News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

"Can i train on you?"

Started by Yoho, March 13, 2011, 09:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoho

No, gtfo.

Just because you gain experience in the wilderness and I have 135hp it doesn't make me a NPC, how about train on the real NPC's.

Drunk Mario

Because it's about 34343439439 times faster.

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Insomnom

Ha.
I can see how that'd get extremely annoying.. but at least they ask first? =P

I had some kid just randomly start attacking me, then complained when I attacked back because apparently.. I was supposed to know he was just training on me.  ::)

Yay for players not being able to attack me anymore. xD
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Android #17

Lol..'Then why the NPC was made??!!? >.<

Yoho

Quote from: Drunk Mario on March 13, 2011, 09:37:22 AM

Maybe so, but if you think about how long it takes you to find someone who will let you train on them, you could of gained a lot of xp in that time.

Android #17

Quote from: Yoho on March 13, 2011, 10:30:47 AM
Quote from: Drunk Mario on March 13, 2011, 09:37:22 AM

Maybe so, but if you think about how long it takes you to find someone who will let you train on them, you could of gained a lot of xp in that time.
Omg how wise..Nice one..Yeah..[/font][/b]

Sad Panda

Not if you know a ton of people. I can usually find someone willing to do it in an few minutes. And it does really speed up training.

Flame

Sad Panda

Because it is a constant source. When you kill an NPC you either have to find a new one or you have to wait for it to respawn. With another player you could train straight for hours on end, as long as you have sufficient food.

Flame

Quote from: Sad Panda on March 13, 2011, 11:40:37 AM
Because it is a constant source. When you kill an NPC you either have to find a new one or you have to wait for it to respawn. With another player you could train straight for hours on end, as long as you have sufficient food.
Oh I thought you got like more xp per hit or something lol. So unless you level somewhere that's really crowded then it isn't really faster

Sad Panda

No, even at shades when I'm by myself I train slower than with another person.

Flame

are you attacking another one right after every kill? I don't see how it can be slower unless you aren't doing that..

Insomnom

The time it takes to select another NPC, run to that NPC and start attacking may seem trivial.
But in the long run, it adds up. Even more so if you have to wait a few seconds for a spawn.
It's like having to stop for five seconds every half a mile you run in a marathon. That'd really hurt your time. =P
Plus, it's just easier. Really appealing to the lazier of the community. lulz.
"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Kryptonite

Why don't people just PK and train the stat they need to train? It might not be faster, but it's just more interesting and fun.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Sad Panda

Quote from: Insomnom on March 13, 2011, 12:26:42 PM
Really appealing to the lazier of the community.

Yes, yes it is. (:

Quote from: Kryptonite on March 13, 2011, 12:42:10 PM
Why don't people just PK and train the stat they need to train? It might not be faster, but it's just more interesting and fun.

Because that would require us to think, and who wants that?