News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

A few sports related questions and comments

Started by Miss Pixie, October 26, 2008, 09:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Pixie

Up until last year all I did sports wise was cheerleading...but you know, at my school they dont even count it as a sport! Is my school the only one like that? or are there others?

another thing is that i started playing basketball and running track(i won state last year with my 800m run FTW!) and i kinda realized that the only thing important at my school is football...which is MESSED UP! lol...i mean im a girl, so i cant even really play football, and so that makes it virtually impossible to be truly respected as an athlete at my school among coaches and other staff members...its been bugging me alot lately as basketball season gets closer and closer and i start to question if i should even play...
im still going to do track, and im a cheerleader still (varsity this year! >.< finally!)..
but anyway...
are other schools like this? or is just mine? cause it seems wrong to me...feel free to question/comment all you like =)
"Love is unconditional, relationships are not."

maddy

well technically girla play football i mean cuz....i do.....:\ not really on a team but i do play with my nieghbor and he tackles hard ouch but i can still get him down lol and in some cases i am still a girl lol and i do mean like come on your also older than me

~yours truly, maddy~
lolz a little weird I know. :)

Chaoslancex

lol we i do play on a team not in school but in a team that plays around the town
;) ;) i own in soccer. :D ;)

Chaos.

Banjo Hick

the high school im going to when im older is all about swimming
   *cough 26 state first places in state 8 2nd 2 3rds cough* and im gonna be playing soccer and it really doesnt bother me all that much. o and 
   *cough 4 olympic swimmers came from that high school cough*

~nitti~

nikeman

I play baseball for my league.We came in like 10th place at cooperstown. I also will play football for my league next year. >.<

...ummm hi...?
~~This signature has been removed due to forum breach of policy. Please use smaller pictures (preferably 100x100) and a maximum of two pictures.~~

Banjo Hick

actually micheal phelps came to my high school and swam in some stupid competition, and i just found out that my school holds the record for most 1st places in state in one year, they had 9 all in one year, it was obviously all in different sports, girls soccer, boys soccer, football, baseball, softball, swimming, and 3 others thaat i dont remember

Zack1

i play footy and like i'm #1 woo. But I thought all sports are good i play basketball, tenis, soccer, cricket and baseball! (HOMERUN)

Banjo Hick

im not being sexist or anything but cheerleading isnt reeally a sport, i dont count it as a sport when you cant get a definate winner like by scoring a goal, touchdown, homerun, etc... and i also dont count it when u can pay off the judges and u can just win that way, im not saying that u do it, cuz ur like a kid, but i also dont count diving as a sport because allur doing is falling into water from 20feet up, and some of the people dont even do tricks while i watched the olympics, and there are other "sports" that are somewhere in the middle like bull riding, u dont get judged but u dont score either, and it all depends on how long u stay on the bull, and i dontthink that should be considered asport though, but im kindathinking at the same time that it is

Zack

The definition of "sport" is "Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively." So cheerleading is considered a sport, and you can pay off people in almost any sport.

Pure01owner

Quote from: Zack on April 17, 2009, 11:00:29 PM
The definition of "sport" is "Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively." So cheerleading is considered a sport, and you can pay off people in almost any sport.
$50 u got that out off a dictionary
~Ex Owner Of Blitz 50â,,¢ Ftw!!~

Respect nothing. But Your Beliefs, Stand Up For Them And Stand, To Fight For Ur Rights And Aspects.[move]

Zack

Banjo Hick

yeah, well most people in my city dont count that as a sport, the people at my high school dont ccount that as a sport, and u do know that definitions change every single year, and that could be a definition from a while ago, and that is ur opinion of what a sport is, and i said I DONT THINK THAT CHEERLEADING IS A SPORT, notice the "I"
meaning that it is my opinion, and how come u just flame me or say im wrong in basically every topic i post in

Zack

Banjo Hick

well it was right after i said that i didnt think that it was a sport, and i just somehow duobt that u were directing it towards miss pixie

Zack

I would love to keep this in PM, but I can't message you. You bumped the thread, I read the original post and replied to it.