News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Advertising & Regaining players.

Started by Mia, March 02, 2012, 12:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mia

Worldscape has gone dead. With only a small amount of players left on daily, in which I have seen is only about 8.

We MUST try our hardest to get the word about Worldscape out there!
Not only will this affect the server.. but it's getting low.  People are quitting all the time over items lost and other silly reaons. SO what? that's no reason to quit. Excuse the expression but, Grow some balls.

Now, I'm not here to attack any player or staff member but, All i can see is this server coming to an end. With not enough people, who will play? and where's the point of running a dead server?

My point here is that we need more players.
There is NOT ENOUGH of them.

If you have a friend that plays Runescape, let them know about us.  If you have a friend that like's RS server's, Let them know about us.  Or better yet, Post it of facebook, google+, twitter, myspace and all the sites you use daily. Even if they don't play worldscape, let them know you play it and you'd like them to try.

There are plenty of people out there that can advertise. This does not just mean that people IN-GAME have to advertise, but people on the forums.

Back in 09, we would have up to 30 players play each time I was on, we had good moderators, great staff & we all loved WS.  I miss all of the old players, I have gotten ex-moderator Coleshot1 to play again. if I can push people to play Worldscape, why can't you?

Thankyou for reading this post & I hope you do as I/everyone asks.

Recoil

This has been discussed a few times before, some people agree with it and others refuse to accept it. I too agree that it's dying, I personally at least temporarily quit because OTHERS quit. The legends have left, there's maybe one or two left, and yes there used to be like 40 active players when I first joined. Try reviving it all you want but the thing that would make me most happy is having some legends back.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Mia

Jose, Me, Ry, Wouter, Coleshot1, And a few more are legends. But, will more be coming? i think yes!

gomes97

First i thought it was boring,
But when there are much people online its very much fun
So i Will help you

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

Recoil

Quote from: Mia on March 02, 2012, 11:34:39 AM
Jose, Me, Ry, Wouter, Coleshot1, And a few more are legends. But, will more be coming? i think yes!
Ry, Wouter, and Coleshot I never see on..
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

nate

Wouter is married, so he won't come back permanently. he gets on every once and a while.

ill make a facebook page for worldscape

This is / isn't a serious post

Yoho

Sora

I'll try and get some people playing again. I think the reason why most players quit is because most players on WS are PKers and when Ryan and the staff changed pking, i don't think there was a reason for them to play again. They cannot get used to the new way of pking. This is just my opinion. I'll try and get more players playing again.  :P

Recoil

Quote from: Tinyyoshi on March 02, 2012, 04:00:24 PM
I'll try and get some people playing again. I think the reason why most players quit is because most players on WS are PKers and when Ryan and the staff changed pking, i don't think there was a reason for them to play again. They cannot get used to the new way of pking. This is just my opinion. I'll try and get more players playing again.  :P
True but also there's a point that it just gets boring..
Dem digits

Recoil

People are lazy that's for sure. I honestly wouldn't mind the revival of blitz, I'd like it to be super challenging... The more challenging, the more satisfying it is to recall.
Dem digits

Kryptonite

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Recoil

America has lost Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash, and Bob Hope. Now we have no Jobs, no Cash, and no Hope.
Dem digits

bamdidyblam

My how things have changed. I started playing WS over 3 years ago at least and there were close to 50-70 players on constantly. Havent been on in over 2 years, however. Who you consider legends aren't even close to the guys that were here from the start. I think the begining of the end was when an ex admin or mod, can't remember who, maxed out everyone's character files which REALLY made some people mad.

However, it's not just WS on the decline, its not just other private servers on the decline, Runescape in general is on the decline and all other relatives to it are feeling the effects of it. It's sad to see because this was truly one of the better servers and COMMUNITIES I have ever been with.
World Scape Classic member for about 2 years

Usefull links

SMF Forum Codes

Styles and Codes

Server coding help and more

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."

- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Recoil

Quote from: bamdidyblam on March 02, 2012, 11:12:30 PM
My how things have changed. I started playing WS over 3 years ago at least and there were close to 50-70 players on constantly. Havent been on in over 2 years, however. Who you consider legends aren't even close to the guys that were here from the start. I think the begining of the end was when an ex admin or mod, can't remember who, maxed out everyone's character files which REALLY made some people mad.

However, it's not just WS on the decline, its not just other private servers on the decline, Runescape in general is on the decline and all other relatives to it are feeling the effects of it. It's sad to see because this was truly one of the better servers and COMMUNITIES I have ever been with.
Word. I couldn't have said it better..
Dem digits

Mia

Please review & comment on my Suggestions in Suggestions.   Lol