News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

a time banning sytem for moderators

Started by serguy3, March 01, 2009, 03:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serguy3

well, today i read a post about reporting player moderators, when they mute someone then, that player goes and makes offensive names. i think there's a lack of respect for player moderators. some people think that player moderators have little, to no power. i think it would be good for moderators if they could be able to temporarily ban someone example: ::banuser#1(username). what do you think? since you don't exactully have the most active administrator, and i know player moderators have a way to contact them. but i think since you have so many player moderators, it would help with less rule breaking in-game. kinda' like the forums like when you ban someone there's a time duration.

-serguy3-
Thank you to Zack who brought my suggestion to life. Subscribe to WorldscapeBlitz NOW!

Go here for a great theme. Credits to Zack.

Fight my Brute YO!

mumups

I think that is a good idea and the moderators are on more than the admins so it would stop so many rule breakers getting away with just a mute.
Even with a mute you can use the pm to talk so it is not realy that bad anyway.
(thats why i agree with serguy3)
Thanks for the respect people! Glad to be a part of all go free!

Pavilion

A temp ban? Great idea.
It'll allow for dealing with a wide range of offenses.

bhs

I don't know, sure it is only a day but what if they ban everyone? I still feel it is giving too much power.
I hear people wanting something.... ME!!!!

Zack

It's not like there would be no more mutes, moderators would use this ban system to control large problems.

Pavilion

Quote from: bhs on March 09, 2009, 07:12:16 AM
I don't know, sure it is only a day but what if they ban everyone? I still feel it is giving too much power.
Well, it's easy to keep it in control. You could keep very harsh rules for improper conduct, have higher-ups give permission for long bans (although it might cripple the point of giving ban powers to mods), create an emergency ban-proof account only accessible to admins, or implement a fail-safe to temporarily suspend the moderator in the event of a password compromise or user rage (going over a reasonable quota, too frequent bans in a short amount of time, etc.).

I suggest placing a mandatory report form to fill in the detail for a ban that lasts over 12-24 hours.

Chaoslancex

i like the idiea, it would help to deal whit bigger problems. i agree 100% whit this idiea

serguy3

we need proof, can anyone help me o.O? i realize there are some risks with it. we had the problem with ron. but, why not give it to, longer, more experienced mods? i think it would help with it because they've proven they won't abuse there powers.

-serguy3-
Thank you to Zack who brought my suggestion to life. Subscribe to WorldscapeBlitz NOW!

Go here for a great theme. Credits to Zack.

Fight my Brute YO!

Triniboy

Quote from: serguy3 on March 01, 2009, 03:07:04 PM
well, today i read a post about reporting player moderators, when they mute someone then, that player goes and makes offensive names. i think there's a lack of respect for player moderators. some people think that player moderators have little, to no power. i think it would be good for moderators if they could be able to temporarily ban someone example: ::banuser#1(username). what do you think? since you don't exactully have the most active administrator, and i know player moderators have a way to contact them. but i think since you have so many player moderators, it would help with less rule breaking in-game. kinda' like the forums like when you ban someone there's a time duration.

-serguy3-

I think Ryan should work on this for Worldscape Blitz, cause you are right. Everytime a player is muted, and they decided to act inmature about it, most of the time they would make a screen name with a offencing screen name and start to spam the game with nonsense.

Flame

Jeremy

This has already been discussed between Ryan and I. We're aware that a timed banning system would OBVIOUSLY satisfy more so than our system now. Their's a lot of factors that play into how we run the server, and what system we can and can't use.

No need to discuss this any further because we've already made up our mind. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Topic locked.
I'm bad enough to commit suicide and survive long enough to kill my soul after I'm dead.
-Picture removed-

Jeremy

Update: Player Moderator's will never be able to ban.
I'm bad enough to commit suicide and survive long enough to kill my soul after I'm dead.
-Picture removed-