News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Gauntlet - Setting up.

Started by Insomnom, March 29, 2011, 08:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insomnom

So. I've this idea for an event.
Everyone who participates would run a gauntlet of sorts.
There would be four to five rounds of mini-events. Each time an event is over some participants would be knocked out of the event.
You can still play the next rounds, but you would not be counted in placement (IE. If you got knocked out during the first round and came in first place during the second round, the second place person would actually be first place because you don't count. =P).

The ideas for the rounds I have so far are as follows..

Round one: Basic Hide and Seek.
--Depending on the amount of participants, a percentage of the last people to find me would be disqualified.
Any users who announce my location to other users would be disqualified, as well as the users who were notified. This includes any alerts via PM. I'll be watching. =P

Round two: WorldScape and Basic trivia.
--Depending on the amount of participants still qualified, a percentage of the FIRST people to answer my questions correctly will qualify for the next round. The rest will be knocked off. This goes for all questions I ask as a collective. Not individually. =)

Round three: Camp
--Everyone who participates in this will have to post a screenshot of the message they receive after the camp event showing their kills/cash on the new event topic (or this one, depending. Not sure yet.) They will be allowed twenty minutes to do so and instructions will be given to all of those who are unsure how to post a screenshot.
Important note: There will be a keyword that I will say in chat when everyone must take their screenshots- I will say this multiple times so no one misses out. This is to ensure the screenshot was taken during the event. I will announce the keyword later. Any who post their screenshots without this keyword will be disqualified.

Round four(a): If at this point we still have more than two participants, we will have another round of Hide and Seek and/or more events, until only two participants are left.
Round four (b): If at this point we have only two participants left, assuming their combat level is relatively close to each other, they will have a fight to the death in a designated location away from others (to prevent anyone from messing the fight up.)*

*If the combat level difference of the two players is too far apart for the fight to be fair, then I have a secret event in mind to settle the winner. This will not be announced unless this happens, and only at that point in time.

If at any time there are not enough participants to continue with all the rounds, we will move straight to round four and a winner will be announced.
This event WILL take some time, so when you sign up, be sure you have enough time to participate fully, unless you just want to have fun. =)

So your thinking to yourself..
QuoteJaz. That sounds AWESOME. But what do I get out of it?
At this point in time I am looking for one person to donate ONE TO THREE rares, out of the kindness of their hearts.
These will be given to the top three players (or less, depending on the number donated).
I wouldn't ask of you this, but as you well know I can not trade or otherwise dish out items.
Anyone who wishes to donate can post here, or PM me if you wish to remain anonymous.
If we do not receive a donation, I'll figure something out. Promise. =)

QuoteSo everyone else gets nothing?
No! Everyone who participates will be sent a PM with the coordinates to a secret location, where I will have an after-the-event-shades-event for awhile. =)

For now- I want your ideas.
Anything to improve this event.
Any questions and such.
If there's enough of a positive response, I will set up a sign-up sheet today and announce the date and time of the event (probably tomorrow as I'll be off work and have plenty of time to host it) OR Sunday, to give more people the chance to sign up. =)

ALL the rounds are subject to change, depending on ideas given.
<3 you guys. =d
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Sad Panda

I can't do it Sunday as I am supposed to become regrounded again.

Also, instead of having people donate items, can you ask Jeremy if you would be able to temporarily trade items and spawn one item that the play asks for? Just an idea...

Insomnom

Thanks man. You're the second person to say they would already. You guys are awesome. =D

Jeremy is on hiatus.
Even so, I doubt he'd do that- and if he did he'd have to be around for the event so he would know when to give me that privilege.
In which case he could/would just do it himself instead..

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Drunk Mario

Quote from: Sad Panda on March 29, 2011, 08:31:02 PM
I can't do it Sunday as I am supposed to become regrounded again.

Also, instead of having people donate items, can you ask Jeremy if you would be able to temporarily trade items and spawn one item that the play asks for? Just an idea...
lol, not happening...

OMGZIWANNABEINTHIS!

Support. ^.^

(I already told you i will donate rares) 8)

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Genuine

I'll Donate some Rares, Items ect. Whatever.

Kevin

I'll throw my thinking cap on.

M I K E

Nice, and Jazmen i would like to donate some rares to there =D

Dug

Don't forget to tell your Worldscape friends about this people :D, Go Jazmen!
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

dieknowsawr

Quote from: Program on March 29, 2011, 08:26:18 PM
That sounds really awesome. ;)
I'll look in my bank and see if there's some rares I can donate.

I second this ::) .