News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Things past 100

Started by Kryptonite, September 18, 2014, 04:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryptonite

As everyone knows, skills go up to 135 on worldscape. However, there isn't anything to do past level 99 in a skill other than to train it, which gets very tedious and boring since you're always on the same thing for 99% of your 135 skill. I believe new options should be added for training as well as new features that are unlocked past level 100+. I will be suggesting them in detail for multiple skills on this topic. I know there are some weapons that are available after 100 but I don't remember what they are. I believe keris and anchor.

Please everyone comment what you think about this and feel free to offer any suggestions of your own.

Remember: when suggesting things, only use features that are available in the 474 client.

[spoiler=Mining]
Training options:
- Gem rocks: 110 mining required. Each rock contains 2 - 12 gems and can be continuously mined until they run out. 45 second respawn time, mines quickly, and about 4 - 5 rocks in proximity. Gives gems from sapphire-onyx. All gems give the same XP and have increasing rarity. XP per gem: 18,250
- Sandstone: 120 mining required. One ore per rock. Mines quickly and has fast rewpawn time (~10 sec). 10-20 rocks in proximity. Located in desert area that would require waterskins to avoid taking damage from heat and contains aggressive snakes. 22,500 exp per rock.
- Granite: 125 mining and 120 strength required. Mines slightly slower than sandstone and has a slightly slower respawn time (~15 sec) than sandstone. About 8 rocks in proximity. 1 in 3 chance that a successful mine will lower strength by 1 - 3 levels. If strength drops below 120, you will not be able to mine them. 26,750 xp per rock.
- Elemental ore: 130 mining, prayer, and magic required; 125+ hitpoints recommended. Mines very slowly and extremely slow respawn rate (~2 hours). 2 - 3 rocks max in entire game and 1 ore per rock. A successful mine will completely drain your prayer points and magic level, and a "divine force" will deal between 70 and 125 damage. 250,000 experience per ore. Doesn't have much of a use except for a big chunk of mining and smithing XP every few hours.

Items:
- Mining tome: book that could randomly be given to a player when mining similar to a genie lamp, except much rarer. Activating the tome would give a 1 in 3 chance of receiving double ores (and double xp) for 10 minutes.
- Mining helmet: could be bought from an NPC for 5k noted sandstone or 3k noted granite. Boosts mining XP by 10% when worn. Degrades and turns to dust after mining 2,500 ores. Requires 125 mining to equip.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fishing]
Training options:
- Harpooning sea turtles: 105 fishing required. Would be accessible in the coordinates for underwater area. Slightly slower catch than sharks. 29,700 xp each.
- Net fishing for manta rays: 120 fishing required.  Accessible in the underwater area. Same speed as sea turtles. 32,100 xp each. Requires a big fishing net to catch.
- Fishing eels: 130 fishing required. Accessible in underwater area. Extremely slow speed. 51,000 xp each. Heal full health + 5 if cooked and eaten. Need to be caught with oily fishing rod.

Items:
- Unusual fish: randomly obtained when fishing, but very rarely. Make stackable. Used as currency for next things on list:
- Fishing expolsives: keep in your inventory or equipped while fishing. Occasionally your character will throw one and explode some fish, catching up to 6 fish at once. Purchased for 1 unusual fish each.
- Fishing tome: increases fishing xp by 50% for one hour. Purchased for 100 unusual fish.
- Oily fishing rod: required to catch eels. Purchased for 25 unusual fish.
- Sea fishing map: 1 in 10 chance to fish double fish and receive double xp each time you catch a fish. Degrades to dust after 5,000 fish caught. Purchased for 100 unusual fish.
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Predator

We should have a kwoff event!

When he appears, he says; "Have I ever told you the definition of kwoff?"
And then you have like 5 seconds to log out or he will instantly kill you, robb your bank and will ban your account permanently.
[COMPLETE] 1. Get 135 in every skill
[COMPLETE] 2. Pass 10 billion total experience (10/10)
[COMPLETE] 3. Pass 20 billion total experience (20/20)
[COMPLETE] 4. Pass 30 billion total experience (30/30)
[COMPLETE] 5. complete zombies all by myself (840 kills)
[PROGRESSING] 6. hit 2b Exp in all skills (15/21)
[PROGRESSING] 7. Collect 1000 exp lamps (676/1000)

Jake

I actually don't mind this idea. What would the gem rocks look like? Or is there already a type of rock?

Kryptonite

Quote from: Jake on September 19, 2014, 03:40:55 AM
I actually don't mind this idea. What would the gem rocks look like? Or is there already a type of rock?
Yeah they already exist. And thank you!

weed

Krest I V

I like the idea of having new additions to skills past level 100, but of the four mining suggestions you have I can only really support the gem rocks and maybe the elemental rocks.

Kryptonite

Nick, what's your reasoning behind that?

weed

Krest I V

Because there doesn't seem much a point of mining unless the stuff is going to be used for something. I don't want to mine sandstone if I can't use it for smithing or runecrafting

Recoil

Quote from: Krest I V on September 19, 2014, 05:03:10 PM
Because there doesn't seem much a point of mining unless the stuff is going to be used for something. I don't want to mine sandstone if I can't use it for smithing or runecrafting

You are so full of shit dude. You continuously are not in support of upping xp for mining even though it's INSANE. We all know it's just cause you're close to getting 135 mining by mining ess.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Krest I V

But I am openly supporting the first one completely and I'm considering the final one?

Recoil

Quote from: Krest I V on September 19, 2014, 08:27:40 PM
But I am openly supporting the first one completely and I'm considering the final one?

That literally made no sense.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Krest I V

I'm openly supporting his first mining suggestion and I'm on the fence about the fourth one. I'm open to adding things to train on past level 100, but I'm not interested in doing things purely for exp if you can do it frequently enough to make the skill significantly easier.

Jake

Runescape has ores that are pretty much purely for just mining xp? Plus Kane added uses for some of the ores.

Krest I V

He added uses for all four, but the middle two are just used as a currency that can only be used to buy two items. They become pretty pointless after a bit.

Kryptonite

weed

Predator

here are the coordinates where the rocks are located; 2824 2998
there are 7 rocks.
http://gyazo.com/965d40458f92d7a48e3d0821e555a404
[COMPLETE] 1. Get 135 in every skill
[COMPLETE] 2. Pass 10 billion total experience (10/10)
[COMPLETE] 3. Pass 20 billion total experience (20/20)
[COMPLETE] 4. Pass 30 billion total experience (30/30)
[COMPLETE] 5. complete zombies all by myself (840 kills)
[PROGRESSING] 6. hit 2b Exp in all skills (15/21)
[PROGRESSING] 7. Collect 1000 exp lamps (676/1000)