News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Centralized mining area

Started by James, September 13, 2014, 02:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mining Area?

Yes?
No?
Don't give two shits?

wolf

Just leave it how it is, if anything fasten the respawn rate for ores.

Recoil

My mining level is actually higher than most people's Nick. 114 - 135 is something I wouldn't hate doing. But so far, it has been horrible.

I still haven't seen you debunk what I'm saying. I mean, the fact that it takes 60 hours at the least screams reform. All you've tried to respond to that is that it should stay harder, but why? Cause Jagex maybe (probably not) wanted mining to be harder? Who f*cking cares? What is the incentive to currently train mining Nick? Me and Jake actually want a multi-faceted game where people can experience all aspects of the game without feeling like one part is such a grind it isn't even worth playing. You really think if a new player stops by at WS they're gonna wanna put 60 hours into one skill? No. You are barely past half-way... it's the only reason you don't want it to be slower.

Also, stop bringing up what Jagex wanted as if that's relevant here. It's not. People levitate towards RSPSs for a different experience. They aren't god, they made a lot of stupid decisions, and it's honestly just not important to us what they may or may not have planned the game to go years ago. You're just using that to divert the main point.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Krest I V

Quote from: Recoil on September 21, 2014, 11:13:21 PM
114 - 135 is something I wouldn't hate doing. But so far, it has been horrible.

That doesn't even make sense. Those are completely conflicting statements on your view of the subject and they're right next to each other.

I still haven't seen you debunk what I'm saying. I mean, the fact that it takes 60 hours at the least screams reform.

If it screamed reform then it would have been reformed by the people using it the longest - Jagex. Not to mention that it's the same way on 99% of other servers. No other servers have mining at 750x while everything else is at 250x.

All you've tried to respond to that is that it should stay harder, but why? Cause Jagex maybe (probably not) wanted mining to be harder?

Maybe? Probably not? It's almost as if they made the game that all of this is based off of and decided on specific experience rewards for mining certain ores. How can you even say "maybe" or "probably not" when they specifically made it that way?

What is the incentive to currently train mining Nick?

It's the exact same as the only current incentive to play the game at all: race to maxed stats. Why does everyone else get a shortcut when I and a few others have had to do what would end up being three times harder than what you would need to do? It's like if I was competing in a mile long run and my time was being compared to people that had to run a third of a mile. My time getting from A to B would be significantly longer than anyone else. How is that fair?

Me and Jake actually want a multi-faceted game where people can experience all aspects of the game without feeling like one part is such a grind it isn't even worth playing.

No, bullshit. That's not even somewhat true. You want to make the game easier for yourself, don't even try to tell us that you're doing it for everyone else. Don't say that you and Jake want that. You don't even want that for each other, just for yourselves.

Quote from: Recoil on September 21, 2014, 11:13:21 PMYou really think if a new player stops by at WS they're gonna wanna put 60 hours into one skill? No.

Can you tell me that last time you saw a genuinely new player in game? The game isn't going to get any new members. The only new people from now on are people that are coming back after having left years ago. Not to mention that mining is not the first thing they think about. Who goes mining five minutes into the game? I've played for six years and I've only mined in the last two years and not really all that extensively except for the last two weeks. Mining is one of the last things you even think about doing because it's a hard skill so don't act like that is what's going to make or break a person's experience.

You are barely past half-way... it's the only reason you don't want it to be slower.

Oh you mean I don't want others to have an enormous advantage over me? Surprise, surprise! Who in my position would ever in a million years want this? Maybe I'd support it if there were like fifty people who already had 135 I'd think about it because at that point the total levels wouldn't change all that much, but if this gets put in I have little to no chance getting it first. Like I've said before, I would essentially lose out on 40 hours of training that you guys would have been getting.

Also, stop bringing up what Jagex wanted as if that's relevant here. It's not. People levitate towards RSPSs for a different experience. They aren't god, they made a lot of stupid decisions, and it's honestly just not important to us what they may or may not have planned the game to go years ago. You're just using that to divert the main point.

Yup, they did make a lot of stupid decisions. A vast, vast majority were made after this game was made. So many were made afterwards that people wanted the game to go back to the way this one is based off of (RS07). Guess what is normal in RS07? Mining isn't buffed to give everyone a huge step towards level 99. No private servers have mining to be significantly easier than the other skill.

Your arguments are so bad I can't even handle it right now. You keep saying that you want to do it for everyone else but that's bullshit and you know it. You say that there's no basis for my argument and there clearly is. The only part of your argument that's even somewhat good is the fact that it is a ridiculous amount of time, but even that's not that good of an argument because that's the way it's supposed to be. It's supposed to be harder to get. Just like smithing and just like herblore. They're the skills that no one cares about and only those that put effort towards them are high leveled in them.

Kryptonite

Nick just shrekt all over ethan's face holy shit.

But I definitely vote we never speed up XP for any skill whatsoever in this entire game's history. If they want it so bad, they can take the time to get it. Otherwise, they can find other things to do with their time.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

wolf

We need to speed up the respawn rate for magic tree's holy shit i wanna kms.

