News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Advertising & Regaining players.

Started by Mia, March 02, 2012, 12:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grievous

Nono

New pking ruined everything, I think we all know that WS had an decreasing number of players shortly after blitz was released.

nate

im sorry, but old pking will not come back (unless ryan decides it to, which he has expressed he never will). we need to stop brining up old pking, this is a new time in worldscape, and we need the players to play the game for what it is, not what it used to be.

This is / isn't a serious post

TROLOLOLOLOL

Quote from: Grievous on March 06, 2012, 12:23:46 PM
Nono

New pking ruined everything, I think we all know that WS had an decreasing number of players shortly after blitz was released.
Negative attitudes don't help bring players back.

Recoil

Quote from: nate on March 06, 2012, 03:07:32 PM
im sorry, but old pking will not come back (unless ryan decides it to, which he has expressed he never will). we need to stop brining up old pking, this is a new time in worldscape, and we need the players to play the game for what it is, not what it used to be.
People are entitled to their opinions
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

nate

Quote from: Recoil on March 06, 2012, 07:15:02 PM
Quote from: nate on March 06, 2012, 03:07:32 PM
People are entitled to their opinions

agreed, but the subject has been beaten to a pulp by the same number of people for a long while.

Recoil

People rightfully so miss the past, they were good times.

Just because it's not happening doesn't mean you can't say you want it back. You do this stuff all the time with your suggestions and no one tells you that you can't post them.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

nate

i post little things, not something that has been brought up, shot down, brought up, shot down again, etc....

Kryptonite

Well, why was Garrett's topic taken down, if you guys really want to advertise so bad?

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Recoil

Quote from: Kryptonite on March 28, 2012, 07:45:47 AM
Well, why was Garrett's topic taken down, if you guys really want to advertise so bad?
We want Justice! I'm about to start a protest
Dem digits

Kryptonite

Nah, they'd remove that topic too...

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Skyro

Quote from: Mia on March 02, 2012, 12:15:57 AM
Back in 09, we would have up to 30 players play each time I was on, we had good moderators, great staff & we all loved WS.  I miss all of the old players.
That's because the old WorldScape got removed and because the pking, that's why everyone quit. I loved those times, sometimes we had 50 players on but as soon as kevin got admin then everything got change and everyone quit. I'm not saying kevin screwed the game, I'm saying that his ideas to upgrade the game to the later version of RS made people leave.

If the old pking came back, I could get a lot of people back and so could others.

Quote from: Dug on April 03, 2012, 02:23:36 AM
I'm glad i don't play with myself, otherwise, Jack would be raging at me. :P

Please check out my Goals for 2012.

Recoil

Quote from: Skyro on March 28, 2012, 08:03:30 PM
That's because the old WorldScape got removed and because the pking, that's why everyone quit. I loved those times, sometimes we had 50 players on but as soon as kevin got admin then everything got change and everyone quit. I'm not saying kevin screwed the game, I'm saying that his ideas to upgrade the game to the later version of RS made people leave.

If the old pking came back, I could get a lot of people back and so could others.
Wasn't just because of the PKing, people quit because of classic switching to Blitz (and of course classic is back now, but they haven't come back to check) Plus you will always have players leave eventually, it's impossible not to get bored after years.
Dem digits

nate

Quote from: Recoil on March 28, 2012, 08:08:55 PM

Wasn't just because of the PKing, people quit because of classic switching to Blitz (and of course classic is back now, but they haven't come back to check) Plus you will always have players leave eventually, it's impossible not to get bored after years.

and people grow up, get married, etc... people move on with their lives

Kevin

James

Quote from: nate on March 28, 2012, 10:35:04 PM
Quote from: Recoil on March 28, 2012, 08:08:55 PM

and people grow up, get married, etc... people move on with their lives
Yes, but some people come back even after that  ;). The point being, advertising is the most simple way to gain a big player base. Recruit 100 players, even if only 10 stay that's 10 we didn't have.