News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Ryan's Language

Started by Bill, August 24, 2009, 06:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

For all of these long years I've known Ryan, I've noticed something. Ryan's language is a little different than most people's. Ryan's language is basically what I would like to call 'smiley face language'. 99.9999999999% of the time you talk to Ryan, he usually will just respond to you with a smiley face, and frankly from knowing him for so long, it's really funny that I can observe, assess, and identify what he means when he throws a smiley face at your face.

Ryan's smiley faces can be quite humorous sometimes. If he throws a smiley face at you, it either means he's excited and hyper, he wants to small-talk with you, and only small-talk, he's saying "Yeah yeah, okay, whatever." or he's just plain saying "Just leave me alone, I'm freakin' busy right now."

I will identify each smiley he uses and tell you what they mean:
(Everything I talk about I have experienced and been through with Ryan. Whatever I say below, I have done, felt, or thought.)

:) - This means you're right, yes, or you just did something very good that you will never know what it was.

:D - This means something cool just happened or he just did something really amazing with Classic/Blitz. If that is the case, you will tend to ask him what he did and he will follow your question up with a response and a mumbo-jumbo of words that you better be ready to dance with, but never are, and you will never in your life understand, and I'm not even sure if Ryan does himself.

xD/XD - This means something funny or completely epic just happened. Everyone else would laugh or put lol, rofl, or lmao, but Ryan instead will put this smiley face. If you ever see Ryan put this smiley face, then congratulations, you just caught him at the best time EVER! It's safe to say that... You win.

:( - This means a couple of things. You're trying to make Ryan upset with telling him a story or something that happened. For example, if you tell Ryan you died in WorldScape to a glitch and you lost your items, or you lost all of your rares in the trading glitch. This is Ryan's way of saying "Well that just sucks, I'm not going to do anything about it, because I don't want to and I shouldn't have to seeing as it happens all the time." When he puts that smiley, it shows expression, but only on the internet, meaning when he puts it, it appears that he is sad with you, when really, he's sitting behind his computer with the straightest face in the world. He'll put that smiley face to get out of a sticky situation, and the funniest part about it is... It actually works for him. This can also mean "No, I'm sorry." or "Too bad."

:\ - The :[ pretty much applies everything about this smiley. It can also mean "Ehh...". Not much to this one I would say.

O.O - This is the most common one used by Ryan and my favorite one I would say. This face to Ryan means that he just struck oil. Something awesome just came up or happened or this smiley face says "What if I did this?" or "Guess what I did? You won't guess! You won't guess!". This can also mean "Oh really?" or "Hey, take a look at this." in some situations.

X.X - This is an easy one. This means he either broke something in the server/client, or it's saying "Crap!" On rare occasions, he'll use this smiley face right after he says "Kk I going to sleepz."

-.- - This means you are personally going to be upset because he's mad at someone/something else completely unrelated and irrelevant to you. Ryan hasn't really used this face much in my past experience with him, so there's not much to say here. If he EVER uses this face to direct it toward you showing he's mad at you, then you are screwed.

;) - This means you're going to get something, or completely make you think you are by tricking you. He'll make this face and it will make you smile from behind your computer, but then nothing else really happens afterward. If you're talking to him on WorldScape, Skype, etc. and he makes this face, it will make you wonder and you will just keep scrolling up to see it and say to yourself "Why? What does that mean?" Well, congratulations, now you know what it means.

:O - This means you just told Ryan something that you think is really cool, amazing, funny, etc. and he could not possibly care any less. He'll use this smiley face to move on and proceed with his life. Example, if you send him a YouTube video on Skype and he responds back with this smiley, it means "Hey... 99% says I am not going to watch this video, but I'll bear with him and just send him a smiley face just to get his/her hopes up." This could also mean he just added something into Blitz that completely matters to him, but doesn't really make much sense to anyone else if he tried explaining it to you. You'll ask him and sometimes, he'll chuck 120 messages at you that you will probably not read, or read them and not comprehend them one bit. Any of that.. Or he's just hungry or something...

:'( - This means he does not care. Pretty much everything in :( means this, but with the little tear to attempt to add more emotion, but it just does not happen with Ryan ever. Again, he will say this and sit behind his computer with a straight face saying "K, whatever."

Well, now you know what Ryan means when he puts smiley faces. Anyone who reads this, I bet for now on every time you see Ryan make a smiley face, you'll remember this post and/or come back to this post to define what Ryan just said to you. Post your comments, I'd love to hear them. ;)

I may be editing the post from time-to-time, revising definitions, adding more, etc. So keep checking back.

Happy WorldScaping,
-Bill

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

Volcanic Me

Wow, I laughed out loud quite a few times while reading that. xD

Jack

Lol, you must be a stalker lol, and how could you be bother to type all that?

Ry60003333

Maybe now more of you can understand me when I go on the gamez! :o
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

serguy3

":O - This means you just told Ryan something that you think is really cool, amazing, funny, etc. and he could not possibly care any less. He'll use this smiley face to move on and proceed with his life. Example, if you send him a YouTube video on Skype and he responds back with this smiley, it means "Hey... 99% says I am not going to watch this video, but I'll bear with him and just send him a smiley face just to get his/her hopes up." This could also mean he just added something into Blitz that completely matters to him, but doesn't really make much sense to anyone else if he tried explaining it to you. You'll ask him and sometimes, he'll chuck 120 messages at you that you will probably not read, or read them and not comprehend them one bit. Any of that.. Or he's just hungry or something..."

Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 24, 2009, 04:40:45 PM
Maybe now more of you can understand me when I go on the gamez! :o

He used the "I don't care one." :P

~Jack.
Thank you to Zack who brought my suggestion to life. Subscribe to WorldscapeBlitz NOW!

Go here for a great theme. Credits to Zack.

Fight my Brute YO!

Zack

Quote from: Bill on August 24, 2009, 06:36:22 AM
=D - This means something cool just happened or he just did something really amazing with Classic/Blitz. If that is the case, you will tend to ask him what he did and he will follow your question up with a response and a mumbo-jumbo of words that you better be ready to deal with, but never are, and you will never in your life understand, and I'm not even sure if Ryan does himself.

I run into this one every time we talk on Blitz :P

Ry60003333

We should make a dictionary! ;D
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Bri

Delicious

This is spectacular Bill.  :D

I Haz Str

This Is So true becuse anytime im ever with him all he dose it sit there and =) lol
Owner Of V I P

wouter

You forgot :
=9   that's chaos' thing. Like,''Got nothing better to say.''

love  :D

Drunk Mario

Hehe, those are funny!! i usually get the :) one ;D. Ryan just loves to simplify things doesn't he? He is shy i bet.. that is why he just simplifies what he is thinking into a smiley :D

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

aha this apply's to most people that use smiley's alot, you got them figured outt haha.

doormcburger

I own noobs.

OLD NAME: Tehstrshow

NEW NAME: Kryptonite

maxmager

Bill i recommend you add :p and :9 because he often uses those, :P

Press the [Give Respect] button to get m00ny. =]
Vote for me on this: http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,2423.0.html