News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

VPS for World 1!

Started by Ry60003333, August 23, 2009, 01:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry60003333

First, if you don't know what a VPS is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_server

Its basically a computer divided up into virtual computers, and I've bought one of the virtual computers. 8)
This means that World 1 will have NO LAG.

This means that the IP for World 1 is now classic1.worldscapeblitz.com . This is because I cannot make www.allgofree.org point at the VPS because the site would stop working! ::)

The World that I run is now World 2, and its IP is either www.allgofree.org or classic2.worldscapeblitz.com .

For real time status, check out the World Select page:
http://www.allgofree.org/rs/worldselect/
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

vodkashots

Vodkashots,You love em really :D...
vodka for ladies.

Zack

Definitely do it. I haven't really played in months because of lag.

Ry60003333

Quote from: Zack on August 23, 2009, 06:06:04 PM
Definitely do it. I haven't really played in months because of lag.
We already did it. This was the announcement of it, otherwise it would be in Future Updates. 8)

clark

oh that why the ip was changed

~death-zone~

serguy3

It looks like more players are coming because of a more reliable server, and no lag!(We all hate that. :P)

~Jack.
Thank you to Zack who brought my suggestion to life. Subscribe to WorldscapeBlitz NOW!

Go here for a great theme. Credits to Zack.

Fight my Brute YO!

Rain

Quote from: serguy3 on August 30, 2009, 02:34:47 PM
It looks like more players are coming because of a more reliable server, and no lag!(We all hate that. :P)

~Jack.

I have noticed that too. I have seen loads more people online because of the lagg being gone. I definitely love this update. WorldScape's getting more and more people everyday.

Ry60003333

Quote from: Dillon on August 30, 2009, 02:56:47 PM
I have noticed that too. I have seen loads more people online because of the lagg being gone. I definitely love this update. WorldScape's getting more and more people everyday.
We might be getting a second VPS because of a discount I might get. :o

Drunk Mario

Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 30, 2009, 07:30:34 PM
good i think there will be alot mreo people then if you get another one!!! everone likes discounts!

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Rain

Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 30, 2009, 07:30:34 PM

That would be awesome, Ryan. I have already noticed that you have WorldScape posted on the MoparScape Server Status Checker, and on Rune Locus where it remains at 100% uptime, which is obviously helping you get all these new players to come. And every single day that it stays at 100% it just brings in more and more people. I can't imagine what would happen if you had yet another VPS. The one you have now is doing a beautiful job.