News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

trololol

Started by Jake, January 19, 2016, 07:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Would Ryan be on often enough to sort through other people's updates? Also I do recall everyone claiming how weirdly coded this game was, how many people would actually have the knowledge to take advantage of this update?

Recoil

Quote from: Kevin on January 21, 2016, 10:47:39 PM
Quote from: Kryptonite on January 21, 2016, 12:34:06 PM
No fuck you kevin and petter don't post stuff giving us hope that this game is actually going to be worked on and updated in the future that's just cruel.

I do know he has been working on making it so players can create their own updates and implement them.

It was an idea I had years ago, where people could create entire updates and post them for Ryan to approve; this would even work for players posting updates and bug fixes.

I am not sure how close it is to being done.

Yeah it was the API update, we were all really pumped for it until one day James said he hadn't heard about it being worked on at all.

Quote from: Jake on January 22, 2016, 12:37:52 AM
Would Ryan be on often enough to sort through other people's updates? Also I do recall everyone claiming how weirdly coded this game was, how many people would actually have the knowledge to take advantage of this update?
He may not, but you have to remember also have James and Kevin who could approve it.

And to answer your other question, that's not really what an API is.

Here, this is a protocol list for making a RSPS:
http://rsps.wikia.com/wiki/317_Protocol

Ryan would just have to add things to that list to account for all the bells and whistles he's added. Then just have a way for people to submit code online and veto whatever he doesn't like. This server may be "The best RSPS. Ever." but all 317 RSPSs are essentially doing the same things, which all can be found on what I linked above.

APIs are essentially a plug in guide for an existing app. Plus, coding is a lot more abstract than you may think, which is why plug-ins work for just about any application so long as it's the same programming language.

Edit: words
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Jake

That's if James is interested in this place by the time this update comes, if it does eventually come that is. Seems as if he's been left out a little bit even though he's the only person who's actually cared and at least tried to work on the server in the past 2 years  :o

Ahh I see, thanks for clearing that up for me ( a bit at least  ::) ) I don't really take much interest in that side of games. I enjoy playing them although I'm not that eager in making them or maintaining them! To many numbers/words/symbols for my head.

Kevin

The way Ryan has designed the server makes it fairly easy to implement basic content. For example, he made a Quest Editor we used a lot for RuneRebels, and he also created the Dialogue editor, I used that a lot.

He's good at making tools to get content made.

One of the biggest problems with WorldScape is the economy. There is literally no economy, we've tried making mini-games that are never used or even thought about and it just gets ignored. Adding more content won't exactly fix the problem...

One thing I wouldn't mind doing, but will likely never happen is a complete character reset. (Items/Stats) And make the max stat 99, and adjust the xp rate to fit that.

D E A T H

Since we haven't had any updates in a while I say we hang the current owners and staff and elect a new owner (ME). Who's with me??!?!?

D E A T H for Owner 2016!!!!!!!

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

Mia

Quote from: Kevin on January 22, 2016, 04:25:30 PM
The way Ryan has designed the server makes it fairly easy to implement basic content. For example, he made a Quest Editor we used a lot for RuneRebels, and he also created the Dialogue editor, I used that a lot.

One of the biggest problems with WorldScape is the economy. There is literally no economy, we've tried making mini-games that are never used or even thought about and it just gets ignored. Adding more content won't exactly fix the problem...

One thing I wouldn't mind doing, but will likely never happen is a complete character reset. (Items/Stats) And make the max stat 99, and adjust the xp rate to fit that.

I would support a complete character reset. But, I know people who've worked hard for their ranks and stats, so why not just a item reset?

Kevin

Quote from: Mia on January 22, 2016, 10:03:12 PM

I would support a complete character reset. But, I know people who've worked hard for their ranks and stats, so why not just a item reset?

Pretty cheap to have stats that were achieved with duplicated items.

Mia

Quote from: Kevin on January 22, 2016, 10:05:30 PM

I get that.  And with the way Jeremy had things back then, giving away all these "rare" items etc was another factor to why the eco sucks. 
I still love the idea of Rares, but I think we should be obtaining rare items from Boss drops, monster drops or Admin Hosted Events.  That way we can still have items from holidays events but they wouldn't be classed as "rare".

Also as read from above, posting Ryan's codes online in my opinion isn't fair.  He's kept it 'hidden' now for so long and it wouldn't be right if we just   posted it for the world to see.

As for stats that were trained without items (agility)  Would they be reset also? Anyhow,  I do believe starting new would be the best and the worse thing.

Kevin

Quote from: Mia on January 22, 2016, 10:09:54 PM
Quote from: Kevin on January 22, 2016, 10:05:30 PM

I get that.  And with the way Jeremy had things back then, giving away all these "rare" items etc was another factor to why the eco sucks. 
I still love the idea of Rares, but I think we should be obtaining rare items from Boss drops, monster drops or Admin Hosted Events.  That way we can still have items from holidays events but they wouldn't be classed as "rare".

Also as read from above, posting Ryan's codes online in my opinion isn't fair.  He's kept it 'hidden' now for so long and it wouldn't be right if we just   posted it for the world to see.

As for stats that were trained without items (agility)  Would they be reset also? Anyhow,  I do believe starting new would be the best and the worse thing.

He's not releasing everything, only some of the plugins. Nobody will ever have full access to his code besides him.

Mia

Good.  Wouldn't want everyones hard work go to waste :-)

Kryptonite

Quote from: Kevin on January 22, 2016, 10:32:14 PM
Nobody will ever have full access to his code besides him.

#NeverForget Luke and Aaron lul

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Kevin

Quote from: Kryptonite on January 23, 2016, 03:10:51 AM

They never got access to his code.

James

Quote from: Kryptonite on January 23, 2016, 03:10:51 AM

Yeah, all they got was pretty much a list of plugins

Jake

The only person I can imagine being apposed to a complete reset would be Predator because he's maxed. As Kevin said though, getting maxed with the use of unlimited resources isn't that special.

Also it'd be freak'n sick if we could have an IronMan option! Like delete the ::rune/::bank etc options and take away ::theshop and all that jazz, It'd open the game up a bit more and actually allow you to play "single-player" rather than multi-player with one person. There'd have to be some tweaking done like add more herb drops and stuff that like but it surely wouldn't be that difficult?

Kevin

Quote from: Jake on January 23, 2016, 07:58:11 PM
The only person I can imagine being apposed to a complete reset would be Predator because he's maxed. As Kevin said though, getting maxed with the use of unlimited resources isn't that special.

Also it'd be freak'n sick if we could have an IronMan option! Like delete the ::rune/::bank etc options and take away ::theshop and all that jazz, It'd open the game up a bit more and actually allow you to play "single-player" rather than multi-player with one person. There'd have to be some tweaking done like add more herb drops and stuff that like but it surely wouldn't be that difficult?

I wouldn't be opposed to an IronMan Mode.