News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Re-introduce barrow gloves and berserker rings

Started by Kryptonite, September 11, 2014, 05:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryptonite

So barrows gloves and berserker rings are essentials to melee PKing, but there is no way to actually obtain them aside from other players. I think it'd be cool if there was just some sort of hard monster that drops these items once in a while. Also, maybe reset all of them so people would actually kill said monster.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Krest I V

Why would we reset them? If there's a monster I'm almost certainly going to kill it and it's not like I just found the stuff I already have - I had to buy it all or PK them off of other people.

Kryptonite

To make the game more fun plus the items aren't super valuable so it wouldn't be too bad.

weed

Jake

Deleting items wouldn't make the game "more fun", it'd piss a lot of people off. Imagine when someone like Oscar logs in to see his stack of gloves and ring gone. Plus it doesn't matter how valuable the items are, it's the fact that we had to obtain them in the past someway and they're just taken away from us and we need to obtain them again.

I like the suggestion of adding them into the game but I don't support deleting the existing items.

P.S: Gloves would probably be a bit more valuable now considering all the people that had 100k's of them don't log on  :o

Krest I V

But I've got like 60 of each and I'd like to keep quite a few of them in my bank in case I die unexpectedly or PKing comes back and I inevitably suck at it really bad. I shouldn't lose all of mine just so that you guys can gain them. No real reason to get rid of the ones already in the game. I don't mind the option to get more, but why make an option to get them... but only if we delete all the ones we already have?

wolf

Chaos elemental drops rings, but they are at the back of wildy and you cannot teleport out of there.

Maybe move them somewhere players can tele to and from and add barrows glove drop?

Jake

Quote from: wolf on September 11, 2014, 10:28:45 PM
Chaos elemental drops rings, but they are at the back of wildy and you cannot teleport out of there.

Maybe move them somewhere players can tele to and from and add barrows glove drop?
They still drop them? Learn something new every day.

I think they should he a tad harder than chaos elementals because they're killable at like level 60.

wolf

Quote from: Jake on September 12, 2014, 12:02:49 AM
Quote from: wolf on September 11, 2014, 10:28:45 PM

They still drop them? Learn something new every day.

I think they should he a tad harder than chaos elementals because they're killable at like level 60.
Just boost them up I would say.

Kryptonite

weed

wolf

Krest I V

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 12, 2014, 01:23:26 AM
Or remove dumb tele wildy rule.

I get the feeling it was one of those things that got added to RR and then automatically to WS.

wolf

Quote from: Krest I V on September 12, 2014, 02:11:43 AM
Quote from: Kryptonite on September 12, 2014, 01:23:26 AM
Or remove dumb tele wildy rule.

I get the feeling it was one of those things that got added to RR and then automatically to WS.
More than likely.

Binary

Quote from: Jake on September 11, 2014, 07:52:52 PM
Deleting items wouldn't make the game "more fun", it'd piss a lot of people off. Imagine when someone like Oscar logs in to see his stack of gloves and ring gone. Plus it doesn't matter how valuable the items are, it's the fact that we had to obtain them in the past someway and they're just taken away from us and we need to obtain them again.

I like the suggestion of adding them into the game but I don't support deleting the existing items.

P.S: Gloves would probably be a bit more valuable now considering all the people that had 100k's of them don't log on  :o

Your argument is just wrong. People bitched when the Eco fix was first introduced 2 years ago because they said they'd get pissed off, but in the long run it made everyone leave. There's currently no challenge to getting items, we need to fix that.
A.K.A. Recoil

Check out my account progress for Jake's iron-man challenge!

Kryptonite

I only hated the eco fix cuz it f*cking reset all of our shit. Idc if there's one that deletes SOME items.

weed

Binary

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 12, 2014, 05:07:19 PM
I only hated the eco fix cuz it f*cking reset all of our shit. Idc if there's one that deletes SOME items.

What are you talking about.. we never had the eco fix. And yeah, it was designed to keep all skilling items originally.
A.K.A. Recoil

Check out my account progress for Jake's iron-man challenge!