News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

Voting

Started by nate, August 06, 2013, 08:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nate

so this idea is a little bit farfetched. Worldscape has always had problems with getting people to vote because we dont want to further ruin our economy by giving people stuff for voting, but what if we made it that every time we voted we got a blue disk? A blue disk would be 1/20 of a red disk, which is already 1/10 of a shard. So a blue disk would be 1/200 of a shard. Basically it might motivate players to vote, and it would take 200 votes from one player to be equivalent to $1. I think it would ultimately be bad for the economy, but it would be in such a small dosage that no one would ever notice. Plus i think anyone who votes 200 times deserves $1 worth of stuff lol.

This is / isn't a serious post

Zonekiller

No, what we should get is points we can spend towards PK items such as B gloves/bring (they should reset these items), rune defenders (buff the str bonus so it's actually better than the obsidian shield), torsos and firecapes (?). These items could be used to trade with or pk with. Nobody would honestly vote 200 times for one rune shard, that's stupid. Keep the donation shop for the ones who've donated and supported the game, and make a new voting system that would encourage people to vote. Voting is THE most important part of a successful RSPS. Make it happen, guys!

Krest I V

I don't think it's necessary to add a new type of currency to the donor shop and I think that 1 vote = 1/100th of a Doner Dollar (trademarked!) but I support this suggestion otherwise. It would definitely get more people to vote. People think that getting to 10k votes on that page is daunting and will take a really long time so it isn't worth it, but people would do this because as soon as 5 days they could see their reward.'

On the other hand, I agree with Zonekiller. I do think that the donor shop should be reserved for the actual donors. I don't think pking items should be reset though. That'd be silly.

nate

Quote from: Krest I V on August 06, 2013, 09:47:28 PM
I don't think it's necessary to add a new type of currency to the donor shop and I think that 1 vote = 1/100th of a Doner Dollar (trademarked!) but I support this suggestion otherwise. It would definitely get more people to vote. People think that getting to 10k votes on that page is daunting and will take a really long time so it isn't worth it, but people would do this because as soon as 5 days they could see their reward.'

On the other hand, I agree with Zonekiller. I do think that the donor shop should be reserved for the actual donors. I don't think pking items should be reset though. That'd be silly.

The blue disks were just an idea, I really don't care as long as the central idea of slightly rewarding someone for voting

This is / isn't a serious post

Zonekiller

Quote from: Krest I V on August 06, 2013, 09:47:28 PM

I was only referring to the barrow gloves and berserker rings, some people have stupid amounts of barrow gloves (1k+) and making it a cheap item to buy would be great.

Krest I V

But the 3m Dh plates and legs that some people have shouldn't be reset? I mean it's all ridiculous, but we deal with it. No one gets an advantage in any one fight because they have 1k BGloves, you can only use one at a time. Besides, they'll never go through 50 BGloves so there's no harm in have 1k of them.