News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Umm... haven't thought of a name yet.

Started by Volcanic Me, December 07, 2008, 03:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volcanic Me

Note: This is a rough draft, I'll edit it later.

Prologue.

"Alaric! Slow down," I pleaded, panting from exhaustion. "We still have a day to finish our assignment, John won't 
be too happy if WE end up dying instead of our target."
   "Ellie, you don't even have to do this, I could kill him, you'll still get the credit as long as our target 
dies. So turn back and shut up, you're annoying the Hell out of me," said Alaric, not breaking pace as he voiced 
the harsh words.
   "But... but Alaric..." I cried as my voice broke with sadness. I slowed to a stop. Alaric, not even looking 
back, kept sprinting down the dark, damp, forest path. Looking around, I noticed a large, flat rock underneath of a 
great, leafy Oak tree that looked relatively dry, sat down on it, and cried. "How could he do that to me? Yes, 
he'll come back for me, but still! How could he be so mean? I love him! How can he be so mean?" I sat there and 
cried for a few hours until I noticed a ruffle in the leafy canopy above me. "Alaric?" I cried out, even though I 
knew he wouldn't be back for many hours still. From behind me, I heard the "whoosh" of a projectile. Assuming that 
I was under attack, I did a backflip off of the rock. Glancing around frantically, my world spinning before it came 
to an abrupt stop, I heard the tell-tale clang of metal on rock. I then noticed two figures cloaked in the shadows 
of the trees rushing toward me. One of the figures leaped into the air. Acting on impulse, I reached into my right 
sleeve, and in one fluid motion, unsheathed and a launched a knife slightly above where the figure was, hoping 
they'd collide. Mystified, I watched my blade pass right through the figure before it dissipated. "damn! An 
illusion?! How the Hell did that happen?" I muttered under my breath. While looking for my attacker, I noticed a 
shine coming from a puddle a few feet away from me. Acting out of instinct honed by years of training, I ducked as 
the second blade, hungry for my flesh, soared over my head. A second later, pain erupted from the right side of my head.
Staggering from the blow, I withdrew a dagger from my left sleeve while checking the area around me, 
waiting for my assailant. I heard the "shink" of a blade sliding from a sheath, panicking, I turned in circles, waiting for the assault to continue. A rustle - I spin the direction of the noise. Nothing. The clatter of footsteps on rock. I spin in the direction of the noise. Nothing.
"damn it! Stop playing games with me! Come out and fight!" I screamed in frustration.
"Haha, but child, the mind games are half the battle-" the voice hastily finished as my knife flew in the direction I heard it come from.
"Now now little Missy, you're awfully aggressive for one so young." The voice chided playfully.
Severely pissed, I unsheathed my my last knife, a long, black blade. I heard the faint sound of a breath in the darkness directly in front of me. Looking down, I saw a medium-sized rock, acting on impulse, I put my foot under the rock, kicked it up slightly, and caught it on top of my boot. Seeing a shadow-cloaked figure rush at me from the darkness, I kicked the rock as hard as I could into the oncoming figure. It collided with a dull thump and startled cry of pain. Taking the initiative, I charged the figure, skillfully swinging my knife in different patterns, easily breaking my assailant's defences. I pulled my arm back and let my fist fly. Feeling my opponent's face give in under my fist, I pulled back. I heard a thump as the figure fell to the forest's floor.
"Now that I've won, what do you want?!?! I've done nothing to bother you!" I cried out, frustrated.
"You'll never get anywhere speaking to people like that." The figure said before sliding its blade into its own throat.
"No!!!! Stop that! Answer me! I want answers!"
"Dead men don't answer questions..." The figure choked out over the blood in its throat.
==================================================================================================================

Chapter One.

"damn it Alaric, it's been two months since I've seen you, where the Hell are you?!?!" I yelled while hit the punching bag. Right, let me recap a bit, it's been two months since that one fateful night, the night I last saw Alaric and the night I fought the figure. I decided to go back to HQ to inform John that the mission was incomplete and Alaric MIA. John was furious. "What the f*ck Ellie? I hired you knowing you were one of my best operatives, and you fail? You also managed to lose Alaric, what the Hell were you thinking not following him? John yelled at me, eyes bloodshot. John wasn't a small man, he was pretty intimidating to be honest.
"Umm, sir, I'm not entirely sure, sir."
"And why the Hell not?"
"Umm... well... Alaric said a few things to me... made me sad..."
"Oh? Is that all? I'm sorry, let me get you a few cookies, maybe a teddy bear? How about this, GET THE f*ck OUT OF MY OFFICE!" John spouted, hardly keeping his anger in check.

