News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

Skill reset

Started by M I K E, March 25, 2011, 04:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M I K E

Could there be some npc who you talk to, for resetting stats in game?

Or maybe like there is ::Lock Defence etc, there could be ::Reset Defence?

Insomnom

I'm not against this as all. A lot of people ask to have specific skills reset, for whatever reason.
The command would have to be painfully obvious though, so people can't claim they did it on accident- thinking it was something else. =P
Something like ::removeallexp defence
xD
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Kevin

The only problem that scares me with it, is that what if someone hacks an account on WorldScape and removes all their stats. I know it is a long shot, but it can happen.

I don't think it should be a command, I believe it should be a NPC who you can talk to, and you can either reset the stat back to 1, or choose a level, or amount of xp.

Kryptonite

Another thing, someone could reset their skill and claim that they had 135 or so in it and say they did it by accident to cheat and get fake stats. But I don't think the owners would really do that for people because of that reason.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Sad Panda

I like the idea, but I'm against it due to the reasons given above on why not to do it.

Insomnom

If someone gets "hacked" (See: 'I was stupid and gave away my password') then they probably wouldn't/shouldn't expect to get their account back as-is anyway.

Also, how would talking to an NPC be more difficult than a command, Kevin? o.o

And that's why I was saying it would have to be more obvious/difficult (unable to do with accident).
That's another thing. With the NPCs, what if you click on the wrong link? So I'm more for the command.
Or at least add two confirmations to the NPC chat before doing anything. >>

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Kevin

Quote from: Insomnom on March 25, 2011, 07:55:41 PM
If someone gets "hacked" (See: 'I was stupid and gave away my password') then they probably wouldn't/shouldn't expect to get their account back as-is anyway.

Also, how would talking to an NPC be more difficult than a command, Kevin? o.o

And that's why I was saying it would have to be more obvious/difficult (unable to do with accident).
That's another thing. With the NPCs, what if you click on the wrong link? So I'm more for the command.
Or at least add two confirmations to the NPC chat before doing anything. >>

Because with a command you wouldn't believe how many people would tell someone to type this and they would do it without even thinking, if there was an npc with dialogue and warning they have no reason to say they didn't mean to do it.

Insomnom

THAT makes more sense.
Didn't make any sense with your hacking argument.  ;D

Made by Pride.

Kevin

Quote from: Insomnom on March 25, 2011, 08:00:07 PM

THAT makes more sense.
Didn't make any sense with your hacking argument.  ;D

The "Hacking" thing was more of an add-on to why it shouldn't be added. I am looking at both sides. I believe it SHOULD be added. I like the comfort of knowing if I start a pure and accidentally train a stat I didn't mean to I could easily go back and remove it without any trouble.

Insomnom

No, no. I understand.
I just thought you were linking the latter to the former.
So I was all "..npcwontmakeitharderforaccount-stealertomessupaccount..".

But yeah. I'm for NPC with confirmation (as I said earlier).
I just generally hate talking to NPCs, I guess. xD

Made by Pride.

Kevin

I'm the opposite, I don't like typing commands... Normally because I miss-type them

iguana

I think it is a good idea with the npc and command maybe we should start a poll??
-Jake-

Jake

If you get hacked then someone can just reset all your skills? I'm totally against this.

Kryptonite

How about only 1 skill can be reset every 24 hours?

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Jake

if it were to happen the it would have to have some rule in place.

I honestly think it shouldn't happen, if you have a skill that you leveled and you didn't. Tough.