News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Downtime (Friday June 19th, 2009)

Started by Ry60003333, June 19, 2009, 03:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry60003333

As you probably know, the game and site shut off this morning. This was due to a power failure at my house. :P

We are also switching from Windows to Linux on our main servers, so if the Worlds are going off and on and that why. ::)

In other news...
The problem with uploading attachments and avatars should now be fixed. :)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Triniboy

Okay cool, Installing the linux would improve anything as for server laging issuie?

Kevino04

oke end ry60003333 i wil be a worldscape blitz tester can you help to get that i dont understand te quests i am duch i am playin worldscape 1 year i am now kevino04 but first wash i yt454

Triniboy

Quote from: Kevino04 on June 19, 2009, 03:10:51 PM
oke end ry60003333 i wil be a worldscape blitz tester can you help to get that i dont understand te quests i am duch i am playin worldscape 1 year i am now kevino04 but first wash i yt454

This is not the place to ask for this, and plus READ THIS THREAD http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,778.0.html

Sean

Quote from: TriniBoy on June 19, 2009, 03:06:12 PM
Okay cool, Installing the linux would improve anything as for server laging issuie?

Yes, I believe that Linux is more stable and suggested for running servers of some sort.

Bill

Quote from: TriniBoy on June 19, 2009, 03:06:12 PM

Switching to linux will... Wow.... make everything like 500% better.....

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

Voltimolt

Most server hosters out there use Linux as there OS. 85% of the RSPS Community.

Ry60003333

Quote from: Voltimolt on June 19, 2009, 07:12:20 PM
Most server hosters out there use Linux as there OS. 85% of the RSPS Community.

Yes, Linux is the most common server OS. Java supports it, and its much more lightweight then Windows. Right now, I don't even have the GUI (graphics) enabled. :o

Thrive

lol ry, You jump from Mac OSX, TO Windows, To Linux.
Question: Which one are you jumping to next?  ;D

Quote from: Voltimolt on April 24, 2012, 01:39:41 AM
Thrive is a legend at signatures.
Quote from: Vee Dub on September 10, 2010, 08:56:25 PM
A rare legend would be someone like Thrive and what not.
That makes me a Double Legend! <3

Quote from: Jake on June 26, 2012, 08:26:15 PM
Oh, Right. You're a legendary Signature maker, Don't get me wrong  ::)
damn RIGHT.

About My Signatures: I have come to believe that signatures are something that need true care for, and can't be generated in two seconds. Also, I have come to believe that text hinders the true beauty of a signature. A signature is supposed to show a render and a background mixing together. Text takes the focus off of these two things, and can make a signature rather disgusting. Text can be in a signature if it is the main focus of it, but other than that, it should just be there as a watermark. This is my GFX philosophy.

Remember the legends: Mute, Cappz, Jazmen, Travis, Ryan, Wyatt, Mark, Cj, Aaron, Hassan,and Jack. You all have a place in my heart.

And then there's Brandon... Sh*t...

Zack

He has 3 computers, and the 2 computers that had Windows he's installing Linux on.

Thrive

Quote from: Voltimolt on April 24, 2012, 01:39:41 AM
Thrive is a legend at signatures.
Quote from: Vee Dub on September 10, 2010, 08:56:25 PM
A rare legend would be someone like Thrive and what not.
That makes me a Double Legend! <3

Quote from: Jake on June 26, 2012, 08:26:15 PM
Oh, Right. You're a legendary Signature maker, Don't get me wrong  ::)
damn RIGHT.

About My Signatures: I have come to believe that signatures are something that need true care for, and can't be generated in two seconds. Also, I have come to believe that text hinders the true beauty of a signature. A signature is supposed to show a render and a background mixing together. Text takes the focus off of these two things, and can make a signature rather disgusting. Text can be in a signature if it is the main focus of it, but other than that, it should just be there as a watermark. This is my GFX philosophy.

Remember the legends: Mute, Cappz, Jazmen, Travis, Ryan, Wyatt, Mark, Cj, Aaron, Hassan,and Jack. You all have a place in my heart.

And then there's Brandon... Sh*t...

Zack

I was talking about the computers that host the server, but yeah I guess he does have more.

Ry60003333

Yeah including really old ones, we have 13 Macs, I counted. :o
Then we only have 2 PCs, which right now are both running Linux. :)

That includes a Mac Classic with an 8 MHz processor and 4 MB of RAM. ;D

Zack

You should send me one of the old ones. Always wanted a Mac ::)