Kryptonite

Quote from: wolf on September 22, 2014, 12:00:37 AM
Just relog you fool

weed

wolf

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 12:01:27 AM
Quote from: wolf on September 22, 2014, 12:00:37 AM
Just relog you fool
actually works?

Krest I V

I think he means log into world 2 but idk if that works right now

wolf

just re logging into the same world doesn't work.

Kryptonite

You only need to do it if you notice the trees getting stuck not growing back for a long period of time.

weed

Jake

Quote from: Krest I V on September 21, 2014, 10:14:07 PM
First, both herblore and smithing are significantly more difficult than mining is.
Admittedly Smithing is more difficult but not Herblore. I recall Kane saying that Herblore is actually a fast skill a while ago, you just need to donate a stupid amount of money.

Quote from: Krest I V on September 21, 2014, 10:14:07 PMWith mining you can mine 28k gold ore and get to level 135. Smithing that 28k gold ore will grant you 159m experience which is slightly over 1/3rd of the way to 135. Alternatively, through math that Kane recently did, you can smelt 23k mithril bars and then make them into chestplates. But, the thing is, those mithril bars take one piece of mithril and four pieces of coal meaning that you need 115k ores in total. Mining the coal for that alone will grant over one billion mining experience. In other words, smithing is significantly harder than mining is.
You're diverting the convocation to Smithing, I said I wasn't going to pass judgement on Smithing until the update is out. You're just saying that Smithing is harder than Mining but in reality if players had mass amounts of ores then Smithing would have been done already. Same as Herblore.

Quote from: Krest I V on September 21, 2014, 10:14:07 PMWhat's even more detrimental to your point is the fact that herblore is even worse! Kane could very easily be the only person that ever gets 135 in herblore and he had to donate several hundred dollars to do it! If herblore had been released before I killed all of those shades for 2b in several combat skills then I might be at level 121 (one quarter to 135) by now, but even that's doubtful. I'm going to get 135 mining, but I will almost certainly not be getting 135 herblore even with the new boss having herblore drops.
Once again, you're picking one statement I made out of that whole paragraph. This isn't about Smithing or Herblore. This is about Mining and how stupidly slow it is. Herblore will become more do-able as the game goes on considering there will be more opportunities to get more herbs. It's not the slowness of those skills it getting the materials to actually get the levels.

Quote from: Krest I V on September 21, 2014, 10:14:07 PM
Second, your point with the firemaking is just about invalid. Did RuneScape make the skill three times faster as Ethan is suggesting by bringing this down to 20 hours? No, of course they didn't because that's a ridiculous idea, which you are clearly supporting. What they did was make the typical exp per hour go from 281,015 to 312,650. That's 11.2% faster, which while it is a decently large amount, is nothing compared to 200% faster which is what's being suggested by Ethan. Furthermore, that 200% is if you go at an optimal rate, not the typical rate I used for your firemaking which means that it's probably closer to 250%. What you're suggesting (again, lets say it's only 200%) is going from 281,015 to 843,045 per hour. I'd say it's like comparing apples to oranges, but at least both of those are fruit. This is like comparing apples to a bucket with a hole in it, which coincidentally seems to be what's supporting your argument.
No they didn't make it 3 times slower because Runescape is designed to be challenging and a time waster. We are not Jagex and Runescape is not our game. You're mixing arguments here, I haven't stated how much faster the skill should be. I never said I think the skill should be 200% faster at all. Ethan said that, so when you're talking directly to me use what I've suggested not what another player has suggested and think I want that. You keep comparing our game to Runescape. We aren't a re-make. Just because Jagex has designed mining to be a grind doesn't mean every single rsps has to do the exact same. People don't come to the RSPS community to play a game that won't change a part of the server just because Runescape has it a certain way.

Quote from: Krest I V on September 21, 2014, 10:54:18 PM
If we're going to mess around with the exp rates for mining then I guess we should just mess with the exp requirements for mining too.
That's stupid. Attack, Strength and Defence are all fast skills to level. Are you going to recommend that we make the requirement to wear rune 80 Defence?

Predator

Ghe thkng with smithung is that even though you have your supplies, it's gonna take ages.
[COMPLETE] 1. Get 135 in every skill
[COMPLETE] 2. Pass 10 billion total experience (10/10)
[COMPLETE] 3. Pass 20 billion total experience (20/20)
[COMPLETE] 4. Pass 30 billion total experience (30/30)
[COMPLETE] 5. complete zombies all by myself (840 kills)
[PROGRESSING] 6. hit 2b Exp in all skills (15/21)
[PROGRESSING] 7. Collect 1000 exp lamps (676/1000)

wolf

Krest I V

You say that herblore and smithing will be easy when we get the supplies for it. Where exactly are those going to come from? You think you'll ever be able to just buy 23k mithril ore and 92k coal ore? You think you'll be able to just buy the herbs necessary for 135 herblore? Of course you won't be able to because that much will never exist in the game at any one point, nevermind it being for sale. To get those things you're going to need to do skills far past level 135, including mining which you seem to think is the hardest.

