News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Google Chrome OS

Started by Zack, July 16, 2009, 04:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zack

Google is now making an operating system. It's going to basically be a spiced up Linux distro that they will make everyone over pay for.

QuoteIt's been an exciting nine months since we launched the Google Chrome browser. Already, over 30 million people use it regularly. We designed Google Chrome for people who live on the web â€" searching for information, checking email, catching up on the news, shopping or just staying in touch with friends. However, the operating systems that browsers run on were designed in an era where there was no web. So today, we're announcing a new project that's a natural extension of Google Chrome â€" the Google Chrome Operating System. It's our attempt to re-think what operating systems should be.....
More here

Pavilion

Google's really pushing it here, imo.
The browser was somewhat out of their way, especially with that one dilemma involving their Terms of Service.
Making an OS a very huge leap. So no thanks, I'm sticking with my XP.

Zack

Google is a search engine, and should stay that way. I thought they were going to far by making their own browser.