News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Don't talk about people behind their back.

Started by bear hug, September 17, 2010, 04:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bear hug

Hey this is dont no and well i've realised that people have been talking about other people in negative ways. I dont like this at all so please remember if you want to say something about someone say it to their face, and not to someone else i was reading reports in blitz to see whats been going on in the game and i came across a report that had my name in it and i was called "stupid" and i was also called a "noob" by someone who i thought i was friends with. Dont ask me who it was in posts it really doesnt matter but please before you say something about someone think about if you would say it to the person it is about.
Thanks for reading.

Drunk Mario

Yeah, This is starting to be a big problem. But really If you think about it, All there is on a computer screen is pixels, If someone says "Noob" to you or something It really shouldn't be that big of a deal.. It's just rude. I agree like 90% with this. People need to think about this: Would you like people saying that about you and not knowing about it?

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Ra

Ignore it, there will always be people who are ignorant in this world. If they are talking about you behind your back they obviously don't respect you, so why should you respect them enough to care what they think about you?

Vee Dub

Quote from: Drunk Mario on September 17, 2010, 05:29:06 PM
Yeah, This is starting to be a big problem. But really If you think about it, All there is on a computer screen is pixels, If someone says "Noob" to you or something It really shouldn't be that big of a deal.. It's just rude. I agree like 90% with this. People need to think about this: Would you like people saying that about you and not knowing about it?
Pretty much what Mario said. They're only pixels and you can't really get offended, really.

Pavilion

I'm going agree with everyone here. Remember that, especially on the internet, people may not be as nice as you'd like. It would be awesome if everyone was respectful, but not everyone will have a pleasant attitude. Take a breather and ignore them. If they're mean to you, that means they are NOT worth your time.

Kryptonite

You guys talkin' about pixels and crap, well it's not really true, because they are still words coming out of someone else that mean something, not just random pixels that were generated. It was something that someone meant to say (usually) so you actually can get offended. It's just like texting people.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

bear hug

Thank you Kryptonite for saying that i agree even though they are pixels its just like saying it to them in real life.

Kryptonite

Exactly. Why else do you learn so much about cyber-bullying in grade school?

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

d1stortor

kryptonite is correct. and not just that;but the fact that a "friend" said stuff behind your back is not cool at all. but algain,what can you do? i'd suggest you just ignore them even though they did mean to say it.
$$$ LIFE IS TIME, AND TIME IS MONEY! $$$

Sora

Coleshot1

Talking in real life is just waves of energy being read by your ears and sent to your brain. Are you going to say words are never hurtful? Pixels can definitely be hurtful mentally. You never know how sensitive the person you're talking to is.

Basically, this topic was worth making, lol. People need to stop being jerks over nothing. Nothing good ever comes out of being mean to others, ever.

I strongly encourage using your ignore list. It's much better than fighting, because you might get muted if you get carried away.
http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,644.msg3850.html#msg3850
If you don't read this, you may be kicked, muted or banned without warning and not know why. No, really, read.

The video/song in my profile picture. Same video I got my last one from, if you saw that. Watch at least until the part with her glasses. That part's epic. =P

-Completely, undeniably, 100% addicted to Touhou and loving it-
Without the internet, Touhou or my thoughts, I have very little a life.

It's really sad that only about 2 of the 115+ characters of Touhou is a guy(Humans in the 'Human Village' don't count. =O), and Touhou is still more manly than "those war games".
That, and Touhou is harder, more challenging, more extremely painful than any game you've ever played. It's no wonder I don't know the difference between Halo, Call of Duty, World at War and the etcetera.

Drunk Mario

Quote from: Coleshot1 on September 19, 2010, 05:57:35 PM
Talking in real life is just waves of energy being read by your ears and sent to your brain. Are you going to say words are never hurtful? Pixels can definitely be hurtful mentally. You never know how sensitive the person you're talking to is.

Basically, this topic was worth making, lol. People need to stop being jerks over nothing. Nothing good ever comes out of being mean to others, ever.

I strongly encourage using your ignore list. It's much better than fighting, because you might get muted if you get carried away.
(Or demoted)

You're right.. It was worth making and pixels can be hurtful, but they shouldn't be if you handle the situation correctly.

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall