News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Gawsh.

Started by Vee Dub, November 18, 2010, 01:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vee Dub

I'm not sure if people have noticed but allot of members have been mean to other members that have poor english or poor punctuation. There is no need for it, Really.

People come form different areas and speak different languages, No on is perfect. Before you post something like that just remember that it could insult someone.

Insomnom

I agree with this.
I had a user this morning asking me a lot of questions in broken English, but I tried my best to understand and help.
You know what they told me after?
Something along the lines of.. Thank you for helping me, everyone else just tells me to go away.
It's kind of depressing.

Their (By "their" I mean anyone who doesn't speak English as their native language, but plays Blitz and tries their best to communicate with us) English is far better than my (insert other language here).. and for that, I commend them. =)

It's hard learning more than one language..

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Vee Dub

Quote from: Insomnom on November 18, 2010, 01:33:59 AM
I agree with this.
I had a user this morning asking me a lot of questions in broken English, but I tried my best to understand and help.
You know what they told me after?
Something along the lines of.. Thank you for helping me, everyone else just tells me to go away.
It's kind of depressing.

Their (By "their" I mean anyone who doesn't speak English as their native language, but plays Blitz and tries their best to communicate with us) English is far better than my (insert other language here).. and for that, I commend them. =)

It's hard learning more than one language..

Exactly! Even though they don't speak great english doesn't mean they should be treated differently.

People have changed since Blitz was released. Players helped one another that's all changed. If we want this server to go far people need to stop being such jerks and help for once.

Dug

I agree as well
If i catch anyone making fun of a players English i would definitely back them up and everyone remember that if you help other players other players will help you :)
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Kryptonite

No.. Nobody that I have seen has ever been mean to them. They just tell them to use better grammar because it's too hard to understand what they say. Stop taking so much offense to everything.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Insomnom

Oh, I've seen quite a bit of cruelty first hand.

Just because you haven't, doesn't mean people are "taking so much offense to everything".
Plus, it's a rant board, people can take as much offense as they like. ;p
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Dug

isn't that sort of umm encouraging people lol....
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Insomnom

Expressing your opinions on issues often brings light to people who didn't notice anything before.
It can be productive, so long as it doesn't end up in a flame war. =P
(On that note, I must say that I DO jest a lot.. and I really hope most people can tell the difference and I don't offend anyone.)

That's why, when I disagree with someone, I still tell them as such.. but I don't try to insult them or anything like that.
I just let them know how I see things and try to understand how they see things.
Life is simpler for everyone that way. Even if people still disagree.

Anyhow.
Sorry for running a bit off topic.

Made by Pride.

Sad Panda

I understand this. If we aren't like it now, then we were before. My first post looked like shit. I admit to asking people better grammar, and on occasion I'd tell them I couldn't help them because I couldn't quite make out what they said. I certainly would never tell someone to go away because I couldn't understand them. I'd try to ask for clarity a few times and it'd usually help. Like Jazmin said it's not always easy trying to learn a new language. Algunas personas no hablan inglés.

unknowed

i Agree with this, but also this does not mean that other people from other country's don't need to try to speak better english.

Emptyness

o yeah btw, â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ to all you nice pop song haters...
stole that from dug, my bad.

Vee Dub

Quote from: unknowed on November 22, 2010, 06:44:26 AM
i Agree with this, but also this does not mean that other people from other country's don't need to try to speak better english.
Okay, speak perfect Latin without using a translator. Not so easy is it?

Kryptonite

Quote from: Vee Dub on November 22, 2010, 11:36:24 PM

Must be somewhat if you do it perfect.

weed

Vee Dub

Quote from: Kryptonite on November 25, 2010, 12:01:38 PM
Quote from: Vee Dub on November 22, 2010, 11:36:24 PM

Must be somewhat if you do it perfect.
Krypt you always tell people to get better English.

Kryptonite

No, only if I can't understand them.

weed

Sad Panda

Latin is a dead language isn't it? It's still quoted, but it's a dead language. Have you seen the episode of Futurama where the Dr. has a machine that translates any word that is said, but only a language that's been dead for hundreds of years. Then Fry says hello, and it reponds the 'bonjour'. It's like that.