News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

How to JailBreak an iPod/iPhone

Started by Zack, November 02, 2009, 11:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zack

By Jailbreaking your iDevice you have the ability to change themes and various other settings on your iDevice like this:

This guide is on how to Jailbreak your iDevice running filmware 3.0 and up.

THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH FIRMWARE 3.1.3!

1. Download "blackra1n" from http://blackra1n.com. Click either the Windows or Apple logo on bottom depending on what OS you have.

2. After you have downloaded blackra1n plug your iDevice into your computer.

3. Run blackra1n and press the "make it rain" button.

4. Your iDevice will now go into recovery mode. Just wait until GeoHot's face appears.

5. Once it's done blackra1n will tell you your device is now Jailbroken and to wait for reboot.

6. After your device has rebooted there will be an app on your springboard called "Blackra1n". Open it.

7. Download "Cydia" in the "Blackra1n" app.

8. In Cydia search for "Winterboard" and download it. This is used to apply themes to your device.

9. To get custom themes open Cydia and press "selections" on the bottom and look for themes or use search.

Have fun customizing your iDevice!

If you have any questions PM me.

If your iPod/iPhone has iOS 4.0 and up this will not work!

Pk0wnedall

I've heard that Jail breaking Ipod/Iphone can stuff it up so i'm not doing it, But nice guide.

Zack

If anything happens you can just restore it, no harm done. Also if you do manage to mess it up, you must have tried to do it.

IvyX

Currently, this only works with the 2G iPod Touches/iPhones, so if it doesn't work, wait until they release another version.

FYI: Jailbreaking is actually sort of illegal, but a lot of people do it. If Apple catches you Jailbreaking (like if you plug into iTunes and Jailbreak etc.), then, things might go bad.
This is just my friend telling me, but I do not think this is 100% true...

Dark Reaper

Quote from: IvyX on March 16, 2010, 10:22:24 PM
Currently, this only works with the 2G iPod Touches/iPhones, so if it doesn't work, wait until they release another version.

FYI: Jailbreaking is actually sort of illegal, but a lot of people do it. If Apple catches you Jailbreaking (like if you plug into iTunes and Jailbreak etc.), then, things might go bad.
This is just my friend telling me, but I do not think this is 100% true...

Yeah, it is illegal.  But everyone does it :P
Click here to play Runescape.
Click here to see my profile.

Zonekiller

I think it's illegal too. But Zack is like "No! It's not illegal dumb fool!"  :-X

44 hits

Quote from: Zonekiller on March 22, 2010, 04:14:42 AM
I think it's illegal too. But Zack is like "No! It's not illegal dumb fool!"  :-X
Jail breaking a Ipod/Iphone is illegal because your getting free music and applications that some people pay up to 12 dollars on.

Zack

Quote from: 44 hits on March 22, 2010, 05:19:21 AM
Jail breaking a Ipod/Iphone is illegal because your getting free music and applications that some people pay up to 12 dollars on.

You can free get music without Jailbreaking. -.- You can get it on any MP3. If people don't want to jailbreak then don't post here.

Pk0wnedall

Quote from: Zack on March 22, 2010, 09:11:36 AM
Quote from: 44 hits on March 22, 2010, 05:19:21 AM

You can free get music without Jailbreaking. -.- You can get it on any MP3. If people don't want to jailbreak then don't post here.
When you Jail break your ipod you get a app called "Mxtube" you can get any song free off there.

wouter

Yeah, i dont have a Ipod or any other Idevice but good guide zack ;)

Pk0wnedall

I'm waiting for them to make a jailbreaking version for 3.1.3, Hopefully they make one.

IvyX

Quote from: Pk0wnedall on March 25, 2010, 03:20:01 AM
I'm waiting for them to make a jailbreaking version for 3.1.3, Hopefully they make one.

Currently, they are making one, but it takes time, so wait for it to come out.

Pk0wnedall

QuoteCurrently, they are making one, but it takes time, so wait for it to come out.
Do you have any idea when it'll be out? I can't wait :)

SouvLacki

Hey, Zack. What is the name of the second theme?

Imploding

It's called My Other Car is Also a Porsche. I asked him that a while ago, lol. I think it was in pm though.
The Ultimate Forum Gamer