News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Mid-day in Normandy – Prologue- Chapter 1

Started by Thrive, June 08, 2009, 10:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrive

Prologue

Bombs soared over my head as I rushed to the nearest trench. The screech of planes soaring over my head. I take my cover as my allies and accomplices die. No friends... In this war, you cannot trust anyone. I remember when this all started. I never knew the true meaning of fear till I saw death stare me straight in my face.
     My name is Brad Jones. I live in a small shack on the coast of Florida. Both of my parents have died during The World War. My Father died in the war, but my mother died of lung cancer when I was 6. I swore to myself that I would never participate in any war, because the life without a father is horrible. Life was tough for me, I concealed my mother's death in order to stay in the house. Each day that went by was harder to hide my mother's death. Phone calls, friends, family, all of them wanted to see my mother. Most of my life I sat on my sofa watching and crying over my mother's dead body. I didn't have the privilege of friends, and I had to support myself financially. I managed to tell the local shop owner, and he promised to not tell anyone. He also gave me a job. As I got older, my job in that store rose to the point where I became the manager. Money became easier to achieve. Today, that store is one of the most popular stores in the world, "Walgreens." My boss became so rich, that me gave me enough money to supply my family, and their children.
     Enough about my past. I now plan to have a family, with my lovely wife Suzy. She is currently pregnant with my child. I want my child to grow up with a father and mother, and not worry about them dying. My mother told me to always be a better parent than what she was. Of course I wouldn't be the mother, but I know what she meant. I know Suzy would make a great mother, that's why I married her. The World War is over and now we can live a peaceful life. No longer must we hide from the government in order to not be drafted. My hopes are held high for my family. My dream is finally coming true.

Chapter 1

The sound of the Rolling Stones song "You Can't Always Get What You Want" was ringing in my ears. I was sitting in the drafting office waiting to be examined. I was thinking about my wife, my soon-to-be child, and my family. It was a dreadful 5 hours I waited for my name to be called. I sat and watched the hands on the clock slowly drift to the right, until it made a complete circle. Then it started again. No one actually talked each other while waiting, we just looked at each other and nodded to each other to acknowledge their presence. I remember the person sitting across from me clearly. He had a constant worried expression on his face. He constantly looked at a little picture of his family in his hand. He would put it down, and then five seconds later would immediately look at it again. The worst part was when he left the examination room. He was holding a piece of paper and his face looked like he had just seen the devil. He walked slowly, trying not to cry. I felt his pain, because the next person they called was me.

Quote from: Voltimolt on April 24, 2012, 01:39:41 AM
Thrive is a legend at signatures.
Quote from: Vee Dub on September 10, 2010, 08:56:25 PM
A rare legend would be someone like Thrive and what not.
That makes me a Double Legend! <3

Quote from: Jake on June 26, 2012, 08:26:15 PM
Oh, Right. You're a legendary Signature maker, Don't get me wrong  ::)
damn RIGHT.

About My Signatures: I have come to believe that signatures are something that need true care for, and can't be generated in two seconds. Also, I have come to believe that text hinders the true beauty of a signature. A signature is supposed to show a render and a background mixing together. Text takes the focus off of these two things, and can make a signature rather disgusting. Text can be in a signature if it is the main focus of it, but other than that, it should just be there as a watermark. This is my GFX philosophy.

Remember the legends: Mute, Cappz, Jazmen, Travis, Ryan, Wyatt, Mark, Cj, Aaron, Hassan,and Jack. You all have a place in my heart.

And then there's Brandon... Sh*t...

Zack

It's amazing. Does it take place in World War 2?

Thrive

Quote from: Voltimolt on April 24, 2012, 01:39:41 AM
Thrive is a legend at signatures.
Quote from: Vee Dub on September 10, 2010, 08:56:25 PM
A rare legend would be someone like Thrive and what not.
That makes me a Double Legend! <3

Quote from: Jake on June 26, 2012, 08:26:15 PM
Oh, Right. You're a legendary Signature maker, Don't get me wrong  ::)
damn RIGHT.

About My Signatures: I have come to believe that signatures are something that need true care for, and can't be generated in two seconds. Also, I have come to believe that text hinders the true beauty of a signature. A signature is supposed to show a render and a background mixing together. Text takes the focus off of these two things, and can make a signature rather disgusting. Text can be in a signature if it is the main focus of it, but other than that, it should just be there as a watermark. This is my GFX philosophy.

Remember the legends: Mute, Cappz, Jazmen, Travis, Ryan, Wyatt, Mark, Cj, Aaron, Hassan,and Jack. You all have a place in my heart.

And then there's Brandon... Sh*t...