News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Windows 8

Started by White Angel, December 31, 2012, 10:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Angel

Hi guys, I just wanted to ask if the downloadable client would work on windows 8. Thanks :) x

D E A T H

How is Windows 8? From what I have seen in the stores it look crappy.

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

White Angel

Quote from: D E A T H on December 31, 2012, 11:36:20 AM
How is Windows 8? From what I have seen in the stores it look crappy.
I haven't installed it yet because I'm not sure if it's worth installing. My brother bought an installation for me as a gift but I'm not sure if it's good or not.

Krest I V

I just got Windows 8 the other day on my new computer and it works. It's different than before though. Open up the WS folder -> Windows -> Java -> Choose a .jar

Idk why you have to go into the Java folder now, but you do. Also, it's hard to get a hang of Windows 8 right away. I'm still not used to it.

White Angel

Quote from: Krest I V on December 31, 2012, 12:46:25 PM
I just got Windows 8 the other day on my new computer and it works. It's different than before though. Open up the WS folder -> Windows -> Java -> Choose a .jar

Idk why you have to go into the Java folder now, but you do. Also, it's hard to get a hang of Windows 8 right away. I'm still not used to it.
Do you think it's worth intalling?

Krest I V

I mean unless you have a touch screen computer, it's pretty pointless to go out and buy it, but since it was a gift you might as well since most things will be Windows 8 in a couple months. The main things in this version are to make touch screen easier to use, though there are other things.

Voltimolt

Worldscape does work with Windows 8.

Windows 8 is a huge performance upgrade. My laptop starts up and shuts down in 7-8 seconds.
You'll get used to the features, they're not that bad.

Krest I V

Oh my God, the worst feature is the side bar that pops up completely randomly. It will pop up 95/100 when you're trying to get it to pop up, but then it'll just show up sometimes when I barely move my mouse.

Ry60003333

Nothing should stop the client from working on Windows 8, but I agree that Windows 8 is terrible. ::)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Voltimolt

Quote from: Ry60003333 on January 09, 2013, 11:50:03 AM
Nothing should stop the client from working on Windows 8, but I agree that Windows 8 is terrible. ::)

I'm on Windows 8 and I think its a huge performance improvement. The client does work on Windows 8.