News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

New Launch Date and To-Do list

Started by Ry60003333, June 11, 2008, 11:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry60003333

Well, unfortunately the launch of WorldScape Blitz has too be delayed from the original date of 6:00PM EST, Friday June 13th. This is mainly to the fact that the game is not yet 'playable'. What I mean by this is that if you were to login to the game as it is expected to be on that date, you would have no ways of getting around other then walking, there is absolutely no way to get items other then drops, and to get drops you have to kill monsters, but you have nothing to fight with. And, there is no way to obtain food to help you kill monsters.

I didn't want to disappoint the players of WorldScape with this, as even classic would be more enjoyable at this stage. And I don't think Blitz has earned the title "The greatest RuneScape Private Server. Ever." just yet.

But, I want to assure you that development on Blitz is going faster then ever, now that I have way more time to work on it. I only gave myself the first eight days of summer to prepare Blitz, and even with that I wasn't able to get it ready.  :'(

Well, now I would like to switch to a positive note. Blitz is definitely not a failure. It is still far more advanced then any other server framework wise. It has been tested with over 200 players on one World, and is expected to be able to hold as many as the real RuneScape game worlds. 2,000 players. I spent so much time working on the very basics of a server, mainly the networking. I was also working on the new login server, but I also had to pause my work on that and use the old one because I didn't have enough time. Blitz's engine is very powerful, and when the game is ready I think it will be amazing.  :)

Well, there you have it. The new launch date will be determined soon and posted here, and we will be working extremely hard to meet that date. I would also like to thank the staff who helped us get this far, and the beta testers who will be slowly watching Blitz become the greatest private server. I will be keeping a to-do list for Blitz here, so everyone will know what exactly is going on with Blitz!
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Ry60003333

Blitz To-Do List

? PvP Melee System
? Inventoy
? Bank
? Npc Support
? Npcs can be Attacked
? Npcs can die and respawn

? Special Attacks
? Npcs can fight back
? Npcs can follow and walk within a square area
? Npcs can follow and teleport with other Entities. (Npcs or Players) (Monday, June 23, 2008)
? Object creation and deletion system
? Npc Walking and Following support
? Shops

MasterServer To-Do List
? Finish account loading and saving
? Draft the server's protocol
? Draft and create the Authentication method
? Create the manager for the internal user list and distribute the list to services
? Create the Node system
? Implement the Absolute and Relative node system

Jeremy

Jeremy's To-Do List

MYSQL Databasing Tasks:

? Create White Mark System.

? Finish BASIC Npc Drops (For starters, men, goblins, chickens, cows, etc.)

? Remove Double NPC's from Database in NPC Spawn Locations.

? Input any more missing Wield Requirments for client id's.

? Finish Item Defining; isfood, minhealamount, maxhealamount, eatmessage, etc. for client id's

? Finish Weapon/Armour Str, Def, attack, and bonuses.

? Start Item Spawn Locations.

? Input non-combative skill data.

? Input any missing NPC, and player Animation ID's.

? Finish Item Attack Styles.

? Write Player Moderator Code of Conduct. (Blitz edition)

? Create Banrights, Muterights, and Kickrights.

? NPC Spawn Locations

? Revamp Player Mod Section of Forums

? Create Forum Mod Section of the Forums.

I'm bad enough to commit suicide and survive long enough to kill my soul after I'm dead.
-Picture removed-

Ry60003333

halaberd

could you estimate when the final product of blitz will be released?

Voltair

Halberd, it's best to be patient, because if Ry or any others do estimate, you might get your hopes up, then brought right back down. If you get an estimaed date, and it doesn't happen on that day, i'd imagine you would be quite preturbed on that. Just be patient and wait like everybody else. We'll get our turn to play when it's finished  ;)

lebo pure

Quote from: Voltair on June 25, 2008, 11:51:48 AM
Halberd, it's best to be patient, because if Ry or any others do estimate, you might get your hopes up, then brought right back down. If you get an estimaed date, and it doesn't happen on that day, i'd imagine you would be quite preturbed on that. Just be patient and wait like everybody else. We'll get our turn to play when it's finished  ;)

yes thats true you will easily go bak down

~Lebo~

Chris Bud

I dunno. I don't think that an estimate date would be that bad... But I guess some people might get there hopes up to high. But as long as Ry/Jer, said not to get your hopes up.

Maybe people would listen, and remember that, that date. Is only an ESTIMATE

~Chris trying to help!

G

hey just wanting to no an estimate of when it will be done i no ur working your hardest i wont get my hopes up thanx=]

halaberd

look ry
im really sry to say but...
have u been working on this game at all recently?
ive been checking this site many times and u have not crossed off anything on ur list (same with u jeremey) for a whole MONTH. last time u updated ur list was jun 20! now its july 20th.
guys we were all waiting patiently and im getting really confused because i though u were dedicated to making this game, but u show no progress
a little feedback would be nice.
thnx

Ry60003333

We have something very special being worked on, we just have a bump in the road. ;)

sickalicious

Chris Bud

WHY are we worried about bump's in the road? GET BACK TO WSB!!!

Lol, jking ::)

~Chris

halaberd

well the bump in road sounds like something to get our hopes up
but all i want is some feedback on how teh whole process is going

thats all im asking for
thnx

Ry60003333

The old Blitz is no longer being worked on, so this is no longer needed.