Started by ritearmofgod, April 25, 2008, 11:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ritearmofgod

ok i need help i dont know what im doing wrong
i go to the site pick my world and the game starts to load
then at 100% music list it compleatly frezzes and goes no further

any help is thanked for =)  8)
always keep trying even when you think the end is apon you

o and live  life for now!!!!!, and never for 2morO!!!!!!!!

Ry60003333

It's a good thing you brought this up!  ;D

After the client grabs the music, it would normally start up or grab the cache. However it may get stuck and print out the message "abyte0 nulled" forever. If this happens every single time you run the client, it is probably due to a bad cache download.  >:(

The cache is currently hosted at http://www.agfonline.org/worldscape377cache/cache.zip, and the problem is with that website. It sends the end of file too early for some reason, and while downloading the cache the client will say Done! before it reaches 99% or 100%.
This leads to a corrupt cache. Find the .agf377_file_store_32 folder (if your on Windows it should be in C:/WINDOWS/) and delete it, and run the client again. Make sure the client downloads the cache fully. Then it should work!  ;D

We are currently looking for a new place to host the cache.zip file. Also, we are working on a re-write of the client in a newer release of the refactored 317 RS client, which will hopefully not have this problem because it will download the files from the WorldScape Blitz world you choose.  :D
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

ritearmofgod

where exactly would that file be???

o and thanks alot i think u really helped

ritearmofgod

o another thing like if i press download client
it does its thing i open the folder
i press run agf rs something...
and its on a small screen and that always works

Ry60003333

Yea, the downloadable client works good, but it always goes out of date.  :'(
If we can get the webclient to always work, we'll probably stick with that for Blitz.  :)

Jeremy

Quote from: ritearmofgod on April 25, 2008, 11:47:14 PM
where exactly would that file be???

o and thanks alot i think u really helped

The file you downloaded it to.  ;D
I'm bad enough to commit suicide and survive long enough to kill my soul after I'm dead.
-Picture removed-

ritearmofgod

kaelan

Yes i dont use the web client one i just use the downloaded one i have.

Cavallers

talking about client ry i need ur help i did something to my enviroments long time ago when triying to make a server unfortanetly i cant port foward but now i cant run any client they wont work only if their a run java bat.... but if their run... it wont work can u help me out i wanna play on worldscapes client

-Cavallers

kaelan

You might have to try re downloading the client or ask ry.

Cavallers

no dude i know about servers alot and its not that its my enviroments from my computer like what alouds java to work perfecly im not good at java so i messed em up :s

-Cavallers

ritearmofgod

Ry60003333

Not really. If your Java PATH variable is messed up, the Applet WebClient should still load, but the downloadable one wouldn't.

By the way, the cache download is completely messed up, I tried loading the client at school and it said "Done!" at 0%. :'( If anyone knows any direct link places I can host the cache, post here!

Cavallers

well the only clients i cant open are the ones whit run bat file but if they are java bat file like mopar it works....
and the ws client has a java run file too so i migth be able to make it run but yes it dosnt matter webclients will work u just need java not enviroments variables cuz i use silab on silab servers....

-Cavallers

scinith

it wont let me delete the folder it says its in use but im running the game straight from the website.. why is this?
The world can only spin until the last idea has been purchased...