News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

HP Exp Rate;

Started by I K3 Dubstep, January 03, 2011, 03:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadows

Quote from: I K3 Dubstep on January 06, 2011, 08:56:34 PM
Quote from: Killer Panda on January 06, 2011, 07:49:14 PM
What about the people that got really high Thieving before it got redone and became much harder?

That wasn't an accidental Exp rate change, that was a change Ryan made purposely. It was his decision to edit how Thieving works, I highly doubt he meant to make Hp increase at half the rate.

[goodgamepanda]Very thoughtful argument, Dubstep.[/goodgamepanda]
"Rubes"

Sad Panda

An unfair advantage to earlier players though. It's the same argument you're trying to get across with Alex, and others, that they got it before it changed.

I K3 Dubstep

Quote from: Killer Panda on January 06, 2011, 09:27:43 PM
An unfair advantage to earlier players though. It's the same argument you're trying to get across with Alex, and others, that they got it before it changed.

Sure, it's similar, but it's not the same. Ryan only changed the Thieving skill due to it's lack of, let's say, skill. After 55, you wouldn't get stunned at all. I'm surprised it wasn't fixed earlier, he only made it to seem somewhat like RS. When it comes to the Hp skill(Which is honestly more important) there's only 1 way to train it; Combat. Practically mirroring RS's Exp rate, there was nothing wrong with the skill. Now that it's increasing at half the rate, while the rest of the combat stats are increasing at the same rate, makes it unfair to newer players. Imagine going to Wildy and fighting with someone who has the same stats as you. Only advantage they have is that their Hp level is 20 higher than you. That doesn't seem to fair, does it?
Truth is simple; mankind makes it complicated.

"The worst thing to call somebody is "crazy", it's dismissive. I don't understand this person, so they're crazy. That's bullshit. Cause people are not crazy, they're strong people. Maybe the environment is just a little sick."

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Sad Panda

If they have 20 HP levels over you and you have the same combat then you have considerably better attacking stats. It'd even out.

I K3 Dubstep

That's about 7 on each skill, more than likely less. I'd rather take the 20Hp levels. Regardless of personal preference, this is something that needs to be fixed.

"The worst thing to call somebody is "crazy", it's dismissive. I don't understand this person, so they're crazy. That's bullshit. Cause people are not crazy, they're strong people. Maybe the environment is just a little sick."

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Sad Panda

For all you know it might just be 20 levels on one skill. It might be 30 levels actually.

I K3 Dubstep

Quote from: Killer Panda on January 06, 2011, 11:30:33 PM
For all you know it might just be 20 levels on one skill. It might be 30 levels actually.

So what if it's two maxed out players fighting? One was maxed out before the event, and one was maxed out after, would it be fair for the newer player who has lower Hp? Of course not.

Dug

Quote from: Killer Panda on January 03, 2011, 09:39:40 PM
Are ranged and Mage included in combat?
Just to answer your question, nope.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Yoho

Tinyyoshi has 14hp higher then me, yet I still killed him, it's not always about your hp level it's your Pking skills, similar to classic pking, people with 110 hp can beat people with 135 hp.

I K3 Dubstep

Quote from: Yoho on January 07, 2011, 03:06:54 PM
Tinyyoshi has 14hp higher then me, yet I still killed him, it's not always about your hp level it's your Pking skills, similar to classic pking, people with 110 hp can beat people with 135 hp.

This isn't an argument based on how well you pk, it's about how fair the fight is at the start.
Sure, the guy who's missing about 10hp might win, but it was a fight with a handicap. If the Exp rate is fixed, there won't be a handicap.

Sad Panda

Quote from: I K3 Dubstep on January 06, 2011, 11:38:48 PM
One was maxed out before the event, and one was maxed out after, would it be fair for the newer player who has lower Hp?

Wait, how can they both be maxed out, yet one has lower HP? anyways, if you didn't train before the double exp weekend then it's tough luck. I only trained a bit, and blew off the entire double exp weekend. Do you see me crying over it? Of course not, it's a game.

I K3 Dubstep

Quote from: Killer Panda on January 07, 2011, 08:05:20 PM
Quote from: I K3 Dubstep on January 06, 2011, 11:38:48 PM
One was maxed out before the event, and one was maxed out after, would it be fair for the newer player who has lower Hp?

Wait, how can they both be maxed out, yet one has lower HP? anyways, if you didn't train before the double exp weekend then it's tough luck. I only trained a bit, and blew off the entire double exp weekend. Do you see me crying over it? Of course not, it's a game.

Maxed out as in 99-99-99. And it's not fair for people who are brand new to the server. Regardless whether you're crying or not, this isn't about you, or how you feel about it. This about the server in general. Everyone feels different about this.

Sad Panda

All the guys on here that feel they got cheated should take a day in my shoes. You'd all man up. All the girls on here that feel they got cheated, just keep on going.

I K3 Dubstep

Quote from: Killer Panda on January 07, 2011, 09:45:14 PM
All the guys on here that feel they got cheated should take a day in my shoes. You'd all man up. All the girls on here that feel they got cheated, just keep on going.

That's a bit irrelevant..
But regardless, the Exp rate should definitely be fixed, right? :)

Sad Panda

False. It's a game and, therefore, does not matter.