News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

ip banned people on the forums

Started by Banjo Hick, June 15, 2009, 03:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo Hick

well i have seen some in game ip banned people posting on the forums, i dont understand y because they cant get on the game anymore, do u think that they should be posting, this does not include people who are being ip banned by people like eon9-8 or by hex

Bill

The forums and the game are two totally different things. If someone breaks the rules in-game, they then cannot be punished for it on the forums also and vice versa; no one can be punished in-game for something they did on the forums. That is partly why there are separate Staff for the forums and the game (i.e Forum Moderator, Forum Administrator, Player Moderator, AllGoFree Staff). The powers are separate. A person with the Player Moderator title here on the forums does not have any power here on the forums, meaning they cannot lock or sticky topics, edit people's messages, etc. A Forum Moderator cannot get on WorldScape and start muting players that break the rules etc. Therefore, separating the powers between in-game and the forums, which also goes for the punishments and procedures.

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

Pavilion

Quote from: Bill on June 15, 2009, 05:39:45 PM
The forums and the game are two totally different things. If someone breaks the rules in-game, they then cannot be punished for it on the forums also and vice versa; no one can be punished in-game for something they did on the forums. That is partly why there are separate Staff for the forums and the game (i.e Forum Moderator, Forum Administrator, Player Moderator, AllGoFree Staff). The powers are separate. A person with the Player Moderator title here on the forums does not have any power here on the forums, meaning they cannot lock or sticky topics, edit people's messages, etc. A Forum Moderator cannot get on WorldScape and start muting players that break the rules etc. Therefore, separating the powers between in-game and the forums, which also goes for the punishments and procedures.
Pretty much this.  Just to be clear, this separation doesn't mean that you can repeatedly break the rules in one area and expect to keep the freedom in the other.  There will be times where action would be taken in both sides, depending on how severe/frequent the violations are.

Banjo Hick

but people who are ip banned on the game can no longer play which means other than pming people on the forums they cant like do stuff because the forums mostly has to do with in game things, and bill, you and trini have the powers you list above, im not saying either of you will because you two are both pretty cool but if you were really mad at someone then you could do that if you wanted.

Zack

If someone gets IP banned in the game they still may want to talk to their friends and what not. What you're saying is that since the forums are for the game that the banned person as no use for it, which is not true. There are still other boards for them to use that are not related to the game. But if they happen to break rules in both game and forums then I guess they would be banned from both then.

Banjo Hick

yeah, but i already said they could use it to talk on irc chat or in pms but when someone like hubby is posting death zone, that doesnt make sense since hes out of that clan and out of game

Zack

An administrator could make a new user group for people IP banned in the game, so they only have access to non-game discussion. But with someone posting in a clan roster page, you could ask them to stop and if they don't you can get a forum mod to take care of it.

Banjo Hick

i have, and yes u have a very good idea that i really hope happens