News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Twice as Cold o.o?

Started by Triniboy, March 08, 2011, 11:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triniboy

If today is 0 degrees, And tomorrow is going to be twice as cold as today, What Would be the temperature tomorrow ?

Sad Panda

Well cold is a comparing adjective so I'd like to ask how much warmer was it the day before? It will sink that much more the next day.

Zack

My guesstimate would be at least over -9000.

Francis

I don't know. My suggestion would be is to go to the news channel. D:
Made by Pride
Quote from: Ry60003333 on June 08, 2011, 11:46:55 PM
I LOVE YOU. NO HOMO. 8)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made with photoshop. By ME!

Insomnom

In this "cold" is relative. Because the English language sucks! Yaaaaaaaaaaay.
<3 English.

Anyway-
If you're used to 60 degree weather, then it's 60 degrees colder than normal today.. being that it's 0.
Thus, technically, it'd be 120 degrees colder tomorrow.
But considering it's just what people sayyyy... it doesn't mean anything. ;D

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Oden

0 Degrees, Because There is no number lower then 0. And it can't really go to (Minus) something if there is no number to Minus.

Joker

Quote from: Zack on March 08, 2011, 11:38:46 PM
My guesstimate would be at least over -9000.
IT IS OVER NEGATIVE NINE THOUSAND!
Well...In egypt here..It is hot.....ftw. :)
I think it should be -2 or something.

dieknowsawr

Quote from: Bearblue on March 09, 2011, 03:28:35 AM
0 Degrees, Because There is no number lower then 0. And it can't really go to (Minus) something if there is no number to Minus.

Umm, It can get colder then 0 , it can get into the negatives -10,-20 ect..

Just look at my Temperature here in Canada, in my province:
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fourteenday/caab0253/table

Diva La Viva

Uhrm... the only places that can beat Scandinavia with cold is probably just, Russia, green land? Is it called that way? However, the Antarctica thingy Uhm, let's just say the huge ice land long down in south from here... it's like -30 -25 something like that... it isn't fun to find the car buried under snow...

wouter

freak m4n

Quote from: Triniboy on March 08, 2011, 11:21:40 PM
If today is 0 degrees, And tomorrow is going to be twice as cold as today, What Would be the temperature tomorrow ?

it is your opinion if it's cold. :P
Got the 100'000th post on the forums.

Eon

I think the what you guys are looking for is RIDICULOUSLY cold. It's already way too cold out, I can't imagine it getting any worse, but you know, I've been wrong before.

Sad Panda

Quote from: Sad Panda on March 08, 2011, 11:38:00 PM
Well cold is a comparing adjective so I'd like to ask how much warmer was it the day before? It will sink that much more the next day.

Quote from: Insomnom on March 09, 2011, 02:56:39 AM

<3 English.

Anyway-
If you're used to 60 degree weather, then it's 60 degrees colder than normal today.. being that it's 0.

Jazmen and I are the only ones on here that are right... (:

Triniboy

Quote from: Insomnom on March 09, 2011, 02:56:39 AM

<3 English.

Anyway-

Lets think now. Say if today was 20 degrees, and tomorrow is going to be twice as cold. That would mean 20 x 2 = 40. Twice of 20 is 40. Now subtract it from 20 and you get -20 degrees. So now how would you apply this to 0 degrees?

Sad Panda