News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Regarding the recent crashes

Started by Ry60003333, February 13, 2011, 01:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry60003333

Many of you have probably noticed that the game and website keep periodically going offline. This is due to computer that is running the MySQL database, which stores all the information for the website and game accounts, keeps randomly freezing and locking up, which requires a manual restart of the physical computer.

We are currently running the database on a 0.9 GHz PowerMac G4 with 1.5 GB of RAM, and it looks like this:

I'm not sure which part of the computer is having issues, it could be the hard drive, the RAM, or the computer itself is just dying. Regardless, it is probably time to upgrade to a better system, so we'll be looking around the internet for either a PowerMac G5, a Mac Pro, or an Intel Mac Mini to do the job.

If you would like to help us out, we have added a donate link on the homepage where you can use PayPal to donate money. Of course, this is completely up to you and is NOT required to play the game.
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Drunk Mario

That's why it was down. ::)

If you need help finding one of those systems, feel free to tell me.. I can probably find a cheaper one than you can find. :o

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Raiden96

id say that a mac mini would do the job fine cause of its low power useage

the reason why i mentioned that was because i read a post about you wanting something with low power useage somewhere

Kevin

Donated $5 to help. Not a lot but a little can go a long ways. If everyone can pitch in and donate a dollar or two Ryan can get the new computer and run the forums/database a lot easier.

Ry60003333

The crashes of both the game and the website, as well as the rollback of the game, are all due to the same issue with the same computer. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We are still trying to purchase a new server.
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.