News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Live IRC Chat

Started by Chris Bud, July 17, 2008, 12:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Bud

I'm not sure what happened. And I'm not sure if this is me, or the IRC Chat box.

The Error I get everytime I try to connect:
[00:18] Connecting...
[00:18] Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission sb.bounceme.net resolve)

I dunno how to fix this, or I dunno what is wrong... ;)

~Chris

Zeldagirl

Chris, I get the same problem on my laptop.  :o

It's sort-of wierd because I don't recieve it on my normal computer, but I don't complain much because I don't use the Live IRC Chatroom that much anyway. You could try talking to Ryan, or you can confront the owner of the Chatroom. (To be honest I forget who it was.  ::))

I hope this helped you,

Zelda.
- Banned -

Chris Bud

Yea. Well my Main computer is a Laptop ;)

So the only thing I have to do is talk to Ry. Which I dunno where he is... I've needed to talk to that boy for 3 day's :-X

~Chris

Con1887

I'm not familure with this but I'm not sure if it's the type of computer your useing but it could be something with the IRC chat its self or the registured ip addres that your useing to connect with?

Like I said I'm not very familure with this problem and I have never experienced this with my laptop that I'm useing to type this reply.

Ry60003333

That usually happens when you don't trust the Applet's signature. When it asks you if you want to Run or Accept the Applet make sure you hit Trust/Run.

if that still doesn't work, is it possible your running Vista on the computers with the problem?  :P
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Zeldagirl

Ryan,

I believe you NEED to trust/run the applet or it won't work for you. Also, I am not using a Vista, I am using a Windows XP 2005 Home Edition I believe. Anyways, It isn't working on my "Main" computer now.. but I suppose it doesn't matter much anyways because I don't go on to often.

Thank you for trying to help me though  :P

Zelda.
- Banned -

Con1887

Quote from: Ry60003333 on July 22, 2008, 01:04:30 PM
That usually happens when you don't trust the Applet's signature. When it asks you if you want to Run or Accept the Applet make sure you hit Trust/Run.

if that still doesn't work, is it possible your running Vista on the computers with the problem?  :P

I'm currently using a Vista and I'm not experiencing any problems and I go on the IRC chat quite often, I do accept the java signature.

Ry60003333

Well, if you would like to IRC and the Applet is not working you could download IceChat from http://www.icechat.net/.  :)

Chris Bud

Yea. I'm running Vista here. I have the brand new updated version :-X I dunno if that's why...

But I hope I get it working ::)

~Chris

Ry60003333

Well SB just closed down SBNet so soon I'll install my own IRC server again. :-X