News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Advertising & Regaining players.

Started by Mia, March 02, 2012, 12:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gomes97

The bigest Problem is eu timezone because there quit
Most people. And play not much people lik 5-10.
Ä° think we need more dutch germany etc People.

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

Genuine

Quote from: Skyro on March 28, 2012, 08:03:30 PM
Quote from: Mia on March 02, 2012, 12:15:57 AM
Back in 09, we would have up to 30 players play each time I was on, we had good moderators, great staff & we all loved WS.  I miss all of the old players.
That's because the old WorldScape got removed and because the pking, that's why everyone quit. I loved those times, sometimes we had 50 players on but as soon as kevin got admin then everything got change and everyone quit. I'm not saying kevin screwed the game, I'm saying that his ideas to upgrade the game to the later version of RS made people leave.

If the old pking came back, I could get a lot of people back and so could others.
It got worse way before Kevin got admin. Possibly a year before that.

Grizx

We need to be much closer as a community and accept new players into it. It's like moving to a new school, if you haven't made any friends you won't want to go and eventually not go at all. We need more D&D events etc to get all of the community involved.

Desolate

Yeah, I have to admit, our community isn't extremely friendly to new players both on the forums and in-game. As Griz said, we need more events that will bring the community closer and make it a generally more friendly place. It's also incredibly hard for new players to gain any interest because it's so hard to be successful in Worldscape. Other servers are more inviting to new people because through skilling and the like they are able to obtain good items in a relatively short amount of time without it being too rapid. People with rares aren't willing to sell them (me included), so in that instance, it's almost impossible for newer players to be successful. I know the staff have a plan in place to repair the economy for the future but during that time, I think there needs to be things that spark the interests of new players and furthermore makes them continue playing this game. Advertising can only do so much, of course, it can make a player log on, but what's the good in that if they leave a few days after? To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what Worldscape needs for players to come on actively, but being generally more accepting of new players is a start, this doesn't necessarily mean give them out items and off they go, what we really need is something that piques their interests. Zombies was a great addition but the amount of time it takes as well as the lack of people wanting to play it doesn't really make it all that appealing. I'll probably update this post as soon as I think of some ideas but, that's just my take on the matter.  :)

Kryptonite

We need more things we can do by ourselves for the time being.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Recoil

Quote from: Kryptonite on March 29, 2012, 07:34:23 AM
We need more things we can do by ourselves for the time being.
Which is what's wrong with bringing classic back.. People bitched and got their way, now they Realize that leveling was so quick that now they have nothing to do.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

gomes97

maybe we can try to find a way for the old pking people.
and the people that want to keep this.
like keep zombie and all the skills skillcape etc.
but remove veng and change the food heal?
about kevin if you do something you can make mistake.
i dont wanna see he did because he did a great job for ws.
i think this i will be a good way for ws
to change only the pking and keep the other skills etc.
because ags hit high to disable it in wildy

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

Recoil

Quote from: gomes97 on March 29, 2012, 11:06:17 AM
maybe we can try to find a way for the old pking people.
and the people that want to keep this.
like keep zombie and all the skills skillcape etc.
but remove veng and change the food heal?
about kevin if you do something you can make mistake.
i dont wanna see he did because he did a great job for ws.
i think this i will be a good way for ws
to change only the pking and keep the other skills etc.
because ags hit high to disable it in wildy
I'm not sure if we could have both, but good idea. Maybe two wildy places with different features? I dunno, that seems kinda needy though. I Think that people either need to Accept the future or not be ignorant for those who Lived the past. The community as a whole needs to a make a Decision (even though it's technically been made already, but it's been made by the STAFF, not commmunity)
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

