News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

"Kanker"

Started by Diva La Viva, March 02, 2011, 01:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diva La Viva

Everyone... who is using the word, "kanker" as a swear or joke... has my disrespect.

"kanker" means cancer... and for a moment ago my mum had breast cancer, it was not a fun moment. The cancer was extremly agressive and it was a miracle she survived according to the doctors... anyway, the word cancer should not be used as a swear, joke. People usually says "f*uck off you kanker.." and dutch people say things like "ik zij ben blah blah kanker" wich means like, shut the f*uck up your cancer mum" <----- that was just a example, it doesn't mean that...
But it pisses me off, and as i said, for me it won't be tolerated and you'll lose my respect the rest of your life.

Wild

I understand this my grandfather died of it a friend of us got it. but we cant stop people saying it :l

Quote from: caponer on March 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM
My goal is to **** at least 50 girls this year,
Drink at least 100 liter beer,
Smoke 10 or more joints,

unknowed

Quote from: Diva La Viva on March 02, 2011, 01:11:16 PM
Everyone... who is using the word, "kanker" as a swear or joke... has my disrespect.

"kanker" means cancer... and for a moment ago my mum had breast cancer, it was not a fun moment. The cancer was extremly agressive and it was a miracle she survived according to the doctors... anyway, the word cancer should not be used as a swear, joke. People usually says "f*uck off you kanker.." and dutch people say things like "ik zij ben blah blah kanker" wich means like, shut the f*uck up your cancer mum" <----- that was just a example, it doesn't mean that...
But it pisses me off, and as i said, for me it won't be tolerated and you'll lose my respect the rest of your life.

My mom had it my grandfather died of it, 4 aunt's had it, And another aunt has it at this moment.

Btw, RESPECT for this topic (and for you).

Emptyness

o yeah btw, â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ to all you nice pop song haters...
stole that from dug, my bad.

Drunk Mario

Quote from: Mute on March 02, 2011, 02:18:17 PM
Absolutely huge muther-assed support.

My grandma had died of Cancer a couple months back.. She was the niceest little lady you'd ever met. :-\

Anyone who says that around me will get a big ass kickin'.

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

gomes97

my sisters teacher and her dance teacher i going to died and my 2 My grandfather went there to die now I no longer a

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

unknowed

Quote from: gomes97 on March 03, 2011, 09:29:06 AM
my sisters teacher and her dance teacher i going to died and my 2 My grandfather went there to die now I no longer a
Translation: My sisters teacher and dance teacher had it or have it. My both grandfathers died of it, So i don't have them anylonger.

Toch?

Emptyness

o yeah btw, â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ to all you nice pop song haters...
stole that from dug, my bad.

Joker

Thanks for translation..And yeah..I hate that disease..But there is someone who is discovering how to recover people from that disease by gold..and yeah he is Egyptian...Anyway..I feel sorry for all of you guys. >.>

dieknowsawr

You have big support from me. My sister and mom died
from Cancer and it's even hard saying this :\. So if
I see anyone who says it, friend or not, your dead! :) .

wouter

Just saying this, So wrong. No offense but just to point things out,
You're translating the dutch words wrong. It doesn't make sense.
As everyone knows Cancer is a bad disease. I feel sorry for anyone who is related to this. Also I disrespect people who swear with it.

Kanker is used in the dutch 'slang' language to make something sound worse.
Just like '(f)uck' in the English language. Only here kanker is chosen because of 2 things;
One, the word, without the meaning, sounds nice and offensive to say/shout.
Two, the word isn't really positive and you can actually really hurt someone with saying it.

I've been trying to watch this people who are offensive in the dutch language.
But there is never been taking action by the staff because there is no, and there is never been, a dutch (or other languaged) moderator.
Swearing in other languages doesn't make any sense to them..

Anyways, Please report any offensive actions in any languages and help worldscape to be clean! :)

Capz.

Jose

I'll be supporting this as well, if i see anyone using any of that language, even if it is in a different language and I find out it was bad, you'll be punished. Sorry to everyone about there losses and I support this 100%. Don't worry, I'll get it covered. ;) Thank you for starting this topic, it's been talked about for a while now In-game. Also, Thank you for the translating I'll keep an eye out for those words and others I've been hearing about. See you guys soon in-game.

wouter

Quote from: Mod Jose on March 09, 2011, 12:40:22 PM
I'll be supporting this as well, if i see anyone using any of that language, even if it is in a different language and I find out it was bad, you'll be punished. Sorry to everyone about there losses and I support this 100%. Don't worry, I'll get it covered. ;) Thank you for starting this topic, it's been talked about for a while now In-game. Also, Thank you for the translating I'll keep an eye out for those words and others I've been hearing about. See you guys soon in-game.

I will support you in anyways to help the server to be clean.
Maybe we should have a meeting with the staff about this.

Diva La Viva

It's not only dutch... some people does also say like "cancer mum" to example... there's lots of more of cancer swears to... witch i'd rather not say.

/Oh, wow... me english studies is stuarting too pai of, nada wrong wen i us the spel chek.  8)

wouter

Quote from: Diva La Viva on March 09, 2011, 01:28:30 PM
It's not only dutch... some people does also say like "cancer mum" to example... there's lots of more of cancer swears to... witch i'd rather not say.

/Oh, wow... me english studies is stuarting too pai of, nada wrong wen i us the spel chek.  8)

Cancer mum doesn't make sense either..

Diva La Viva

Quote from: caponer on March 09, 2011, 01:35:56 PM

I know it doesn't make any sense at all... but all i can understand that "cancer mum" isn't really fun to hear and it may offend people.

wouter

Quote from: Diva La Viva on March 09, 2011, 01:43:19 PM
Quote from: caponer on March 09, 2011, 01:35:56 PM

I know it doesn't make any sense at all... but all i can understand that "cancer mum" isn't really fun to hear and it may offend people.

I agree but I'm just saying it doesn't make sense. It isn't proper grammer. :P