News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Detail Selection

Started by Zack, October 11, 2009, 07:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zack

On the downloadable client you can choose either high detail or low detail. That would be something good to have for the web client too. When you choose a world it will direct you to another page asking you what detail you want, then direct you to the client with the detail you have chosen. The low detail client has less ground texture and no music, so it should load faster on older computers.

Delicious

The web client hasn't been updated in a while. I think Ry is just way too busy with blitz. It's quite a big project as I am sure you are aware of. :P He might develop classic after he has released blitz, but I think he has devoted all of his time to Blitz.

Zack

I do know that Ryan is busy with Blitz, but there is already a low detail client and it wouldn't take to long to make it a webclient.

Delicious

Thats true but, I don't think he is worried with classic for now. I would like for him to be busy with blitz rather than developing classic anymore, unless this is necessary you think.

Zack

It's not necessary, but not everyone has a new computer with 8GB of ram. So even this 317 client can lag some people. Just saying a low detail client would allow more people to play.

Delicious

I have a computer with 1 GB and I always have 4 + apps open along with client and Never have lag. :D

Volcanic Me

Quote from: Delicious on October 11, 2009, 09:23:57 PM
I have a computer with 1 GB and I always have 4 + apps open along with client and Never have lag. :D

Lucky you.

Bill

Quote from: Delicious on October 11, 2009, 08:09:31 PM
The web client hasn't been updated in a while. I think Ry is just way too busy with blitz.

Ryan has actually been VERY busy with his schoolwork and band and everything. He's told me he's rarely had any time at all to program Blitz lately and that he's trying to make time. That's probably why it hasn't been on a lot.

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

Ry60003333

I think I could make the webclient run in low detail mode, and have a low detail link as well as the high detail link.

I'll look into it. :)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.