Furthermore, you have consistently agreed with Ethan so I thought it was more than acceptable to associate his suggestion with what you thought, because, y'know, you keep agreeing with him on it.

Jake

Quote from: Krest I V on September 21, 2014, 11:47:11 PM
That doesn't even make sense. Those are completely conflicting statements on your view of the subject and they're right next to each other.
It does make sense. Getting 114-135 Woodcutting isn't something that we'd all hate. Getting 114-135 Mining is borderline idiot.

Quote from: Krest I V on September 21, 2014, 11:47:11 PMIf it screamed reform then it would have been reformed by the people using it the longest - Jagex. Not to mention that it's the same way on 99% of other servers. No other servers have mining at 750x while everything else is at 250x.
It doesn't matter who's been using it the longest. Once again we aren't Jagex and 99% of servers are definitely not like that. In fact most servers have it balanced so that everything is consistent.

It's the exact same as the only current incentive to play the game at all: race to maxed stats. Why does everyone else get a shortcut when I and a few others have had to do what would end up being three times harder than what you would need to do? It's like if I was competing in a mile long run and my time was being compared to people that had to run a third of a mile. My time getting from A to B would be significantly longer than anyone else. How is that fair?
I asked the question before and you decided not to answer, you decided to pick at one statement I made and made 2 paragraphs about it. Which is stupid. Maybe you'll answer it if I ask twice. Why does it matter so much to you if someone gets 135 Mining faster than you did? You're going to get it first, as it is now. How does it become less of an accomplishment? It doesn't. You're just determined to keep a slow skill slow so you can be the only one that has 135 mining for a while. Which must make you feel special.

Quote from: Krest I V on September 21, 2014, 11:47:11 PMNo, bullshit. That's not even somewhat true. You want to make the game easier for yourself, don't even try to tell us that you're doing it for everyone else. Don't say that you and Jake want that. You don't even want that for each other, just for yourselves.
Nick that's so hypocritical, you're talking fluent bullshit right now. You're debating that Mining should stay a 60 hour skill when you're the only one who's gotten over 130. You just want it to stay hard because you've gotten the most experience. There are more people out there who won't put 60 hours into a skill than people that would. How are we not wanting it for everyone? You're the one who want it for yourself.

Can you tell me that last time you saw a genuinely new player in game? The game isn't going to get any new members. The only new people from now on are people that are coming back after having left years ago. Not to mention that mining is not the first thing they think about. Who goes mining five minutes into the game? I've played for six years and I've only mined in the last two years and not really all that extensively except for the last two weeks. Mining is one of the last things you even think about doing because it's a hard skill so don't act like that is what's going to make or break a person's experience.
You don't know that at all. You're ruling out the possibility of a new member joining ever? That's stupid. If no new players are going to join then the server is just going to die, then whats your 135 mining going to be? Nothing. New players will join and the game will re-build. Obviously you didn't mine when you joined considering you couldn't skill other than combat. Nothing was added back then. I know whenever I get on a new server i try out all the skills before i decide to start training hard out and I know I wouldn't be the only one. In reality a 60 hour skill would definitely break most people's experience.

Oh you mean I don't want others to have an enormous advantage over me? Surprise, surprise! Who in my position would ever in a million years want this? Maybe I'd support it if there were like fifty people who already had 135 I'd think about it because at that point the total levels wouldn't change all that much, but if this gets put in I have little to no chance getting it first. Like I've said before, I would essentially lose out on 40 hours of training that you guys would have been getting.
Exactly what I've been saying, you just want to be the only person with 135 Mining. So turning the around you only want this not to happen to benefit you. So don't accuse Ethan and I for wanting the update just for ourselves.

Yup, they did make a lot of stupid decisions. A vast, vast majority were made after this game was made. So many were made afterwards that people wanted the game to go back to the way this one is based off of (RS07). Guess what is normal in RS07? Mining isn't buffed to give everyone a huge step towards level 99. No private servers have mining to be significantly easier than the other skill.
5th time, same thread. We aren't Runescape and we aren't Runescape 07. People on Runescape won't ask for a skill to be faster because it won't happen. It can and hopeful will happen on a RSPS because private servers are made to tailor to players interests and likings. Nick there are litterely hundreds of thousands of private server out there, you literally do not know that.

Quote from: Krest I V on September 21, 2014, 11:47:11 PMYour arguments are so bad I can't even handle it right now. You keep saying that you want to do it for everyone else but that's bullshit and you know it. You say that there's no basis for my argument and there clearly is. The only part of your argument that's even somewhat good is the fact that it is a ridiculous amount of time, but even that's not that good of an argument because that's the way it's supposed to be. It's supposed to be harder to get. Just like smithing and just like herblore. They're the skills that no one cares about and only those that put effort towards them are high leveled in them.
The hypocritical remark has been made again. You're the only person on here that's so determined for it not to be updated because you put your time into the skill. Therefor you only want it for yourself. The ridiculous amount of time is a valid argument, It's improving the game. We're all not going to spend 60 hours on a skill. It's just like me saying "Why don't we just change the max levels to 99 because that's how they're supposed to be!"