News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Child Labor

Started by Recoil, May 22, 2012, 07:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recoil

By discovery I mean discovering our own Earth and the universe around us. Neil deGrasse Tyson, a famous scientist and Astrophysicist, once said that "If aliens are advanced enough to come to us before we get to them, we should be worried." Why? Think of the past. When's the last time one civilization "visited" a weaker civilization? In history it has almost always turned out in war, or rather a massacre of the weaker place. So, if aliens come to us first, they are obviously extremely more advanced than us because they can travel much farther. Yes, it would be something to say that you were the first to shake the aliens hand (or whatever the alien has instead of a hand, lol) but it would be extremely dangerous on that encounter. Also we have to consider other things like how they operate; they may not even "communicate" with one another. You have to realize, things are probably completely different.. That means life probably isn't coded by DNA for aliens, they may not even eat to survive, they may even live forever; laws of physics do not apply for things we haven't discovered yet. Case in point, each galaxy and each planet is unique to itself, they all have different laws on the way things work and are completely different than the Milky Way galaxy and our solar system.

It's all completely a mystery.. How big the universe is, what is contained in it, and how everything works.. That is why I think the purpose of life is to find the purpose of life itself. People have been asking that question for years, but listen: The purpose is to find the purpose! So to everyone that "doesn't give a f*ck" about the discovery of the universe, wake the f*ck up, because we're not just going to put it off and let the next generation do it for us, because the longer we put it off the more time we give aliens to advance. Not like it'd be horrible to have them visit, just risky.

And yes, there are aliens, as you may have seen from my signature (and an Astronomer himself said it):

"Saying that aliens don't exist is like taking a glass of water, dipping it in the ocean, then concluding that whales don't exist." ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson

So that's why I think we're here. To find out more about everything because as of now we know only 4% of everything. That's 96% we do not know. We may consider one of us to be "intelligent" by our standards, but our standards are absolutely nothing compared to life's standards.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Sean

@Reply #58

I do understand where you are going and it does make total sense.

Though with change comes mental change, we should be able to be break out of our current mental conditioning of monetary excellence.

Recoil

Quote from: Sean on May 29, 2012, 03:56:03 PM
Though with change comes mental change
This is the most important thing to me, with the right mindset anything can be done. People are either not confident enough or don't care.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.