News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Why I hate Merchanting.

Started by Agressional, May 25, 2010, 11:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agressional

Today, after getting home from school, I really wanted to make some cash. The sales for the basic stuff clans buy up from day to day hadn't gone up yet, so I bought up alot so they'd just drive the price higher up and I'd make the best profit in Runescape for that day.

Now, what I didn't account for was the damn clan owners to sell early. I had casually logged onto Runescape to get my 10 or so million GP profit, giving me 25 mil overall.

Things went kind've down hill from there. Almost everything I bought was now around 10 GP LOWER than I'd bought it. So now, I had to make a judgement call. Keep it and risk losing millions, or cut it and sell. This happened 5 times today, and each time I cut. Now I only have around 1k in coins, 130k in Gold, and a mil in Spider Eggs. Let's see how screwed I really get.

~Jack.
I'll think of something to put here....
*15 minutes later, still staring at the screen.*
Well, I think I'll leave it at this.

Volcanic Me

This is why I merch solo, that's if I even merch. You gotta play the GE like the Stock Markets, and it never always works out.

Mia

I have never Merched, not that into it.

I never really got it, I mean yeah you get tonnes of cash but I like the hard way out :3

Drunk Mario

Quote from: Volcanic Me on May 26, 2010, 12:03:47 AM
This is why I merch solo, that's if I even merch. You gotta play the GE like the Stock Markets, and it never always works out.
it always works for me! Don't ask how or why! i just get lucky. well and the fact that i know how to use the G.E and make triple the price i spend. So yeah im an excellent merchanter! started out with 1k today, turned it into 2.5mil in 30 minutes. That's called merchanting.  8)

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Kryptonite

Quote from: Drunk Mario on May 26, 2010, 09:31:40 PM
Quote from: Volcanic Me on May 26, 2010, 12:03:47 AM
it always works for me! Don't ask how or why! i just get lucky. well and the fact that i know how to use the G.E and make triple the price i spend. So yeah im an excellent merchanter! started out with 1k today, turned it into 2.5mil in 30 minutes. That's called merchanting.  8)

Merching while botting I assume?

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Zonekiller

Botting is so ftw.
I kinda like to own those merchanting clans. Sell before I should. I make some crapload* profit. If I have bad time, I'll go for solo flipping.

*Please, keep profanity to a nonexistence.

Zonekiller

None of that.

Joker

Off Topic: Drunk, can you teach me how to merch? in pm or in game,if you did...thanks.
hope you will. :)
ON Topic: well i have never merched.

Dead 24/7

I merch and have some advice. Don't join clans (unless you want to fool around with em') because they bait you and take all your money, go solo. When merching it's not that complicated, there is a stock thingy on the runescape homepage. The thing is that you buy an item when it's very low in gp and in lots of supply, and then sell it when it is in demand and is being bought for tons. Merching you have to have patience for it's not like this ok I will buy this... then you just sell it (unless your Chuck Norris) and you make millions. No it takes a lot of time it could take from a few days to weeks because it is just like a stock market it goes up and down.

Hope This Helps Yours Truly,
                                                                                                                     Dead 24/7
Out For Classic But Back For Blitz.

Previous Accounts:
Drop351 (Banned) (Main Lvl 121)
Kingofkingz (Given Away) (Main/Pker Lvl 132)
K R A Z Y (Never To Be Touched Again) (Pure/Pker Lvl 72)

I currently don't play anymore, I am waiting for blitz.
I hope to become a Beta-Tester for WSB.

Vee Dub

Try to dry out the market, It's hard but it's worth it. Once you have dried out the market the price of the items go up.  ;)

TheBeatles

Merching sometimes is a 50/50 chance of you gaining or losing money. Here is the strategy. depending of the item if it could be duplicated or not. If you buy something that is really hard to make. Buy lots of em lowest price so then you could buy every single one in the market. Then sell back to the GE for a higher price because people are desparate to buy so they raise the amount of money they are buying it for. But becareful on the item you choose.You might not sell it if it is a lousy item.

Drunk Mario

I won't tell ANYONE my merchanting secrets. I can tell you some good ways that usually work. one thing is NEVER JOIN A CLAN! There is only one very good clan in Rs and you could find that out by looking it up.

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall