News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

CLUE SCROLLS?!?!

Started by wolf, September 11, 2014, 04:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf

Add clue scrolls but not regular ones, make them 10x longer than they are on rs and 99% of other servers.
I don't even care what rewards are given whether its stacks of dharocks and stuff like that or rewards similar to barrows. or something completely new.

PS, could be a good drop for the new boss.

Jake

The reason why they're so short on other RSPS's is because they're a pain in the butt to add into the game.

I'd vote to get some certain other aspects of the game to be released, like an agility course, before clue scrolls but i'd feel very stiff if clue scrolls were introduced <3

James

Not sure how I feel about clue scrolls. In my opinion, worldscape is more about the npcs and mini games and skilling than distractions. I'm open to suggestions though.

Binary

It would simply be useless without an economy fix and changing up the drops. There's no reward you could give that would make people want to do them.
A.K.A. Recoil

Check out my account progress for Jake's iron-man challenge!

Krest I V

If the reward was something like 500 pure ess and it took twice as long as mining 500 pure ess then I'd definitely do that. It spices up the game and honestly f*ck skilling when it's something as menial as mining ess. For other prizes you could do like 100 uncooked sharks or 200 magic logs or something. WS is largely about skilling and PCS and it used to be a lot about PvP and we can make the prizes about that too. Also, troll rewards should be worked in like 10k flax or 8 gp or something.

Binary

Quote from: Krest I V on September 11, 2014, 02:45:26 PM
If the reward was something like 500 pure ess and it took twice as long as mining 500 pure ess then I'd definitely do that. It spices up the game and honestly f*ck skilling when it's something as menial as mining ess. For other prizes you could do like 100 uncooked sharks or 200 magic logs or something. WS is largely about skilling and PCS and it used to be a lot about PvP and we can make the prizes about that too. Also, troll rewards should be worked in like 10k flax or 8 gp or something.

Well if we're going to have clue scrolls, wouldn't you like the excitement factor? Like actually getting psyched if you got a barrows item or like a zammy plate? I know I'd like it better. Pure ess and other skilling items would be practical just it's not offering anything that skilling can't.
A.K.A. Recoil

Check out my account progress for Jake's iron-man challenge!

Yoho

Possibly a way to make phats and h'weens rare?

Kryptonite

Clue scrolls that give barrow gloves and berserker rings maybe.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Jake

Quote from: Yoho on September 11, 2014, 03:25:14 PM
Possibly a way to make phats and h'weens rare?
Party hats and H'ween masks need to be discontinued to be rare, in other words no possible way to obtain them after a certain point. Adding them to a clue scroll makes them available all the time if you're lucky  :P

Krest I V

While we're on the topic of H'ween masks, I think we should try and bring back the party room. The current set up was great back in the day but I think now it needs a bit of a spruce up to be appealing again.

Jake

Quote from: Krest I V on September 11, 2014, 07:56:21 PM
While we're on the topic of H'ween masks, I think we should try and bring back the party room. The current set up was great back in the day but I think now it needs a bit of a spruce up to be appealing again.
I remember the days where having a H'ween mask made you so rich (this was for about a week) then Jeremy started making everyone ::empty them because they were banned  ???

Ry60003333

Omg I love the party room! That was one of my favorite things to program. ;D
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Yoho

Quote from: Ry60003333 on September 13, 2014, 02:09:51 PM
Omg I love the party room! That was one of my favorite things to program. ;D

I remember when you used to come online and set 1st class drops for like an hour. I got full infinity and sold it for 1b, I thought I was rich as hell.

Kryptonite

Quote from: Krest I V on September 11, 2014, 02:45:26 PM
Must have missed this post cuz I really like this idea or something like it.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

wolf

Party room would be good if i didn't have to run around for dye...