News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

2.1b

Started by Free Legend, July 21, 2013, 11:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Free Legend

What would you have to do to the server in order to be able to make the max cash go above 2.1b? I've tried on my own servers, but it has something to do with the client size and stuff like that.. It never made sense to me. Why hasn't anyone done it yet?

Yoho

Maximum integer in java is 2,147,483,647

Krest I V

I think that Ryan once told me that Java becomes a lot more complex to work or complex to code with when you increase that maximum integer, but when you do it goes from 2.1b to like 13t.

Free Legend

Quote from: Krest I V on July 21, 2013, 12:40:30 PM
I think that Ryan once told me that Java becomes a lot more complex to work or complex to code with when you increase that maximum integer, but when you do it goes from 2.1b to like 13t.

That would be cool, but yeah I did it once and it wasn't even worth it...

Ry60003333

Yeah it would require heavy modifications to the client, server, and database. I can do the database and the server pretty easily, but modifying in the client and the protocol would be a real pain in the butt! :o
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Jake

Quote from: Ry60003333 on July 30, 2013, 03:25:45 AM
Yeah it would require heavy modifications to the client, server, and database. I can do the database and the server pretty easily, but modifying in the client and the protocol would be a real pain in the butt! :o
In other words, Ryan can do it in like 10 minutes and everyone would be like " :o "