News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

MONEY IS WORTH SOMETHING NOW!!!!$$$$$$$

Started by nate, August 01, 2013, 10:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like this?

yes
3 (42.9%)
no
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

nate

so basically, ws has always had a bad economy, mainly because of dupers, but I have a way to make money worth something now.

step 1 - add a shop in lumby that only buys skilling items (i.e. logs, rune ess, ores, etc).

step 2 - remove the ability to sell items to any shop ingame for money

step 3 - remove all money in game

step 4 - let people gain resources that have not been duped and sell to the shop = money

this completely works around the idea of an economy reset, and it gives some incentive to skill! And since ores are harder to mine than rune ess, you would need to make their price levels for when you sell them to the shop according to time taken to gain.

thank you very much, have at it everyone. Ideas?

This is / isn't a serious post

gomes97

you need no money
and why we should have money worth anything?
you trade now stuff for stuff nothing wrong with it i think.
And why add an shop?
buy from other people there are an few skillers
essence and stuff like that worth anything for some people who skill
only not money way

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

nate

My answer to everything you just said is convenience

Dug

Nate, I don't support the idea of purchasing items that are required for skilling through gold coins honestly.
Firstly, this would also require a cash reset which many would oppose leaving a deadlock. Secondly, despite gold being what it should be, an item used to purchase stuff, it's a very unbalanced item in-game.
Lastly, I might be completely blind, although what I see going on is a lack of trade due to many factors that have to be handled first.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

nate

Quote from: Dug on August 01, 2013, 12:37:10 PM
Nate, I don't support the idea of purchasing items that are required for skilling through gold coins honestly.
Firstly, this would also require a cash reset which many would oppose leaving a deadlock. Secondly, despite gold being what it should be, an item used to purchase stuff, it's a very unbalanced item in-game.
Lastly, I might be completely blind, although what I see going on is a lack of trade due to many factors that have to be handled first.

You could also trade people for the items, this way just makes another medium of trade. Also i do not understand why you care about a cash reset? No one does anything with cash to begin with, and it would just open up a use for it. There is no way to keep everyone happy and fix the economy completely. it will never happen unless everyone is ok with a complete game reset. What you do not understand is that with the addition of a cash currency in the game, people will finally have an idea about how much items are worth, and which rares are worth more. There will finally be some kind of stability to trade. But I totally understand if you want to keep your max cash that does nothing.

Jake

Quote from: nate on August 01, 2013, 12:49:18 PM
You could also trade people for the items, this way just makes another medium of trade. Also i do not understand why you care about a cash reset? No one does anything with cash to begin with, and it would just open up a use for it. There is no way to keep everyone happy and fix the economy completely. it will never happen unless everyone is ok with a complete game reset. What you do not understand is that with the addition of a cash currency in the game, people will finally have an idea about how much items are worth, and which rares are worth more. There will finally be some kind of stability to trade. But I totally understand if you want to keep your max cash that does nothing.
Delete all the cash in the game -> sell the 2.1b amount dharoks we all have.

Either way money will be worthless, It'd turn into another currency for rared. That's it. You'd never see anyone going around saying "100k for Dharoks?" or any item like that.

nate

Quote from: nate on August 01, 2013, 10:39:57 AM
step 2 - remove the ability to sell items to any shop ingame for money

why you no read jake?

Krest I V

Quote from: Jake on August 02, 2013, 09:09:58 PM
You'd never see anyone going around saying "100k for Dharoks?" or any item like that.

That doesn't nullify that point of his post. It would only be used for rares which isn't how an economy works. It's supposed to be used for everything.

nate

Quote from: Krest I V on August 02, 2013, 10:30:02 PM
Quote from: Jake on August 02, 2013, 09:09:58 PM
You'd never see anyone going around saying "100k for Dharoks?" or any item like that.

That doesn't nullify that point of his post. It would only be used for rares which isn't how an economy works. It's supposed to be used for everything.

thanks krest. finally a supporter... you would think more people would want a better economy at no expense to themselves.

Jake

How could it be used for anything else other than rares? Practically every item, excluding the ones recently added, has been duped. Either way, money reset or not, the economy is wrecked. The only thing that could be strengthened in this could be the rare side, which isn't the economy. It's a small part.

Krest I V

Oh, you took that as me supporting it? Sorry, but that isn't the case. I think that if there were normal amounts of things like Dh gear, whips, pumpkins, etc. then this would be a good idea because it could be used to buy normal things like that, but since it would only be used on rares (and not very much either) then it becomes almost pointless.

nate

alright so tell me whats the harm in resetting money? please save yourself from looking like an idiot and read my first post fully.

Krest I V

There's no harm in it, but there's no point in it either.

Jake

It'd be the most useless update/change. There's no advantages, something could be worked on that could actually be useful with the time it would take to make all this possible.

nate

it harms nothing, and it would at least give an optional trade route. And as for the time consumed making this? little to none. its removing an item from the game, and adding a shop, and making shops not able to buy stuff. idk if you have ever coded before, but its not a big deal. plus, i dont know why either of you are making a big deal of it. jake afks when hes on and I have never ever seen krest online. I might be mistaken if you have a different account though.