News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

Forum Moderators; who they are and what is their role?

Started by Jeremy, January 27, 2009, 02:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy

Forum Moderators; who they are and what is their role?

Who are Forum Mods?

• N/A
  • Bill
  • TriniBoy

Process used to find Forum Moderators:

When new Forum Moderator's are needed I usually go through a process in finding an eligible cadidate. It's very important that a Forum Mods reputation is clean. When I usually go about finding new Forum Mods i'll sift through the forum and find users who post on-topic, and who use the forum Report Abuse feature to help us in finding rule breakers.

Forum Moderator tools:

Forum Moderator's have a huge responsibility. They can use the Admin Control Panel, and the Mod Control Panel. Within the Admin Control Panel Forum Moderator's have the ability to ban users unlimitidly, send warnings, send mass messages, and review all of a users posts. Within the Mod Control Panel Forum Moderator's have tools that assist them in reviewing Forum Reports. Forum Moderator's have the ability to edit, remove, delete, lock, or sticky any threads or posts and delete any polls if necessary. Forum Moderator's are trusted completely.

Criteria for Forum Moderator recruits:

Their is no 100% criteria to become a Forum Moderator. I usually look at amount of posts, online time, Forum Reports, grammar, maturity, and the personality of the user through their posts. It's important that Forum Moderator's are mature, and respectful to everyone. Forum Mod's are vital to keeping this website running properly and without them it'd be almost impossible.

If you have any questions feel free to post here.
I'm bad enough to commit suicide and survive long enough to kill my soul after I'm dead.
-Picture removed-

mumups

How many forum mods are you looking for?
(Please don't think i am being a nuisance abut this topic because I have said two things about this topic and no-one else has!)
Thanks for the respect people! Glad to be a part of all go free!

Voltimolt

mumups

To voltimolt,
I am sure Jeremy knew what he was doing when he made BigDogg a forum moderator. So just have faith!

Jeremy

Quote from: mumups on January 29, 2009, 03:24:12 PM
How many forum mods are you looking for?
(Please don't think i am being a nuisance abut this topic because I have said two things about this topic and no-one else has!)

I am looking for 2-3 more Forum Moderator's at the time. :)

Quote from: Voltimolt on January 29, 2009, 11:42:28 PM
why is BigDogg a forum moderator?
He hacked Worldscape forum. He had 36k reputation.

Since rep is turned into Respect, he could hack that because the tool you used to make rep is how you do the respect.

Voltimolt

BigDogg did not 'hack'. It was a glitch in the system after he was Modded but it's now fixed.
I'm bad enough to commit suicide and survive long enough to kill my soul after I'm dead.
-Picture removed-

Triniboy

The contents of this message has been hidden.

Jeremy

Do not post off-topic. This thread is not a discussion about BigDogg420, or his 'attitude'; this thread is a tool for you to ask questions about Forum Moderator's so I can answer them. Anymore posts relating to any Forum Mod, or Moderator; or any posts off-topic will be deleted and your account will be suspended.
-Picture removed-

Nerotech

Thanks for the info Jeremy, hopefully you find somebody fit for the job  ;D

God Paul

-DarkTaco- i hate cancer

darkrunit

hey jeremy im new to ws and whated to say good job on it if you looking for a mob im a ex mob for rs and i use to host on pogo.com

mumups

Since you may be a bit new to worldscape I will tell you a rule about moderators: never ask to be one!

Triniboy

Does being a fourm Mod also make your Worldscape classic account a Mod?

Con1887

Quote from: Triniboy64 on February 01, 2009, 08:55:40 AM
Does being a fourm Mod also make your Worldscape classic account a Mod?

No, forum moderators have no power or rights in-game, only on the forums.

Take a look at this topic for more detialed information: http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,42.0.html

Chaoslancex

so jeremy have you found any candidates? i would like to know if you have.

Jeremy

Yes, Chris Bud was modded yesterday. 2/3/09. To be perfectly honest Chaos, I would love to make you a Mod but you need to work on your grammar. You should offer more insights when people need help, and use constructive criticism. I will be watching you. :)
-Picture removed-