News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Spammers & Advertisers

Started by Ron, June 06, 2008, 12:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron

A little while ago, some kid came on and started cussing out and spamming. I have been noticing a steady increase in this, and it really bothers me. As a player moderator, it is very frustrating that they mainly cuss at me. When it reached a certain point, I decided to take action and mute them. But, they had a space at the end of their name. So I could not mute them. If it is possible, try to come up with some way that you cannot have a space at the front or end of your name.
Thank you!
Loading signature...

James

In Blitz, you cannot have a space or character infront of or behind your Username.

And, Advertisers are automatically ip-banned by staff after a warning.

Spammers\flamers\swearing should be given 1-3 warnings, then muted.

Ry60003333

Yea, unfortunately people who autotypers to advertise their or someone else's server. One has even gone as far as to post WorldScape on the Moparscape server list, with the IP www.allgofree.org, and then in the description saying "THE IP ABOVE DOES NOT WORK! USE xxxxxxxxxxxxxx!"

So they stole our IP to advertise their server. I went to talk to the server owner about this, and they rewarded me with a ban. So I crashed their server. :P

But as Mod James said, Blitz will automatically filter your forum name when you login to the game. This means if it filters your name and nothing is left, you will not be able to login and will have to create a new account. We are looking into making the forum not allow the creation of accounts that Blitz doesn't like.  :)
Also, advertisers would have to sign up on the forums to go in game and advertise, which makes it even harder.
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Ron

Yay! That will solve a lot of annoying problems! Thanks AllGoFree!
Loading signature...

Zeldagirl

Ah, this will be a relief. Spammer's have increased in the past couple of months. The other day about 5 player's came onto the server and started cursing at me and spamming. I asked them to stop, no reply (they just kept spamming.) so I reported them for offensive language because i did not see 'spam' on the list.
Anyway, thank's for looking into it. Have a good day.  ::)

Byeeeeeee
- Banned -

Jeremy

That's perfect ZeldaGirl. Spamming is considered offensive language and therefore should be reported for offensive language. Sometimes this will confuse people so just so everyone knows - report spamming under offensive language.  ;D
I'm bad enough to commit suicide and survive long enough to kill my soul after I'm dead.
-Picture removed-