News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Minigame: ~Plague Z~

Started by X, January 12, 2011, 05:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

Okay, this may be a long post, but I want to make this suggestion nice, long, and very detailed so you players can get a good idea of this idea and possibly support it if you like it.

-Minigame Name: ~Plague Z~

-Minigame Type: Safe. (No items lost)

-Suggestion: You hear mysterious noises coming from down in the Wilderness, you search and search trying to find where the strange noise is coming from. And all of a sudden, something grabs you from behind! You fight for your life, trying to get free, and then, everything goes black.

2 Days Later...

You heard about the weird disappearing, you now know that the sickness is called "Plague Z", and you and some friends you know, gear up, and get ready for the fight for your life against one of the most, horrific, terrifying, deadliest fight of your life. Zombies.

You head down into the wilderness, and all of a sudden, you are surrounded, by a swarm of Zombies, trying to come eat you insides. You bring your own materials, as long as some you find along the way from other dead brave people trying to stop this terrifying event. You also notice that each set of Zombie hoards you fend off, more and MORE Zombies come towards you, and the rest of the people remaining. You hope for the best.

This minigame is another one of those amazing games to play on WorldScape Blitz, like Camp. The minigame will be located in a different region in the wilderness (Like camp, so you can't fight in there) & there will be endless levels, each level will be progress with more zombies, and stronger, long lasting zombies. So if you plan on staying a while, you might want to get prepared... forever, until your death...

Once all the players on your team have been killed, the game will end. And you will get your share of the reward for how well you've done in the fight. So, let's say you die at the beginning of Level 2. You will get 1 GP. If you die at the end of level 20, you will get even more GP.

If you get killed, you will re-spawn in the Lobby where you can watch your teammates fight the hoard of Zombies. Or, you can choose to leave back in the waiting room, to start another game, or to just head back to Lumbridge and do other things.

There will a LIMITED supply of food, and potions to help you through your fight against the Zombies. You MUST bring your own Weapons, Runes and Arrows. None will be supplied in the Minigame.

-Rewards: At the end of each game, you will get a special set of tokens based on how well you did in the fight that you earn at the end of the game to spend on how you want to. Rewards include:
-Zombie Clothing
-GP
-XP
-Special weapons & amours that give you special Advantages ONLY in the Plague Z Minigame
-Herbs & Seeds
-Food that gives you advantages ONLY in the Plague Z Minigame
-Runes (Maybe)
-Arrows (Maybe)

Give me your ideas on improvements on to this Minigame to make it a big success!

~X/Alex

Sad Panda

Well I think it's pretty good. How is it a safe game (intro) but you can pick up the items of dead members (third paragraph of the suggestion, fourth of the topic)?

X

What do you mean? Your mean teammates?

Dug

He meant picking items from warriors that died there e.g "npc warriors" like a rune longsword from "hero".
I like it thou it is related to everyones idea on a zombie mini game :P
IMPROVEMENT:
1) How about instead of single weapons that you can buy with the special reward tokens... what if we had parts like a godsword separated and the reward is random like that of barrows, there tradable in worldscape but not able to be used outside of the mini game like you implemented.
2) What if we had some "garlic" which when used on a zombie lowers it's defence(this could become useful in the higher levels)
3) Related to the garlic there is one item that each player in the game can use obviously known as a "stake", it could be coded to lower a zombies hp to half or could just kill the zombie instantly.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

X

Garlic would lower Vampire's power :P Not Zombies but I like your idea.

ratman3

Quote from: dug on January 12, 2011, 11:43:38 PM
1) How about instead of single weapons that you can buy with the special reward tokens... what if we had parts like a godsword separated and the reward is random like that of barrows, there tradable in worldscape but not able to be used outside of the mini game like you implemented.

Just wondering, you could buy an item for like 70 of these reward tokens, but it's a raffle.

Just an idea:

If a Bandos Godsword costs 6.000 tokens in the shop, and there was a 1% chance of getting it from the raffle, then it could be easier to get with the raffle, but cost more in the long run.

However, the problem with this is that some noob might get a bgs for like 70 tokens, after like a few games, instead of spending alot of money to buy all 6.000 tokens for the Bandos Godsword.
Quote from: Sad Panda on March 08, 2011, 04:51:09 PM
No matter how wrong I am I, as a troll, am always right.

Dug

Quote from: X on January 13, 2011, 08:23:35 AM
Garlic would lower Vampire's power :P Not Zombies but I like your idea.
Then how about a silver nitrate weapon poison that has a time limit before it dry's on you're weapon or it can be used throughout the game..
Quote from: ratman3 on January 13, 2011, 04:38:50 PM
Just wondering, you could buy an item for like 70 of these reward tokens, but it's a raffle.
Just an idea:
If a Bandos Godsword costs 6.000 tokens in the shop, and there was a 1% chance of getting it from the raffle, then it could be easier to get with the raffle, but cost more in the long run.
However, the problem with this is that some noob might get a bgs for like 70 tokens, after like a few games, instead of spending alot of money to buy all 6.000 tokens for the Bandos Godsword.
True but it's all related to chance plus these types of "noobs" would feel happy, wouldn't we want them like that :)...
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.

Sad Panda

Ratman, do you mean 6 or 6,000? Because what you're saying makes no f*cking sense. Dug, Ryan doesn't make custom items such as this nitrate yada yada you're talking about.

Dug

aww well.. any bright ideas nick?

gomes97

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

Dug

Maybe this would be better in classic? But honestly i'm sure Blitz is the main thing to be focused on.

Drunk Mario

Good idea.

So it would be like fight pits, but with zombies? I like it, but with NO custom items it wouldn't be the same. We could have like a DDP(P++) or one of the dragon daggers be a special weapon that would hit higher..etc. It would only be available through the minigame. My thinking is then, when you tele to the location there would be an area, a waiting area, and then the fighting area. where the direct tele is, there could be an Npc that sells the items for the special tokens and that would be the "trade option" and if you talked to it, it could "rent" you one of these weapons for a certain price.. like, let's say.. 10k. And you will be able to use it as many times as you like in the game until you tele/ log out for more than 5 minutes? (<-- just because of lagging problems that would occur)

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

X

Yeah, except Fight pits you mostly fight players other then monsters. This minigame, Zombies :D