James

For starters: Anyone that is dissing Kevin has no idea what this server has come through before. In my eyes, even after being gone all these years, I've seen updates that are out in the open for everyone not just individual players or staff, a friendlier community (even if it is smaller), and someone that thinks level-headedly.  I have been through 4 generations of Worldscape altogether, starting with Gizmo, Jeremy, Max, and now Kevin.  Gizmo was a complete twit who ruined everything, picked favorites, scammed people out of money/runescape items, made Ry's life a living hell, and had his brother banning or ip-banning everyone that would woop him in the wildy.  Jeremy, I'm sure you all know about him.  He would make accounts to purposefully kill people, and then deny it and say that we have hackers, which caused an uproar in the community.  He also scammed people out of money/runescape items, and was generally not a friendly person.  Max was never really heard from, and I think I saw him maybe once, which leads me to believe he really did nothing to benefit the players.

Kevin is doing what he can, and with a level-headed attitude he will make good decisions and changes, all you've gotta do is trust his leadership skills.

ON-TOPIC:  I don't see why anyone liked the "old wilderness."  I found it no fun, after sitting there killing the same one-itemers or the same DH/Zerker/Whip/Obby shield constantly.  Vengeance makes the wilderness more exciting, knowing that if your opponent hits a 60 on you, part of that damage will be reflected back.  Godswords are evil in the wilderness, but think, if you die you lose it.  That's what makes the wilderness fun.  The only thing I would change, and I've said this for years, remove the ::runes command and make RuneCrafting a viable skill! :-)

Recoil

Quote from: James on March 29, 2012, 03:51:30 PM
For starters: Anyone that is dissing Kevin has no idea what this server has come through before. In my eyes, even after being gone all these years, I've seen updates that are out in the open for everyone not just individual players or staff, a friendlier community (even if it is smaller), and someone that thinks level-headedly.  I have been through 4 generations of Worldscape altogether, starting with Gizmo, Jeremy, Max, and now Kevin.  Gizmo was a complete twit who ruined everything, picked favorites, scammed people out of money/runescape items, made Ry's life a living hell, and had his brother banning or ip-banning everyone that would woop him in the wildy.  Jeremy, I'm sure you all know about him.  He would make accounts to purposefully kill people, and then deny it and say that we have hackers, which caused an uproar in the community.  He also scammed people out of money/runescape items, and was generally not a friendly person.  Max was never really heard from, and I think I saw him maybe once, which leads me to believe he really did nothing to benefit the players.

Kevin is doing what he can, and with a level-headed attitude he will make good decisions and changes, all you've gotta do is trust his leadership skills.
Everyone has their flaws, I personally admire Kevin's intelligence, BUTTT (dunno how badly I'll get punished for saying this :P) he has been known at least to me to blackmailing into banning. I'm not saying he says "Gimmie this or you're banned", but he has threatened me to tell him something (although for the better of the server) with a ban. I'm not saying it's more effective to do otherwise, because honestly blackmailing is the most effective (yet unethical).

However I DO LIKE KEVIN, as I said. My point is no one is going to be perfect, one guy may be lazy whilst another guy may annoy people with his constant work. There is no perfect combination, which is why trial and error is necessary in staff.
Dem digits

Mia

Garrets psot wasn't removed.  It was moved to adverising board.

Kryptonite

Wow guys if that's true then we need to get better at paying attention to things. I thought it was trashed for a little while though.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Desolate

Yeah, as Mia said, it was moved to the advertising board but it will be available soon I'm pretty sure. The stuff you guys said was pretty inappropriate but they should have told us that it was moved.

Mia

I will be adding people to the group, I've suggested the players in that post to be added to the advertisment board.  There will be no toleration of trashtalking in it.

robinhood

Are you kidding me? i pmed like last week  i wanted to help but you are total ignoring me?

look im just trying to help this server but if you dont want my help just say it....

WorldScape Rebellion Oath

"I, usernamehere, hereby declare a time for change. I will not open a WorldScape client until our points are heard and responded to. I will not play the game until we have a fair economy. I will not play the game until we, The WorldScape Rebellion, have proven that this game is controlled by the attitudes of the players. I believe I can and will make change."

http://i.imgur.com/nvBbE.gif