News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Yell Channel. (Edit 8:30 EU 26 March.)

Started by wouter, March 25, 2011, 12:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouter

Hello almighty staff of Worldscape and all the lovely players,

I been a little confused last days. It starts with this. A while ago Jeremy posted the forum Rules at the forums.
It says this about the usage of the yell channel.
QuoteYell Channel:
Any misuse of the Yell Channel is a muteable offense. The Yell Channel is designed to notify players that you are selling, or buying an item. You can also use the Yell Channel to notify players of events, such as; Castle Wars, FunPk, or advertising to come to the Wildy. Player Moderator's are allowed to use the Yell Channel to make announcements, and to notify players individually, or as a whole, of anything they feel suitable.

That says that basically that it's not allowed to chat on the yell channel. All I see last days at the yell is,

Quite much chatting.. In my opinion the rules either should be edited or the chatting on the yell channel should be punished harder.

What's your opinion?

Dicussssssss...............

Bless,
Capz.

This man has brains.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Kevin on March 25, 2011, 06:24:14 PM
I have an Idea to fix this problem... :o

Maybe make a completely different channel, like everyone knows ::yell Hi guys!

How about ::chat

To join you can log in and type ::joinchat and it will throw you in like a clan chat, moderators and admins can ::ckick players out if they are misusing it in any way. Or if you don't want to type ::joinchat you can make ::autojoinchat basically it will be the same as yell, but you can talk about anything and don't need to worry about people chatting as a group. If the "spamming" of the chat is anoying you, you can simply type ::leavechat and you will be removed from it, and can re-join it by typing ::joinchat

This will be different then the Yell in a way

The yell channel will show [Yell]Kevin: Hi guys!
as they chat will show as [Chat]Kevin: Hi guys!

::yell will be used as normal and will be a channel you cannot leave, which will have rules, and the chat will basically have the same rules as normal chat to chat players, no swearing, flaming, argueing, spamming, put-downs, ect, ect. What do you guys think?

gomes97

I also think there are unnecessary things gezegt the yell I was doing it I'm going now worn out and I think it's better if people for a while (10 hours or so)

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

wouter

Quote from: gomes97 on March 25, 2011, 01:02:04 PM
I also think there are unnecessary things gezegt the yell I was doing it I'm going now worn out and I think it's better if people for a while (10 hours or so)

QuoteI also think that there are unnecessary things said on the yell. I used to do it my self but I stopped with it. I think its better if people get muted for a while. (10 hours or so)

No offence. Just helping you. ;)

Yeah, that is what it supposed to be..

Dug

Hmmm and i'm pretty sure they are aware of the rules.... but lets be honest we all joke around on the yell from time to time when there's not a lot of players on or so, nevertheless you're right.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Insomnom

Chatting on the yell channel does result in a mute from time to time.
We're normally pretty lenient, telling them to take it to PMs before warning them. Usually multiple times.
Unless it's extremely spamming or annoying, I don't think an immediate mute is necessary.
However, I do not like when people disregard my warnings. ;)
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

X

Yeah if you see people do this, report them as of now, this is spamming the yell channel.

Kevin

I have an Idea to fix this problem... :o

Maybe make a completely different channel, like everyone knows ::yell Hi guys!

How about ::chat

To join you can log in and type ::joinchat and it will throw you in like a clan chat, moderators and admins can ::ckick players out if they are misusing it in any way. Or if you don't want to type ::joinchat you can make ::autojoinchat basically it will be the same as yell, but you can talk about anything and don't need to worry about people chatting as a group. If the "spamming" of the chat is anoying you, you can simply type ::leavechat and you will be removed from it, and can re-join it by typing ::joinchat

This will be different then the Yell in a way

The yell channel will show [Yell]Kevin: Hi guys!
as they chat will show as [Chat]Kevin: Hi guys!

::yell will be used as normal and will be a channel you cannot leave, which will have rules, and the chat will basically have the same rules as normal chat to chat players, no swearing, flaming, argueing, spamming, put-downs, ect, ect. What do you guys think?

ratman3

But then, that's essentially creating another yell channel. 
Quote from: Sad Panda on March 08, 2011, 04:51:09 PM
No matter how wrong I am I, as a troll, am always right.

Kevin

Quote from: ratman3 on March 25, 2011, 06:33:17 PM
But then, that's essentially creating another yell channel.

A Yell channel that can be used more efficiently without making changes to the old one or bothering players who don't want to be bothered.

Insomnom

Iunno. Seems like too much for such a simple issue.
People are always standing around in Lumby/Fally/Etele/Wildy chatting as it is.. so it's not like we need it.
Anyhow, this is usually only an issue with one or two people.
Meaning one person can just hush or the two can just PM. =P
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Drunk Mario

Quote from: Insomnom on March 25, 2011, 07:46:38 PM

Iunno. Seems like too much for such a simple issue.
People are always standing around in Lumby/Fally/Etele/Wildy chatting as it is.. so it's not like we need it.
Anyhow, this is usually only an issue with one or two people.
Meaning one person can just hush or the two can just PM. =P
Crap, was just going to say that. ::)

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Yoho

How about they advertise the IRC on the game?

Drunk Mario

Quote from: Yoho on March 26, 2011, 12:35:44 PM
How about they advertise the IRC on the game?
Maybe a thing like the ::forums with the timed chat message.. ::irc with a message: "Join our official IRC chat server! ::irc"

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

M I K E

There should be added something like a time limit :)

You could send only one message in one minute...

Kryptonite

Quote from: M I K E on March 26, 2011, 01:11:02 PM
There should be added something like a time limit :)

You could send only one message in one minute...

Not really. Some messages might be a little too long so you'll need to put it in 2 messages. And it would be horribly confusing for everyone if they saw the second part of your message 60 seconds later.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.