News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

MONEY IS WORTH SOMETHING NOW!!!!$$$$$$$

Started by nate, August 01, 2013, 10:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like this?

yes
3 (42.9%)
no
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Kryptonite

I still think letting people spawn items is the best solution.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Krest I V

Spawning max cash is only slightly faster than earning it through this method would be.

Kryptonite

No but this way you can spawn everything then no one can control prices :)

weed

nate

Quote from: Krest I V on August 03, 2013, 02:57:26 PM
Spawning max cash is only slightly faster than earning it through this method would be.

Krest, you should read all the posts before you post. For the time being, the only valid arguments have been between me and jake. Even krypt's posts can be debated more involved than yours. so please, don't post unless you have an original idea, or actually know what you are talking about.

This is / isn't a serious post

Kryptonite

I have a better idea than being able to spawn items:
delete all items from game and any method of obtaining any items whatsoever. The game will have no items at all, so there's no way anyone can control prices of items because there won't be any! Because with spawning items, people might not know the name/id of the item and then they can control the price of the name or id in exchange for other item names/id's. But this way, there is absolutely no controlling prices.

weed

Krest I V

Quote from: nate on August 03, 2013, 11:14:11 PM
Krest, you should read all the posts before you post. For the time being, the only valid arguments have been between me and jake. Even krypt's posts can be debated more involved than yours. so please, don't post unless you have an original idea, or actually know what you are talking about.

Not only have I read them all, but unlike you I can actually comprehend what they say. Kane has been making a joke out of this topic, because this is a joke, and I've actually given real input. Jake and I can only repeat ourselves so many times before it becomes irritating to respond to you making the same remark over and over again. Not sure how many people have to say it or how many times they have to say it, but I'll put it in bold for you. This idea isn't beneficial to the community and it would be pointless to add it into the game. Now that's not to say I haven't made a terrible suggestion on here a dozen times, but when people tell me it's not a good suggestion I listen to what they have to say and don't fight to have an update added to the game that no one would like.

nate

I usually take criticism fairly well, but not when it is from incompetent wannabes.

And as for comprehending posts, lets see all the fails.

1)
Quote from: nate on August 03, 2013, 12:42:34 PM
As for the huge influx, who says the shop that people sell to has to give back alot of money? It could be like 10gp for each pure ess, or 50gp for each coal. try getting 10m that way. it will take a large amount of time for anything to change in price.

Quote from: Krest I V on August 03, 2013, 02:57:26 PM

2)
Quote from: nate on August 01, 2013, 12:49:18 PM
You could also trade people for the items, this way just makes another medium of trade. Also i do not understand why you care about a cash reset? No one does anything with cash to begin with, and it would just open up a use for it.

Quote from: Krest I V on August 03, 2013, 01:02:45 AM
Just because it doesn't harm anything doesn't mean it benefits us either. In other words, there's a very real possibility that it could not change the gameplay at all because of how little it would alter our messed up economy. You can't change an economy from being run on rares to being run on GP.

3)
Quote from: nate on August 02, 2013, 10:28:24 PM
step 2 - remove the ability to sell items to any shop ingame for money

Quote from: Jake on August 02, 2013, 09:09:58 PM
Delete all the cash in the game -> sell the 2.1b amount dharoks we all have.

Either way money will be worthless, It'd turn into another currency for rared. That's it. You'd never see anyone going around saying "100k for Dharoks?" or any item like that.

Alright, so i know the 3rd one wasn't you, but it shows that people don't read. I think Jake has backed out of this conversation wisely because he knows he has made his point, that we had a good debate, and that we are both stubborn people. You on the other hand decided to stay to not only continue to argue your opposing viewpoints, but you also decided to stay and change this to a debate on speculation and integrity.

So considering your last post was a blanket statement, my rebuttal will be according. You are wrong, the economy could use another alternate form of trade. "pointless" would mean that no one would use it, which would be terribly wrong. If this were implemented I guarantee  people would use it, and eventually everyone once the cash flow settled.

As a word of advice from an older player to another, in the future, don't argue an update for a game you do not even play. You only post on the forums and apparently through the lack of reading done on your part according to this post of mine, you are not even good at that.

Thank you, someone please lock this, the original debate is done and over, this is now "pointless" peer speculation.

This is / isn't a serious post

Jake

Nate, Krest I V is probably the most active player here on Worldscape. Just to clear all your accusations, he is actually Sad Panda (Ranked 4th overall) As a friendly suggestion i'd recommend getting your facts straight before making assumptions like that otherwise it will just blow back in your face and make you look silly. He's been around longer than you also and if he had added all his posts up, from his other accounts and what not, he'd have well over 20,000+ posts. Not as if that's relevant.

Also, for future reference, if you make a suggestion don't act as sourly as you did towards other people who are voicing their own opinion. They have every right to do so, within reason of course. Your negative attitude ever since you've come back isn't getting you anywhere and i'm 100% if it continues you'll most likely end up somewhere that you do not want to be. So i'd quit while you're ahead.

Locked by request.