, trolls then that's not really Jagex's foult is it? People tend to blame the game, but it's really the community that's bad. Runescape have been told to have the WORST community for a MMORPG, I'm sure that's true. It's not Jagex's foult that people PJ. It's a part of the game. Yes, the game has a few flaws, but in reality, it's really the community that has changed for the bad. I've also read countless of stories of how "the game would be SO exciting when you had nothing.. blah blah blah". Everybody misses their childhood, that's what that really is about. Being a noob! When you've explored everything, and done everything, it's just not that fun. If the game started to sell gold, give out free bots and promote PJing, that would be another thing, but that's not how it is. Runescape is Runescape, it has changed, get over it.
Try reading my post. I never once mention the community as being their fault.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Dug

Only good time i remember on worldscape, was me getting my friend 10m from camping at green dragons all through the night, getting 5k dragon bones + dragon hide :). I may not be that experienced with runescape, but i do know that the more you play it, you'll realize that you wasted time of good laughs and chugs along the path..
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Genuine

Quote from: freak m4n on March 26, 2012, 04:09:19 PM
Tbh, there is already a 2006 version of Rs. I'm just not going to post the link, but there are already 100'000 people playing it, even tho it's just in a bèta version. I've heard. :)

Thats it.

Flame

If you're referring to all the raggers, botters, pjers, ratters, hackers, scammers, lurers, rushers, flamers, trolls then that's not really Jagex's foult is it? People tend to blame the game, but it's really the community that's bad. Runescape have been told to have the WORST community for a MMORPG, I'm sure that's true. It's not Jagex's foult that people PJ. It's a part of the game. Yes, the game has a few flaws, but in reality, it's really the community that has changed for the bad.
I completely agree with this. Obviously Jagex has come up with some pretty stupid updates but as far as pking goes, the awfulness of the community has had a much more negative impact on the game than anything Jagex has done.

Although adding new things for players to use to be annoying like Ganodermic, Polypore Staff, Korasi Sword, Turmoil, Pack Yak etc. certainly doesn't help lol

Mia

Does anyone notice the guy trying to sell D legs for 10m? lol

Grievous

Quote from: Recoil on March 26, 2012, 05:08:45 PM
If you're referring to all the raggers, botters, pjers, ratters, hackers, scammers, lurers, rushers, flamers, trolls then that's not really Jagex's foult is it? People tend to blame the game, but it's really the community that's bad. Runescape have been told to have the WORST community for a MMORPG, I'm sure that's true. It's not Jagex's foult that people PJ. It's a part of the game. Yes, the game has a few flaws, but in reality, it's really the community that has changed for the bad. I've also read countless of stories of how "the game would be SO exciting when you had nothing.. blah blah blah". Everybody misses their childhood, that's what that really is about. Being a noob! When you've explored everything, and done everything, it's just not that fun. If the game started to sell gold, give out free bots and promote PJing, that would be another thing, but that's not how it is. Runescape is Runescape, it has changed, get over it.
Try reading my post. I never once mention the community as being their fault.

Yeah, I read it, and to me it sounds like you just miss your childhood. You're talking about the "old days", but if you've played RS recently, you'd know that the game really isn't that bad. It's the community that's bad. It's like this; Is MW2 bad because you can noob-tube, OMA, Danger close? The game is alright, but it's the community that has chosen that setup, not the game. Meh, bad example, but you get my point? 

Recoil

Quote from: Grievous on March 27, 2012, 03:49:09 AM
Yeah, I read it, and to me it sounds like you just miss your childhood. You're talking about the "old days", but if you've played RS recently, you'd know that the game really isn't that bad. It's the community that's bad. It's like this; Is MW2 bad because you can noob-tube, OMA, Danger close? The game is alright, but it's the community that has chosen that setup, not the game. Meh, bad example, but you get my point?
I get your point, but I'm saying I really don't like the game anymore. The community is just another small downfall. It's not that I Miss my Childhood it's that I miss the game.. Idk if you've played it in earlier days, but if you haven't I understand your confusion on why I don't like it anymore.

It's not like I tried playing it, X-ed it out and never played again. I have played it (tried to, almost unwillingly) play for a long long time to give Jagex a second chance, because I once loved them so much. We've obviously been set up in different situations and that's ok, I know it's hard to see each other's points.

Say your favorite game is CoD for example (using that because you mentioned MW2, you can really insert anything for CoD). Wouldn't you be pissed if you loved it the way it is and they COMPLETELY changed it around? I sure as hell Am.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Kryptonite

That would be like changing Call of Duty to Battlefield. More "advanced" graphics, but so many kids would rage.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Recoil

Quote from: Kryptonite on March 27, 2012, 08:22:17 PM
That would be like changing Call of Duty to Battlefield. More "advanced" graphics, but so many kids would rage.
Bout time you got online....  >:(

Ontopic: Yes that is a perfect analogy.

Quote from: Mia on March 27, 2012, 02:51:47 AM
Does anyone notice the guy trying to sell D legs for 10m? lol
Times have changed, bud.
Dem digits

nate

ya, back then i remember when santa was down to about 10m.

one time, i as mining and a botter died to those rock golems they used to have for random events. he had a santa on and i picked it up. i was a noob when this happened, and i sold it back for 10k..... so mad.  ;D

This is / isn't a serious post

Recoil

Quote from: nate on March 27, 2012, 10:14:52 PM
ya, back then i remember when santa was down to about 10m.

one time, i as mining and a botter died to those rock golems they used to have for random events. he had a santa on and i picked it up. i was a noob when this happened, and i sold it back for 10k..... so mad.  ;D
Lmao sold it for 10k :D

Money was way more valuable back in the day... 1m was a lot of money for average players. I remember a whip costing 3m and no one hardly ever Had it..... Now that's Childs play. :-/
Dem digits

Kryptonite

Inflation. It wasn't good for America, so it can't be good for RS either.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Recoil

Quote from: Kryptonite on March 27, 2012, 11:16:43 PM
Inflation. It wasn't good for America, so it can't be good for RS either.
Lmao Kane, such great logics
Dem digits