News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

----

Started by Shadows, January 02, 2011, 11:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadows

A bump system, used to keep things circulated. That way you don't have to worry about grave-digging; people will just keep what's useful/popular circulated, kind of like the RuneScape forums.
"Rubes"

Insomnom

I don't think this is needed at all.
The community is small enough that the important stuff IS kept bumped/stickied/otherwise noticeable.
Plus.. that's kinda what posting on a thread does. Bumps it to the top. That's how popular/useful topics are, how you put it, "circulated".
It's pretty much the not popular and un-useful topics that end up old enough to be considered "grave-digging" when you post on them

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.

Kryptonite

I've suggested this before awhile ago. Apparently it's not a good idea.

And people also seem to only read unread posts and new replies anyway. At least I do,

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Sad Panda

No, I, along with many many guests, go far back into the older topics.

Shadows

Quote from: Killer Panda on January 02, 2011, 11:54:22 PM
No, I, along with many many guests, go far back into the older topics.

[logic]Some of the older posts are quite interesting/helpful/entertaining, but people can't give full recognition because of the grave-digging rule.

Also, what's useful/entertaining is a complete matter of opinion.

Finally; Ry and Co. are trying to get Worldscape more renown, and with that - more players. The community may be small now, but there may be a rather large influx of new players, therefore making a bump feature not so irrelevant.[/logic]

"Rubes"

Insomnom

That doesn't mean people can't read them now.

>Also, what's useful/entertaining is a complete matter of opinion.
>what's useful/entertaining is a complete matter of opinion.
>complete matter of opinion.
>matter of opinion.
>opinion.

Even with a large community, I don't see the need for it.
As a member of multiple forums this has never been a problem..
Plus, the function would be horribly abused once/if we get a lot more people.

"There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -L. J. Peter

Made by Pride.