News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

WorldScape Blitz: Idea for changing your password

Started by X, June 23, 2010, 02:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

In the new release of Blitz that is bound to come out less then 1 month, (IT SHOULD BE##) my idea is to
have a forum activated kind of thing where you must give, your current password, a set of recovery
questions (optional?), email (also optional?) username and your new password.

Now, I think this would be alot more safe then just using the ::password command, because the forum
password changer would force you to give information out that only YOU should know, and not ANYONE else.

LIKE MY IDEA NOOBS :-)

Drunk Mario

Yes, i like that idea.. It will prevent ::pass (random thing here) scamming in-game for the most part. I would suggest that you need an email verification and it's not optional. This will prevent people like Nick from making a million accounts with stupid names. Also you could set it up similar to How runescape set their password changing system:
Your current password: *******
Your new password: ******
Retype Password: ******
(button) Change your password

I think that would be a good change for Worldscape and make the AllGoFree staff's job easier.

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

X

Coleshot1

Needs to have
New password:
Retype new password:
No matter what. I can't even say how many people mess up their passwords on accident every few days, then ask me/mods/admins/jeremy/ry to get their "hacked" account back.
But yeah, I agree that'd work better than ::pass in a few ways. No scamming(mostly), no messing up your password by typing it wrong.
(EVEN THOUGH it says
YOUR PASSWORD IS NOW BLAHBLAHBLAH DO NOT FORGET IT
or something 6 times in your chatbox, people still mess it up somehow.)
http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,644.msg3850.html#msg3850
If you don't read this, you may be kicked, muted or banned without warning and not know why. No, really, read.

The video/song in my profile picture. Same video I got my last one from, if you saw that. Watch at least until the part with her glasses. That part's epic. =P

-Completely, undeniably, 100% addicted to Touhou and loving it-
Without the internet, Touhou or my thoughts, I have very little a life.

It's really sad that only about 2 of the 115+ characters of Touhou is a guy(Humans in the 'Human Village' don't count. =O), and Touhou is still more manly than "those war games".
That, and Touhou is harder, more challenging, more extremely painful than any game you've ever played. It's no wonder I don't know the difference between Halo, Call of Duty, World at War and the etcetera.

Bill

It will use your forum password. So when you change your forum password, it will change your password in game, I'm assuming.

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

Con1887

Quote from: Bill on June 23, 2010, 06:28:18 PM
It will use your forum password. So when you change your forum password, it will change your password in game, I'm assuming.

Yes and if so, you can use the existing forum password recovery system to change your password.