News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Improving Blitz

Started by Ry60003333, May 31, 2008, 01:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry60003333

Well, recently I've been touching up Blitz and switching it to NIO. Right now I'm cleaning it up, and making things non static. (If you know what that means  :P)

Well all I've done is the main Server class, and I've made myself a lot of work! (Anything with a red ! in the corner has one or more classes that needs fixing!  ::))

Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Cavallers

oo good process :) you are awesome at coding.

-Cavallers

perkele

I have no idea how do you guys make servers and improve them, but it looks hard and I'm very thankful about what you are doing  :D Can I ask, what do you get about upholding a server ?  :P

Ry60003333

Quote from: perkele on June 07, 2008, 02:31:56 PM
I have no idea how do you guys make servers and improve them, but it looks hard and I'm very thankful about what you are doing  :D Can I ask, what do you get about upholding a server ?  :P

What do you mean by upholding?  ???

Ron

Looks great Ry!
P.S. Macs are M-azing! :o
Loading signature...

perkele

Quote from: Ry60003333 on June 07, 2008, 11:31:42 PM
Quote from: perkele on June 07, 2008, 02:31:56 PM

What do you mean by upholding?  ???

Im not very good at English bcause Im from Finland, but I mean like keeping up a server or how can you say it .. If you don't understand you don't have to answer :P

perkele

Oh, yes.. I would also ask for a favour for you Ry... Could you make a list of items and all other improvements what are coming to Blitz release? Or just keep it as a secret until lauch ?  ;)

Ry60003333

Well I have two computers dedicated to running the stuff needed for the server, and the website.  :D
And the items are in the client, so there probably won't be any new items.  :(

Almost all of the improvements are in the server.  ;)

kaelan

Quote from: Ry60003333 on June 09, 2008, 10:51:44 AM
Well I have two computers dedicated to running the stuff needed for the server, and the website.  :D
And the items are in the client, so there probably won't be any new items.  :(

Almost all of the improvements are in the server.  ;)
Ok cool cant wait.

Seth

Omg, Did you create the whole worldscape server on a mac ry?  If you did i need some info on how.  Cause I'm on a mac.!
Never wound, what you can't kill.

Ry60003333

Yep, I do all my Java programming on my Mac.
I use the NetBeans IDE from www.netbeans.org.

Zeldagirl

Oh, Ryan.

I'm glad to hear you got the old I-Mac to work again  ;D
I remember you were working on that the other day. Anyways, good luck coding, I'll be there to test whatever you throw my way.  :D

Thanks Ry,
Zelda.
- Banned -

Chris Bud

Well I'm not exactly sure on some of the stuff you are alway's talking about Ry. I can see you still definetly please each, and everyone of your player's. Good job, and I hope you are here for along time to keep me company ::)     ~Chris

Zeldagirl

Ry is always here for us, and when he is not, he has great staff to fill in for him.

Examples:

Jeremy, Mod James, Mod Elias, Mod Katie, and so many more who are of so much importance as the listed staff.

Fantastic job EVERYONE! :)

Zelda.
- Banned -

Ry60003333

Quote from: Zeldagirl on June 18, 2008, 08:58:51 PM
Oh, Ryan.

I'm glad to hear you got the old I-Mac to work again  ;D
I remember you were working on that the other day. Anyways, good luck coding, I'll be there to test whatever you throw my way.  :D

Thanks Ry,
Zelda.
Yea one of the old iMacs is running World 3, the other one won't start up from the hard drive for reasons I don't know.  :'(