News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

[NON WS]

Started by Kevin, March 23, 2011, 12:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

It's tech help that I need, which is why I am posting here.

I just recently bought a computer without an operating system installed, I just installed Windows XP Pro. I plugged in my Modem like most people do when they first get a computer to start downloading and stealing stuff off the internet. Well, this computer will not connect to the internet. It does not detect the modem, and whatever I do, I cannot connect to the internet. I can't try Dial Up at this time, but I will when I get a chance. I can put programs on it from another computer if you guys can think of a program that will allow me to connect to the internet. As for now, I will try to get Dial Up working, hopefully I can get it. If not.... Any suggestions?

I have taken it into consideration that the Ethernet port may be broken, I may look into buying one that plugs into the USB.

Jake

Use a different operating system? You might have bought a faulty computer. Is It brand new?

Drunk Mario

I was searching google and found This.

Not sure if any of those will help though.

I'll keep looking around and I could ask my grandpa too. (He's a computer Nerd)

You could also PM Voltimolt about it, He's good with computers, although I'm not sure If he's still active.

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Ry60003333

You need to install the drivers for the ethernet card before the ethernet card will work. :o

Thats how PCs work. 8)

I recommend downloading the drivers on your laptop and using a flash drive to move them to the other computer. Now identifying what kind of ethernet card or motherboard chipset is in the computer to determine what drivers to download is a whole other story...
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Kevin

Quote from: Mute on March 23, 2011, 06:01:25 PM
Adding to what Ry said, go onto the computer's manufacture website.

Eg: When I was re-installing my Dell Dimension 3000, I had to go onto the dell website and download the Graphics, Audio and Ethernet drivers before either of them would work correctly.

I was working on what Ryan suggested, kept telling me I was missing all this crap. So I may have to go to the HP Website and get customer support help. Because it is irritating me.  :-\