Right, as I said, John wasn't too happy. Well, he got over it when my target contacted John telling him that he had Alaric in his custody. The problem is... we don't exactly know where that is, or how Alaric even got there. So now I'm training... that fight still spooks me. That guy was so fast... and how did he make that illusion? I just need to work on my reflexes I think, so I'm using HQ's facilities. Oh, HQ is this under-ground, high-tech fortress in the hilly regions of Ohio. No one but the employees and other assassins knows where it's at. Uggh, this is so nerve-wracking, not knowing where Alaric is. Anyways... how did he even get captured? He's like the best operative. Oh, my target, yes, him. My target is, well, was living a double life. He was a regular basketball dad, and he also was a terrorist who sent arms to the Middle East. Great combo, right? Well, when he found out he was targeted by Gladius, we still don't know how he found out, he sent one of his guards to incapacitate me and capture Alaric. Well, the guard failed, apparently. But Alaric still got captured... Well, when his guard died, he staged an attack on his home, killing his wife and two boys. He set a timed bomb in his basement, right next his furnace, made it look like the furnace overheated. Twenty minutes later, boom, no home, no survivors, the perfect cover-up. Two days after his "death", he called HQ. Seriously, what the Hell? You don't call HQ. Well, I got to eavesdrop on the call...

"Well hello John, surprised to hear from me?"
I heard John spit out whatever he was drinking.
"Holy shit Jack, you're alive?!?" John exclaimed.
"Yes, and I happen to have one of your operatives, Alaric, I believe."
"You've survived an explosion that leveled your home and left no survivors AND captured Alaric?!?!"
"Why yes, I most certainly have, feisty boy, that Alaric, went down kicking and screaming."
"What did you do to him?"
"Well, nothing really, he just didn't seem to like the palm to his solar plexus. Certainly amusing, that one." Jack chuckled.
"Uggh... I presume you'll want something in return for the boy's well-being, correct? John sighed.
"Hahaha, right on the money you are! I do want something, no, make that someone, in return for your boy Alaric."
"Oh? Now who exactly do you want?"
"Why, none other than the little girl who killed my best guard. Ellie, right?"
"Ellie? I can't do that Jack. She's-"
"Enough!" Jack snapped. "If I don't get that murderous wench in three months, this young man dies."
"Noooo! John! Don't do it! I'll find a way to escape! There's no need to-" Alaric's voice stopped suddenly.
"You damn rat, you'll pay for that. Well, John, as I said, three months. Three months or he dies. Choose wisely."

Right... so Alaric dies if John doesn't trade me in. Which John vehemently objects to. So I'm faced with a dilemma. Do I stay here and wonder about how Alaric will be killed? Or do I go out and rescue him myself?

"damn it, where did Ellie go?" John voiced. He walks to his desk.
"Uggh... I need to brief her for her new-" John noticed a box on his desk, curious, he leans over to open it. Inside, there were two things, a Ellie's tracker bracelet, and a folded piece of paper. Puzzled, he unfolds the paper, inside were the words "f*ck you too John. - Ellie".

To be continued...

-Volcanic.

Flame

It's very well written good luck with the book:)

I pooN I

Very nice! Sorry I didn't notice this post before, but it is very well written and impressive.. I would like to see more!

Volcanic Me

Ok, I've updated the story with what I've written so far. Tell me what you think! ;O

Mia

Banjo Hick

that was pretty cool, you should join a travel team for writing =)

cyclops smiley face -) you wish you thought of that

Volcanic Me

Thanks for the feedback guys... but a travel team for writing? O.O
This isn't U-12 soccer. =O

Banjo Hick

im actually on U13 fox valley strikers, but im on b-team this year....

aether

Did you answer his question?!? FAIL lol... can you answer the question plox?
controller thrower - A video game that is so frustrating and difficult that it will make you lose your temper and throw your controller. The result behind thousands of broken controllers, tvs, and game systems.  That is why i play computer games ^.^

Banjo Hick

aether..... were having fun talking about his story.... and i did answer his qurestion, his question was what do you think?  and i said that pretty cool, you should join a travel writing team, which he would make, not you!

aether

he was asking about the travling writers team, and to be honest i don't think there are those  ??? I was joking around with you and your getting all serious
controller thrower - A video game that is so frustrating and difficult that it will make you lose your temper and throw your controller. The result behind thousands of broken controllers, tvs, and game systems.  That is why i play computer games ^.^

Banjo Hick

stop posting here if you have nothing to say about his writingm with which he could get onto a travel team

Volcanic Me

Banjo, complaining about spam makes more spam, and no, you didn't answer my question... wtf do you mean by a travel team for writing? O.O

Banjo Hick

i mean your good at writing! not that hhard to understand i thouhgt

Volcanic Me