News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Grade 9 ENG assignment

Started by aussie king, March 10, 2010, 07:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

what grade?

A (very high achievement)
1 (12.5%)
B (high achievement)
4 (50%)
C (normal)
2 (25%)
D (below average)
0 (0%)
E (YOU FAILED U SUCK)
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

aussie king

remember im only 13 so don't expect top notch and its meant to be short (Y)
The Tetris virus
A long time ago a group of scientists thought that human technology caused human evolution to go off track. Instead of humans evolving to meets our needs we have created Technologies to meet them for us. So in order to see how things could have been different they set up a colony where technology is forbidden and observe the result, this is my story.
It’s been 2000 years since scientists placed the very first group of people onto this planet. That has never used any sort of technology. The scientists have an army watching them armed with far superior weaponry. Anyone caught trying to create any form of technology is killed on spot, but they abandoned this experiment many years ago as they went on, they followed their own paths.
The planet is divided by a large mass of water. There are two continents one inhabited by the Seraphs. They have developed basic technology. The other inhabited by the technophiles and they have developed advanced technology. As the two groups followed their own paths they evolved in very different directions.
Throughout the years the Technophiles characteristics have changed. Their bodies have become short and obese, they are very weak and have squeaky voices, and their skin is very pale due to the lack of sun light. They have little depth of perception as they aren’t looking very long distances. The Technophiles basically have no stamina, agility or strength. This is because their whole lives revolve around computers; they rely on the computers for everything.
Whereas the Seraph are similar to what humans are like now. The main difference would be that their life expectancy is much shorter due to lack of medical services and research.
In the year 4030 a computer virus was first detected on one of the Technophiles computer, within 3 weeks the virus had shut down every computer. This affected the Technophile in every aspect as their water and food is run by computers, so their situation became critical very quickly. As the virus took hold of their computers the Technophiles sent a S.O.S via a robotic boat to the Seraph people.
2 weeks went by with no computers with already 75% of the technophile population had died. It was then that the first fleet of Seraph arrived, bringing food, but more importantly, survival skills. The Seraph taught the Technophile people how to farm, fish and how to setup irrigation.
It took many generations before the Technophiles were capable of surviving without the help of the Seraph. One of the interesting facts was that it became obvious that the two groups, over the many generations, had divided into two very separate species. Relationships did evolve between the groups but their children were always infertile. The reliance on technology by the Technophiles proved to be the undoing. It turned out they needed their human senses and survival skills more.
stand up for something, or live for nothing.

Pk0wnedall

I clicked "Normal", but i re-read it and i think it is a high achievement.

Mooshu

I'll go for high achievement. ;)